PDA

View Full Version : New Safariland 7ts holster for concealed OWB?

Elbowtko
08-21-13, 23:52
Hello,

Has anyone tried out the newish safariland 7ts holster? It looks thinner and more concealable than the older 6378.
There is even a cutdown version just for that purpose.

http://www.holsterops.com/cutdown-7ts-paddle

Would you guys ever consider concealed OWB with active retention?

jck397
08-22-13, 01:10
I'm running the G17 model as a duty holster for my G19. Slim, but still too big for true CCW. I like it over the 6xxx series, though--the felt lining always had a "gritty" feel to it after a short while, and they did a good job with the muzzle end--enough extra space/closure to protect a G17, but a big enough opening for debris to fall through. I'm not a huge fan of the "alien holster" look it has, but it's certainly functional. It will fit other attachments, but the mounting hardware is placed different, so if you try to put it on a UBL it ends up looking like one of the old-school low ride holsters that hangs down around thigh holster level. In order to place correctly I had to use one of the concealment attachments with the nubs cut out to fit the 2" duty belt, and 2 spacers to push it out past my vest (3A). I'm hoping they get the duty mount out for them soon, but until then this system works.

Not to stray too far from the OP's question, but Safariland's website shows a 7360, the 7TS version of the triple-retention ALS/SLS 6360. Has anyone seen one in the wild/heard anything about delivery times? That's what I really want...

Also, I e-mailed Safariland about a 7TS for a G19/X300 combo, and they said nothing planned, but maybe next year and that they'd forward on my suggestion. If there's an interest in new models I'd suggest e-mailing them so they hear from lots of people.

jck397
08-22-13, 03:17
Deleted

ggammell
08-22-13, 11:31
The custom cut down doesn't seem to do anything to make it easier to conceal. Apparently just to use while carrying. Width is the important factor and that doesn't change.

The big market for these are users who carry a weapon but aren't really in need of a deep, low profile holster. Think detectives, gun counter guys or even on a "war belt" for training or something.

demkofour
08-22-13, 16:44
I picked up one weeks ago for my issue G23 (mine is the version for the G19/23, not the G17/22) and wear it working as a detective. It conceals better than the 63xx it replaced, but it is not nearly as concealable as an Atomic Dog or a Raven. Kind of on par with a Comp-Tac in my opinion. But nothing beats the ALS for security while working plainclothes and not necessarily concealed carry.