PDA

View Full Version : Need help please...

Hellfire
04-20-08, 19:05
I mainly shoot the AK platform and I understand the various 7.62x39 rounds. About 4 months ago I bought an AK chambered for the 5.56x45 and I loved it so much I ventured into the AR realm.....my Noveske should ship this week. Anyway, I am confused about what ammo to stock up on....I'm looking for the best price/performance value. I know that there are great tactical rounds available at a price, but I'm talking about usable SHTF ammo that I can get to shoot and save. I have liked the Privi M193 and M855 Both seem accurate and function well....I have heard that the 55gr round does not fragment..?...anyway, I'm looking for the best performance/volume/shoot/store ammo...any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Failure2Stop
04-20-08, 19:42
This topic comes up pretty often. In fact, it's going on right now-
See here. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13686)

I don't know what twist rate your rifle has, but if it is 1:7 pretty much everything should be fine. If it is a 1:9 it might have some issue with the heavy weights such as 77gr offerings.

Hellfire
04-21-08, 23:14
This topic comes up pretty often. In fact, it's going on right now-
See here. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13686)

I don't know what twist rate your rifle has, but if it is 1:7 pretty much everything should be fine. If it is a 1:9 it might have some issue with the heavy weights such as 77gr offerings.

Thanks for your reply and link. The N4 light carbine has a 1:7. I was told that the Privi is loaded to NATO specs.....true?....so if that's the case it should do fine. I can always get a low count of premium ammo and stock the Privi. Any opinions?

rockm4
08-03-08, 00:27
I mainly shoot the AK platform and I understand the various 7.62x39 rounds. About 4 months ago I bought an AK chambered for the 5.56x45 and I loved it so much I ventured into the AR realm.....my Noveske should ship this week. Anyway, I am confused about what ammo to stock up on....I'm looking for the best price/performance value. I know that there are great tactical rounds available at a price, but I'm talking about usable SHTF ammo that I can get to shoot and save. I have liked the Privi M193 and M855 Both seem accurate and function well....I have heard that the 55gr round does not fragment..?...anyway, I'm looking for the best performance/volume/shoot/store ammo...any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not tiring to stand on the shoulders of Giants. but this web site will answer any and all questions that you will have the need to ask and then some. http://wwwammo-oracle.com/body.htm. these guys have really done their homework for we in the need to know category .

markm
08-04-08, 08:48
Thanks for your reply and link. The N4 light carbine has a 1:7. I was told that the Privi is loaded to NATO specs.....true?....so if that's the case it should do fine. I can always get a low count of premium ammo and stock the Privi. Any opinions?

Priv is loaded to 5.56 velocities. The M193 version is good ammo. M855 has had some questionble performance reviews.

I wouldn't use either for defense ammo unless I had no other choice. But it would make for great practice ammo. I have some of the M193 right now.