PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company BCG in a Sig M400

Sincitymx
08-25-13, 09:50
Im new to the AR platform and was curious if I could use a Bravo Company Auto BCG in my semi auto M400 without problems. If this has been discussed before, I apologize as I did some searching but didn't find anything on this topic. Thanks
Tom

Moss
08-25-13, 12:06
A full auto bcg can be used in a semi auto rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ennbeegunny15
08-25-13, 18:32
Should have just bought an bcm upper.

_Stormin_
08-25-13, 21:25
Im new to the AR platform and was curious if I could use a Bravo Company Auto BCG in my semi auto M400 without problems. If this has been discussed before, I apologize as I did some searching but didn't find anything on this topic. Thanks
Tom

How many rounds do you have through the upper? You may want to make sure that the headspace is going to be fine, but this is going to be the case with ANY BCG.

SpeedRacer
08-25-13, 22:07
First question I have is why do you need to upgrade the BCG? My brother bought an M400 and although the BCG is a semi version, the gas key was well staked, the bolt carrier is chrome lined, the action was smooth and it runs just fine. If I remember correctly the M400 BCG is more along the lines of an "enhanced" semi BCG as well, with less material removed than other semi carriers. I'm sure it will serve you just fine.

Boba Fett v2
08-26-13, 12:18
First question I have is why do you need to upgrade the BCG? My brother bought an M400 and although the BCG is a semi version, the gas key was well staked, the bolt carrier is chrome lined, the action was smooth and it runs just fine. If I remember correctly the M400 BCG is more along the lines of an "enhanced" semi BCG as well, with less material removed than other semi carriers. I'm sure it will serve you just fine.

Agree. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

NTX_1911
08-26-13, 12:19
I run a BCM bcg in my M400 without any problems.

Sincitymx
08-26-13, 12:24
Thanks all for the replies. I inherited a ton of AR stuff from a friend and was just going through it all. The M400 itself is new with just about 100 rounds shot through it.
Tom

Moss
08-26-13, 12:26
Nice friend ya got there!

Sincitymx
08-26-13, 12:53
Nice friend ya got there!

His wife wanted all firearms and accessories to be gone by the time their first child arrived. He managed to keep some, But I scored..
Thanks again
Tom

Boba Fett v2
08-26-13, 13:35
His wife wanted all firearms and accessories to be gone by the time their first child arrived. He managed to keep some, But I scored..
Thanks again
Tom

Not to drift off topic, but it sounds like a non-supportive wife and a pussy-whipped friend. At this point, with two kids and one on the way, I can't imagine a household without any of my firearms. God forbid there come a day he has to defend his home from home invaders or finds himself in a situation where having a concealed firearm could potentially save him and his loved ones from harm. If he keeps his guns and ammo inaccessable to children as it should be I don't see how having a house free of firearms is going to make them any safer. To each his own.

Sincitymx
08-26-13, 13:41
Not to drift off topic, but it sounds like a non-supportive wife and a pussy-whipped friend. At this point, with two kids and one on the way, I can't imagine a household without any of my firearms. God forbid there come a day he has to defend his home from home invaders or finds himself in a situation where having a concealed firearm could potentially save him and his loved ones from harm. If he keeps his guns and ammo inaccessable to children as it should be I don't see how having a house free of firearms is going to make them any safer. To each his own.

I couldn't agree more. I chalked it up to a fear of the unknown. When I was dating my wife, I took her shooting so she could develop and comfort level and respect for firearms. Now she goes to the range with me. Thanks again
Tom

Ryno12
08-26-13, 13:42

Hopefully, it's more for monetary reasons...

Sent via Tapatalk

texasgunhand
08-29-13, 00:57
The m-400 does have the enhanced bcg,with only a couple hundred rounds through it why not just buy a spare bolt from bcm as a backup?

I dont think you would have to worry about headspace or anything by just changing the bolt right???

If iam wrong PLEASE chime in. Ive been waiting and waiting for bcm to get some bolts in. Been like 7 months now.

Ryno12
08-29-13, 05:50
If iam wrong PLEASE chime in. Ive been waiting and waiting for bcm to get some bolts in. Been like 7 months now.

You know G & R has had BCM bolts & BCGs available for quite awhile now?

Sent via Tapatalk

Uncle_Remus
08-29-13, 06:15
You know G & R has had BCM bolts & BCGs available for quite awhile now?

Sent via Tapatalk

Yes. I scored a BCM bolt from G&R a couple of weeks ago. Check it out.....

Hoot

Clem
08-29-13, 07:39
The m-400 does have the enhanced bcg,with only a couple hundred rounds through it why not just buy a spare bolt from bcm as a backup?

I dont think you would have to worry about headspace or anything by just changing the bolt right???

Bolt here
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCM_BOLT

Whole BCG here
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-BCM

texasgunhand
08-29-13, 13:01
AHHH,, thanks, I was only checking BCMs web site. I have never ordered from G&R when i type in their name at yahoo it comes up with some bad reviews. I know you guys order from them and iam guessing you have no problems??
I am guessing those reviews are from some haters??? I know Grants on here and i think hes the owner right? But ive never talked with him....And iam guessing that if i buy a bolt as a spare its just a drop in no need to check headspace if iam using the old carrier?

Clem
08-29-13, 13:09
AHHH,, thanks, I was only checking BCMs web site. I have never ordered from G&R when i type in their name at yahoo it comes up with some bad reviews. I know you guys order from them and iam guessing you have no problems??
I am guessing those reviews are from some haters??? I know Grants on here and i think hes the owner right? But ive never talked with him....And iam guessing that if i buy a bolt as a spare its just a drop in no need to check headspace if iam using the old carrier?

Grant's a good guy. I've order from him several times.
My latest money burning purchase was a 6920 lower.
:D

Quentin
08-29-13, 13:14

Order with confidence from G&R Tactical. I have many times as have countless others. Besides, what do you expect from a bunch of YA-hoos anyway. The same reviewers probably recommend Cheaper Than Dirt!!! :p

_Stormin_
08-29-13, 17:04
Have had nothing but great experiences ordering from G&R as well. In fact, I think I might have to grab a couple bolts as spares, as he's in stock right now.

texasgunhand
08-29-13, 22:17
Ohh the old cheaperthandirt..LOL i havent bought anything from them in a looong time.Since the $99.00 USED MAGS i wont be ever again..anyway off topic but still worth a chuckle..thanks for the answers..
I was gona chance it a while back on some spare parts but it was during the rush and there was a $100.00 min. at the time at G&R TAC. and i needed 20 bucks worth of small parts.Thanks again..