PDA

View Full Version : AT3 Tactical?

MiloTheDog
08-23-13, 13:32
Hello everyone, Ive been looking for a gas block to hide the FSB taper pin holes on a barrel I bought. I saw a listing for an AT3 Tactical low profile gas block thats long enough to cover both pin holes. Question, has anybody ever heard from these guys? Specs on this gas block say its made out of 4150 steel and it uses 3 set screws. Plus it has a 1 year warranty. Price is $21.85, should I execute purchase?

SilverBullet432
08-23-13, 22:05
Personally, i would look for a proven part, BCM, DD and such, but thats just me, have you googled the company?

thopkins22
08-23-13, 22:19
Never had any experience, much less heard of them...but I think it's safe to say that I'm in agreement with silverbullet.

Looking around their webpage I got the distinct impression that they aren't building anything for professional grade weapons...so while it's inexpensive, it may also be cheap.

Do you still have the gas block from the barrel? If so it's hard to beat shaving down the existing pinned gas block.

Stickman
08-24-13, 01:32
Hello everyone, Ive been looking for a gas block to hide the FSB taper pin holes on a barrel I bought. I saw a listing for an AT3 Tactical low profile gas block thats long enough to cover both pin holes. Question, has anybody ever heard from these guys? Specs on this gas block say its made out of 4150 steel and it uses 3 set screws. Plus it has a 1 year warranty. Price is $21.85, should I execute purchase?

Are you just looking for the cheapest parts?

ScatmanCrothers
08-24-13, 02:30
Personally, i would look for a proven part, BCM, DD and such, but thats just me, have you googled the company?

DD and BCM don't make what he's looking for but there are quality options.

OP, if you don't want to cut down a FSB then I'd recommend going with Larue's offering. Great fit, well worth the price, and does what you want. They also come in .625.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LaRue-Tactical-Low-Profile-Gas-Block-LT-202-p/larue-tactical-lt-202-1.htm

thehun
08-24-13, 08:13
Geissele is making some nice gas blocks too

SilverBullet432
08-24-13, 10:11
DD and BCM don't make what he's looking for but there are quality options.

OP, if you don't want to cut down a FSB then I'd recommend going with Larue's offering. Great fit, well worth the price, and does what you want. They also come in .625.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LaRue-Tactical-Low-Profile-Gas-Block-LT-202-p/larue-tactical-lt-202-1.htm

you're right. DDs block only fits the RIS rails, silly me, i did mean to tell the OP to look into well heard of brands though.

Blak1508
08-24-13, 23:42
I run the Geissele Nitride. It's very solid, they are GTG. I actually ran it for the second time today, I was rail-less with that build but a buddy let me use his Mark 1 since I already had the Geissele barrel nut on it. I also was using the A5H3 to function check the GB. OP check out Geissele's Gas block. You get what you pay for. Do it right the first time. Hope this helps

at3tactical
12-29-13, 19:45
Hey guys, this is Zac from AT3 Tactical. Sorry for the late post but wanted to stick up for our brand a little here. We've sold hundreds of our gas blocks and nobody has complained so far - all positive reviews. All the brands mentioned on this post are great choices but so are ours, we'll put them up against any of the competition!

Iraqgunz
12-30-13, 01:39
Please clearly state your affiliation with the company in your signature line.

Hey guys, this is Zac from AT3 Tactical. Sorry for the late post but wanted to stick up for our brand a little here. We've sold hundreds of our gas blocks and nobody has complained so far - all positive reviews. All the brands mentioned on this post are great choices but so are ours, we'll put them up against any of the competition!

Mr blasty
12-30-13, 02:23
I think I might get some pop corn.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mastiffhound
12-30-13, 03:24
OP join date of Aug 2013, at3 join date Aug 2013 and both with a total post of 1. No funny business here, I'll go get my beer though.