PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Group Tells Colorado to Go Pound Sand

30 cal slut
08-28-13, 07:59
An anonymous source familiar with FGI told Breitbart News that this year's "passage of anti-gun legislation in Colorado has taken the Centennial State out of contention for expansion opportunities."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/26/Firearm-Conglomerate-Cancels-Colorado-Expansion-Because-Of-Gun-Control-Laws

T2C
08-28-13, 08:02
Outstanding! The only way to get a politician's attention is to get into their wallet. Let's hope this puts a big hurt on the anti-2nd Amendment crowd.

Miami_JBT
08-28-13, 10:44
My wife and I were planning on doing a ski trip and a hunt next year in 2014. We cancelled that and sent an email to every State Rep, State Senator, the Governor, and their Department of Commerce telling them why we cancelled and that we will spend our money else where.

Colorado is a great place but politics ruined it.

Safetyhit
08-28-13, 10:49
Colorado is a great place but politics ruined it.

It isn't the first time or place this has happened and rest assured it won't be the last.

thopkins22
08-28-13, 10:54
I'm going to Aspen this winter as I do, but in the future MT, WY, and UT will be competing for my business. It saddens me because I have great memories in that town.

Grand58742
08-28-13, 12:36
It isn't the first time or place this has happened and rest assured it won't be the last.

Here's to wishing the voters in CO will take matters into their own hands during the mid term elections next year.

I know it might not stop it from happening in other places when Bloomberg shows up with his suitcase full of cash (as he isn't the one that will pay the price), but hopefully getting tossed out on your ear by stomping on basic Constitutional Rights and watching your industrial base dwindle as a result of same will be a deterrent to those politicians before voting on new measures.

tb-av
08-28-13, 12:49
I'm pretty sure where Bloomberg is going to make his first stop. This year Terry McAuliffe will win the Governor of VA and I expect once that happens that He, Kaine and Warner will storm VA with Bloomberg's money. Cantor will pretend to be upset.

thopkins22
08-28-13, 12:52
Cantor will pretend to be upset.

Cantor is such a little twit. I truly find him nauseating on the level of Chuck Schumer.

SteyrAUG
08-28-13, 13:47
And GOOD, just like we don't need anti gun / anti freedom people working in the firearms industry, we don't need the firearms industry working in anti gun / anti freedom states.

I wonder how much revenue in the form to taxes and licensing Colt directly contributes to anti gun politicians? I know they have a long established history in Conn. and I understand heritage and tradition, but I'd love to see them bail for a free state.

bulbvivid
08-28-13, 14:09
Outstanding! The only way to get a politician's attention is to get into their wallet. Let's hope this puts a big hurt on the anti-2nd Amendment crowd.

Yep: Michael Bloomberg donates $350,000 to fight Colorado recall efforts (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23956889/colorado-supreme-court-rules-recall-election)

jpmuscle
08-28-13, 14:23
Most days when I ponder the joys of what it might be like to be a multibillionaire I always come back to the prospect of financing pro 2A projects and funneling as much money as needed towards events such as this. Just to give Bloomberg the middle finger.

Buying influence works both ways and I would seek to buy a metric shit tone of it.

But alas it is only a dream :(

Whiskey_Bravo
08-28-13, 22:02
Unfortunelty my wife and I are moving our jeeping/camping trip to another state due to colorado's crap new laws. Hopefully the people there stand up and correct their politicians mistakes.

JoshNC
08-28-13, 22:06
Unfortunelty my wife and I are moving our jeeping/camping trip to another state due to colorado's crap new laws. Hopefully the people there stand up and correct their politicians mistakes.

Make sure you contact all state reps and the governor and tell them your plans and reasons for doing so.

Big A
08-29-13, 14:05
I find funny that shortly after the law was signed I started seeing a ton of "Come and see beautiful Colorado" ads on tv when I had never seen any before. I guess those of you that had plans to visit and then canceled them are having a positive effect. :)