PDA

View Full Version : Hard weapons case pics and description

jgregory124
08-22-13, 21:27
Hi guys.....I'm going to be building a SHTF/travel hard case set up. I need ideas, only one case; ar, pistols, lights, mags and possibly sniper riffle if there is room.
What have you got? What's the case, what's in your set-up and why did you chose what went in?
Thanks guys!

Ryno12
08-22-13, 21:37
There's some ideas here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=98914

Sent via Tapatalk

Koshinn
08-22-13, 22:17
Hi guys.....I'm going to be building a SHTF/travel hard case set up. I need ideas, only one case; ar, pistols, lights, mags and possibly sniper riffle if there is room.
What have you got? What's the case, what's in your set-up and why did you chose what went in?
Thanks guys!

If SHTF you don't want to be lugging around a pelican case. But during air travel, it's definitely worth the protection seeing how baggage handlers take care of your luggage.

So like the last thread... Be more specific. Do you want to be inconspicuous or does it not matter? Do you want to store your weapons assembled, or is taking them down an option for you? What is your idea of a "sniper rifle"? To many people, a free floated, 16" SS barreled AR with good glass is a "sniper rifle." To others, it's a 24" bolt action .338 Lapua. Do you want a rolling case, or does it not matter? And finally, is cost an issue?

bp7178
08-22-13, 22:36
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/290776_Lets_See_Some_Pelican_Cases__Over_6_years_and_still_not_Tacked_.html

jgregory124
08-22-13, 23:14
If SHTF you don't want to be lugging around a pelican case. But during air travel, it's definitely worth the protection seeing how baggage handlers take care of your luggage.

So like the last thread... Be more specific. Do you want to be inconspicuous or does it not matter? Do you want to store your weapons assembled, or is taking them down an option for you? What is your idea of a "sniper rifle"? To many people, a free floated, 16" SS barreled AR with good glass is a "sniper rifle." To others, it's a 24" bolt action .338 Lapua. Do you want a rolling case, or does it not matter? And finally, is cost an issue?

My sniper rifle is a Remington 700 vtr in .308 bedded, jeweled with trigger work. Khales scope with Harris bi pod.
I would prefer a pelican style case with wheels...cost isn't an issue at all.
As far as SHTF I need a case that I can put a lock on. It's one of those things I'm wanting to limit my self to the items carried and I'm OCD about being organized...obviously I would be not be ble to take every thing in my safe for a bug out situation. So a good "will do all" set up.
My ar would need to stay assembled and ready for use