PDA

View Full Version : List of AR Manufacturers

coastwatcher42
08-29-13, 18:57
Wasn't feeling well today so I stayed home and played on the web most of the day. I came across this list of over 300 AR manufacturers. The list is still a work in progress, though, as he hasn't included all the manufacturer's links yet.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoG_U6newUeFdG1pTzB5ZzBUOHBoYWVpOUxLNmdiSUE&usp=sharing

SilverBullet432
08-29-13, 19:32
Haha, mattel is on there.

weez440
08-29-13, 20:32
wow, i had absolutely no idea that there were that many, i haven't heard of alot of them.

agr1279
08-29-13, 20:52
Good Times Outdoors is the parent company for Core15 which has changed its name to Core Rifle Systems since they have brought a 30 caliber AR platform online.

Dan

eperk
08-30-13, 06:16
You missed Bison Armory.

sugerwater
08-30-13, 06:53
I was issued a Mattel out of Fort Lenard Wood in the 70's. Can only remember the good times.

snakedoctor
08-30-13, 07:10
Didn't Loki rip off a bunch of people and go tits up?

Tzed250
08-30-13, 07:13
Shot a Mattel in the SAFS at Camp Perry.

ETA:
(Colt, with Mattel parts)

Knyghtmare
08-30-13, 07:17
Anvil Arms is on there... must be an old list...

Although there is an asterisk haha

basilhayden
08-30-13, 07:18
Good Times Outdoors is the parent company for Core15 which has changed its name to Core Rifle Systems since they have brought a 30 caliber AR platform online.

Dan

what is the general consensus of core15?

agr1279
08-30-13, 08:35
what is the general consensus of core15?

There is little love for them on M4 Carbine but they are slowly expanding. The finished product is good to go. They have started using USGI RE unless the buyer request otherwise. They make in house the upper, lower, charging handle, barrel nut and triggger gaurd if you get an oversized one. If you do the use the search function you can find several threads where they have been brought up.

Dan

montrala
08-30-13, 09:27
I went briefly over it and did not find:

Schmeisser - Germany
Luvo - Czech Republic
V-AR - Czech Republic
SPS Invictus - Italy
Uronen Precision - Finland
Armi Dallera Custom (ADC) - Italy

Those came to my mind but it still is far from being complete list.

BTW it is "Heckler and Koch" ;)

agr1279
08-30-13, 10:54
Compass Lake Engineering only does match rifles, both CMP/NRA highpower Service rifles and NRA Match rifles.

Dan

ginzomatic
08-30-13, 11:15
He missed Rebel Arms. But supposedly they're changing their name. They got some gov contract, and apparently Uncle Sam didn't want to buy from a company with "rebel" in the name.

JC0352
08-30-13, 16:06
Somebody really named their company Bohica Arms?!

Duffy
08-30-13, 16:28
Our name isn't on there yet, but we will be soon :D

Atg336
08-30-13, 16:48
This isn't "The List" made by a former member of M4C just rebranded...right?

snakedoctor
08-30-13, 17:27
Magpul doesn't manufacture AR's.

ALCOAR
08-30-13, 17:41
Magpul doesn't manufacture AR's.

The "China Doll" begs to differ :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7252/6948809744_3a053dbd55_b.jpg

snakedoctor
08-30-13, 18:42
The "China Doll" begs to differ :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7252/6948809744_3a053dbd55_b.jpg

So, I can purchase this from Magpul right now?

Hump66
08-30-13, 22:22
Didn't Loki rip off a bunch of people and go tits up?

Unfortunately, yes. Ask me how I know...bastards.

RogerinTPA
08-30-13, 22:34
The China Doll was a special limited run series built for Magpul by Noveske, which are collector's items now. I believe a few members on here have them.

M4C
08-31-13, 07:29
I was issued a Mattel out of Fort Lenard Wood in the 70's. Can only remember the good times.

Mattel never made M-16s / AR-15s

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 12:01

They did...a long time ago...I bet you that'd be a collector's peice! Though it'd definately be a NFA item as it'd be a select/full auto.

Hey guys, I'm the author of the google list. It started off as a just a list I made off the top of my head, then people started to contribute to the list. Then ROGTAC, a vendor on Firearmstalk, decided to make a contest of it and offered a little prize if we could get the list up to 200 and the game was afoot. We got the list up to 200 and the prize went out! People kept contributing and the list is over 300 now. I really not maintaining it any more that google list is open so you are free to add to it, so please do! I did stipulate to make the list, the manufacturer had to at least make a complete branded upper assembly or at least a branded stripped lower, else the list would be way too large.

Please contribute to it!

Dozer
08-31-13, 12:13
The China Doll was a special limited run series built for Magpul by Noveske, which are collector's items now. I believe a few members on here have them.

That is incorrect but thanks for trying. :cool:

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 12:14
You missed Bison Armory.

added thank you.

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 12:24
Our name isn't on there yet, but we will be soon :D

Duly Noted.......I want a BADASS Lower!

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 12:37
This isn't "The List" made by a former member of M4C just rebranded...right?

No, this is not a copy of another....here is the original thread List of AR15 manufacturers from Firearmstalk. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/list-ar15-manufacturers-65666/)

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 12:53
I went briefly over it and did not find:

Schmeisser - Germany
Luvo - Czech Republic
V-AR - Czech Republic
SPS Invictus - Italy
Uronen Precision - Finland
Armi Dallera Custom (ADC) - Italy

Those came to my mind but it still is far from being complete list.

