PDA

View Full Version : 'Lookin' for Micro-Galil info..

erh
04-20-08, 22:58
Who makes or has a Semi Auto version available here in the States?
(Obviously SBR is fine..)
Someone told me "Vector Arms" does, but I can't find
any real info..
Anyone have a clue?

Thanks all,

E! :D

Buck
04-21-08, 00:28
As with all things firearms related anything is possible... I believe the best way to do this...

Is to:

1) Buy a kit from micro kit Blackthorne Products (http://blackthorneproducts.com/)...

2) Buy a micro Gail receiver from ORF (http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=6438831.15897*oT7nR5&p_id=02039&xm=on&ppinc=big)...

3) Send it all off to Troy at INRANGE (http://www.inrangec2.com/)... Who can correct any minor issues and have it engraved with the correct Hebrew markings and the SBR info...

4) Complete a form 4, pay the tax, and there you have it, your in business...

Easy as pie, it only takes $$$ and desire...

B

Business_Casual
04-24-08, 21:23
The work Will at Redstick/Redjacket does gets good reviews on the AK Forum.

Here is one version: http://www.redstick-firearms.com/firearms2/Galil223Magconversion.jpg

I had him do an AKS-74 for me and I just sent him an AKM-KP kit. He answers emails and the phone pretty well but he is very busy so expect a wait for the work.

M_P

erh
04-24-08, 21:40
Thanks guy's.. Do you know if Vector DOES make/ have these already available?
I Really appreciate the info on these 2 in ANY case..!

Thanks again,

keller
05-04-08, 13:02
Check Ohio Rapid Fire, ask for Todd.

Razorhunter
05-04-08, 13:34
I've really been wanting to find a quality Galil that is readily available, or readily "buildable".
I too was thinking of buying an ORF receiver, and sending it to Troy at InRange, but I was unsure of the quality that I would get from an ORF receiver.
I also saw that ORF is selling their own version of a built up Galil (albeit a full length, and not a "Micro"), but I am unsure of the quality.
I asked around on the forums, and did some searching, and still have not to this day, found solid opinions/findings on the quality of the ORF Galils.
Anyone here care to comment on a factory direct complete ORF Galil????
How would it compare to a real IMI Galil in function, and overall quality of the weapon?
Pardon the crude comparison, but I mean, is an ORF Galil similar in quality to a Colt 6920, or is it more along the lines of a factory direct Bushmaster?

Buck
05-04-08, 15:49
is an ORF Galil similar in quality to a Colt 6920, or is it more along the lines of a factory direct Bushmaster?

IMI has quality like Colt...

ORF is a lot more lore like a Hesse or Olympic...

Just my .02... YMMV

B

erh
05-04-08, 20:56
I'd like to see that further info as well..

In the mean time.. Guys, Thank you SO much
for the various answers you've provided, and
my appologies for NOT having replied more often..!

Ross
05-05-08, 01:41
I have an ORF built Galil ARM. I'd give it "middle of the road" with IMI being "top of the line" and a Century being their usual product.

The various builders use ORF receivers, because they're pretty much the only one making receivers, so how good the parts are, and how good the build is makes much more of a difference.

My Galil works fine, takes M16 mag adaptors and Orlite mags. Some of their early receivers don't. ORF makes a Micro receiver, but I'd ask them before hand if it takes adaptors. The M16 adaptor makes the mag situation easier on you if you already own an AR-15.

I think ORF offers a Micro in either SBR or non-NFA/extension version. I'm not sure if he's using a Micro receiver, or if he's using a Micro kit build on a standard receiver. I know he sells both a Micro copy receiver and a standard receiver cut for the Micro handguard, so know what you're getting if you go with ORF.

I like my ORF and their service has been great. I'll probably buy from them again. If I were going to have one built, I'd say Inragne would probably be a first choice.