PDA

View Full Version : My first build...couple of questions.

Triad
04-20-08, 22:03
Going to try and build my first AR. Don't know what I am going to use it for just yet, probably lots of range time...and if it shoots well enough, maybe on duty. (California LE)

CMMG Stripped Lower
RRA A4 16" CAR Upper Flat Top
Hogue Pistol Grip
(Can't use EOTech or any nifty red dots yet so...) A Detachable Carry Handle (suggestions here too)

And I am looking for suggestions on the lower parts kit and a collapsible stock...what do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Powder Burns
04-20-08, 22:15
That RRA dominator mount is halfway between a picatinny rail and a carry handle w/ buis. I think thats a pretty decent compromise between both concepts. Find a deal on a lpk with a match trigger, like the RRA combos you can get. For a collapsible stock I'd go with magpul or vltor.

Jeffy
04-20-08, 23:06
Going to try and build my first AR. Don't know what I am going to use it for just yet, probably lots of range time...and if it shoots well enough, maybe on duty. (California LE)

CMMG Stripped Lower
RRA A4 16" CAR Upper Flat Top
Hogue Pistol Grip
(Can't use EOTech or any nifty red dots yet so...) A Detachable Carry Handle (suggestions here too)

And I am looking for suggestions on the lower parts kit and a collapsible stock...what do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

I have the same lower. I went with a RRA LPK and a RRA 2-stage Match trigger set. I didn't bother with a carry handle since I knew I was going to go with optics later on.

Stocks are very subjective. Some like the LMT SOPMOD. Others like Vltor's Emod. Then you got others who prefer Magpul's stuff.

Triad
04-20-08, 23:08
I just want something that is functional. EDIT: And will take a little abuse.

The 2 stage trigger, does that have a "lighter" trigger pull than something you'd get in a standard parts kit?

Jeffy
04-21-08, 13:32
I'm no expert when it comes to AR's so I'll defer to this excellent thread which covers most of the available 2-stage triggers.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12170