PDA

View Full Version : RePlay 1080XD- Great POV Camera for Firearms (Review)

Quiet Riot
08-28-13, 07:32
Everybody who has used a GoPro on a firearm knows how great the footage is, but also how bulky and cumbersome the camera can be. RePlay is a company founded by an off-road racing suspension manufacturer that got tired of breaking POV cameras they installed to record their components in action during races. They took what they knew about machining durable products and came out with not just tough cameras, but also a line of machined camera mounts that other companies don't come close to matching.

Their Picatinny mount is especially cool. As I say in the video, GoPro should be ashamed that they don't offer a Picatinny mount like the RePlay. Between the camera size, durability, and available mounts, I've found the RePlay 1080XD to be the best firearms-mounted camera on the market today. Now that Contour is out of business, I don't think anybody offers anything as useable for shooting as RePlay does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGxGVDaGbDU

Wake27
09-08-13, 23:47
Have you tried any of the Contour offerings? I saw this before I bought my camera but decided to go with the +2 since it seemed a lot more popular. I like the Contour quite a bit, but broke my first one too easily. Now that they're out of business, it might not be a bad time to sell it since there's no warranty anymore. And nice video as always.

steyrman13
09-08-13, 23:57
Have you tried any of the Contour offerings? I saw this before I bought my camera but decided to go with the +2 since it seemed a lot more popular. I like the Contour quite a bit, but broke my first one too easily. Now that they're out of business, it might not be a bad time to sell it since there's no warranty anymore. And nice video as always.

It's sad to see that too bc I think they are superior in many wyd to gopro especially battery life. If you decided to offload it on the cheap let me know ;)

Ill have to check out the replay. My buddy has the newest hero 3 and battery SUCKS!!!