PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Exchage Theft

onado2000
08-29-13, 07:45
What is someone to do if payment is sent for item on exchange and the other party steals your money (doesnt send pkg as promised ) ? On 8/6/13 I paid $145 for pmags which never came as of 8/29/13; more than enough time to get pkg out. Thanks for any advice and or help offered. ( In all the years buying items online, this is my first time getting ripped off.) Thanks. Dan

Army Chief
08-29-13, 07:59
The first thing that you need to do is to insure that you're actually being ripped-off, and not just dealing with careless or unavoidable delays. Things happen, and sometimes packages don't go out on time; especially when you're dealing with a private citizen and not someone who makes his living selling things online.

Good communication is key, and it is here where most skirmishes begin. "I wrote to the seller, and haven't heard anything back." Happens all of the time. Again, is it that he isn't ever going to write back, or that you might just have caught him at a bad time, and/or are being unrealistic on response times? The questions are rhetorical, but as a rule, losing patience with someone is the fastest way to tank a deal and ruffle feathers. If someone is slow to pay or slow to ship, find a polite way to annotate that in iTrader after-the-fact, but don't inadvertently wander into a private war.

Assuming enough time has passed, attempts at contact have been futile and you are unable to find any other means of reaching the other party of resolving the conflict, then you can PM the Staff to see if perhaps we can reach the other member on your behalf. I suspect we may be nearing that point here, depending upon which steps you have already taken contact-wise. We do not do this as a matter of routine, but no one wants to see a good man scammed and a crook running loose in this community. Sometimes we are able to clear up these kinds of misunderstandings. Sometimes, of course, we are not.

Beyond this, it is something of a tough situation, to be honest. All we really have here to go by is our reputations, and I'm not aware of any special recourse for deals gone bad via the site itself. We can, and will, disassociate dishonorable members from the forum if/when their deeds become known, but that doesn't guarantee that any refunds will be forthcoming, since we're talking about private deals, and the site itself is serving as little more than a bulletin board.

Fortunately, very few deals really go bad. It is more likely that Party A was quick to pay and expected a similar courtesy on the other end, whereas Party B was out of town, dealing with illness or some other unexpected event, didn't see the initial contact or sat on things for some other reason that was never intended to be malicious. Frustration mounts, and people get understandably concerned, but the usual answer is patience and goodwill. Give it time, be polite, and see what can be worked out.

AC

onado2000
08-29-13, 08:49
Thankyou I appreciate your reply. FWIW I have been polite and patient, I dont want to make this public. I want to give him benefit of the doubt, but my gut says otherwise. When i emailed him in the past, he would reply with in a day or two. What bothers me is the fact that he was online here 8/27/13 but didnt reply to my emails. The last i heard from him is that I should expect delivery soon, that was last week. Thanks again for your information. Hopefully this will resolve without further issues. BTW, I paid by postal mo. and will file complaint with post office by friday. I cant tell you how reassuring it is to hear from members in regard to this issue. Thank you. Dan

johnnyrebel87
08-29-13, 09:48
I hate thieves.

It helps to always check their posts and feedback, and check other forums. Like, I have probably 30 good transactions on other forums, but none here. Always get his info before you sell, and talk to his local police.

onado2000
08-29-13, 19:16
Well I got two emails, one that says i should have them by saturday (day after tomorrow) or he would send more. I have to say he did send me a phone number which was good jesture.
In the end, I just want what i paid for, pmags, not excuses or bs. If there was a problem, " communication is key " and would help to avoid problems like this. Lets see what happens saturday.

Army Chief
08-29-13, 19:27
Well I got two emails, one that says i should have them by saturday (day after tomorrow) or he would send more. I have to say he did send me a phone number which was good jesture.
In the end, I just want what i paid for, pmags, not excuses or bs. If there was a problem, " communication is key " and would help to avoid problems like this. Lets see what happens saturday.

Good update. Hope this works out exactly as expected, and you can put the entire episode behind you shortly.

AC

Watrdawg
08-30-13, 08:52
Ask for a tracking number so you can make sure the items were shipped and when an approximate delivery date will be. Whenever I sell an item I always ship it in a way that I can provide a tracking number. I always request a tracking number for an item I have purchased. Makes things much easier that way for all parties involved

jaxman7
08-31-13, 12:58
I can be very patient in waiting for my end of the deal if it takes longer than expected. Be it payment or item but communicating with the other is absolutely key for that patience.

I always try to talk to the other fella through the process. 'Just shipped', 'Payment sent', 'Here is the tracking #', 'Bud I apologize but I couldn't make it to the post office today', all go a very long way. It shows respect for your fellow man.

-Jax

William B.
08-31-13, 13:08
I always try to talk to the other fella through the process. 'Just shipped', 'Payment sent', 'Here is the tracking #', 'Bud I apologize but I couldn't make it to the post office today', all go a very long way. It shows respect for your fellow man.

Same here. I always send a PM to update when I receive or send a payment or item and most M4C members that I dealt with did the same.

jaxman7
08-31-13, 13:30
Same here. I always send a PM to update when I receive or send a payment or item and most M4C members that I dealt with did the same.

Yeah but my FFL never got that SR15E3 w/a T-1 and PVS-14 mounted I sent you payment for William B and you never followed up! :mad: :mad:

Picking. ;)

-Jax

William B.
08-31-13, 13:49
Yeah but my FFL never got that SR15E3 w/a T-1 and PVS-14 mounted I sent you payment for William B and you never followed up! :mad: :mad:

Picking. ;)

-Jax

Dude, we're even. I sent you those boots instead. Remember?

:p

SeriousStudent
08-31-13, 14:15
Gents, I enjoy witty banter as much or more than anybody. But let's keep this thread focused on this specific deal in the EE.

Not hating on anyone, and just wishing I could get some KAC goodness by swapping some boots, myself.

Hopefully, the OP will get his mags soon, and can load them up and shoot them, the way Magpul Industries intended. :cool:

jaxman7
08-31-13, 15:18
SS,

My apologies brother.

-Jax

SteveL
08-31-13, 15:39
I can be very patient in waiting for my end of the deal if it takes longer than expected. Be it payment or item but communicating with the other is absolutely key for that patience.

-Jax

I try to do the exact same thing.