BTW it is "Heckler and Koch" ;)

Thank you added. Those foreign companies are hard to find....how do you know about them? Are you abroad?

wetidlerjr
08-31-13, 12:57

They did...a long time ago...I bet you that'd be a collector's peice! Though it'd definately be a NFA item as it'd be a select/full auto...

No, they didn't.

coastwatcher42
08-31-13, 13:34

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/altopwescap/mattel.jpg

dash1
08-31-13, 14:02
Photoshop. Now the KFC AR is the real deal.

coastwatcher42
08-31-13, 14:12

I figured it was probably a custom lower like the ones you can get from York Arms with any type of markings you want on it. I have been toying with the idea of having a Mattel lower made for a future build. It would certainly be different.

dash1
08-31-13, 14:35
Notice how the serial numbers are the same, 9546, in both pictures. Mattel M16's is one of those urban legends that just won't die.

sugerwater
08-31-13, 15:32

Darn nice rifle, check you facts.

wetidlerjr
08-31-13, 15:56

Notice how the serial numbers are the same, 9546, in both pictures. Mattel M16's is one of those urban legends that just won't die.

Exactly! This "Mattel made an M-16." crap is something to discuss over at TOS. This site runs on verifiable facts, not childish fantasy and fairy tales.

AGENT TIKKI
08-31-13, 16:00
Shot a Mattel in the SAFS at Camp Perry.

Are these guys kidding then?

montrala
08-31-13, 16:32
Thank you added. Those foreign companies are hard to find....how do you know about them? Are you abroad?

Look on my "Location" field ;)

Those are not all from my neighborhood, just those from top of my head.

RogerinTPA
08-31-13, 16:42
That is incorrect but thanks for trying. :cool:

I stand corrected.

justin_247
08-31-13, 19:11
Are these guys kidding then?

Their memory of that time must be shot or...

Mattel never made ARs. This has been debunked in many places. Even Snopes debunked it.
http://www.snopes.com/military/m16.asp

Hump66
08-31-13, 21:33
Not trying to start a pissing contest, just genuinely curious, but why have people decided that snopes is an authority on anything? Isn't it like wiki, where anyone can post anything?

wetidlerjr
08-31-13, 21:57
Not trying to start a pissing contest, just genuinely curious, but why have people decided that snopes is an authority on anything? Isn't it like wiki, where anyone can post anything?

No, it is not.
About snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/info/aboutus.asp)

justin_247
08-31-13, 22:36
The whole "Mattel M-16" myth started with some folks who hated having polymer as a component on their rifles.

Mattel never manufactured any M-16s. Period.

Anybody who says otherwise is wrong.

curious1
09-01-13, 19:17
SOCOM Manufacturing used to make the Diamond series billet lowers.
Aboutimemachining makes lowers
LW Schneider started making lowers
American Firearms Manufacturing Co makes lowers
Continental Machine Tool made lowers with their id on them.
JV Precision Machine made some of the LBR lowers
VM HY TECK made lowers with their id on them

Tzed250
09-01-13, 21:18
The whole "Mattel M-16" myth started with some folks who hated having polymer as a component on their rifles.

Mattel never manufactured any M-16s. Period.

Anybody who says otherwise is wrong.

I don't know if Mattel ever made the metal on the rifle, but the buttstock on the M16 I used in the Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry in 1978 plainly said " Mattel Incorporated " cast into the plastic.

coastwatcher42
09-02-13, 06:21
Those foreign companies are hard to find

Gilboa - Israeli made AR

http://www.gilboa-rifle.com

http://ptisidiastima.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/gilboa-gen.jpg

Iraqgunz
09-02-13, 16:07
ONCE AGAIN. THAT PHOTO WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. MATTEL NEVER MADE M16's.

Darn nice rifle, check you facts.

Iraqgunz
09-02-13, 16:08
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever provided ANY PROOF of this at all.

I don't know if Mattel ever made the metal on the rifle, but the buttstock on the M16 I used in the Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry in 1978 plainly said " Mattel Incorporated " cast into the plastic.

BBossman
09-02-13, 16:34
ONCE AGAIN. THAT PHOTO WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. MATTEL NEVER MADE M16's.

Well, to be fair, I did have a toy M16 made by Mattel that went rat-a-tat-tat when you pulled the trigger... 40 years ago.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Tzed250
09-02-13, 16:56
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever provided ANY PROOF of this at all.

Well, I have no proof, I just have my eyewitness account. I remember thinking the rifle was kind of junky, as I was a 14 year old used to shooting a Springfield Armory M1A and an Anschütz 1413. The reason it sticks in my mind is that I had heard the weapon referred to as a "Mattel Toy", but when I saw the molded mark in the stock I realized where the name had come from.

P.S.

I am not saying Mattel made the rifle, I'm saying that they were a subcontractor that made plastic parts on the rifle. For sure it was a Colt.

I have no idea how reliable this is:

Iraqgunz
09-02-13, 17:27
Again, Colt people with a lot more knowledge than I have never seen any proof of this at all. I don't know what you saw, but Mattel never made anything for the M16.

Well, I have no proof, I just have my eyewitness account. I remember thinking the rifle was kind of junky, as I was a 14 year old used to shooting a Springfield Armory M1A and an Anschütz 1413. The reason it sticks in my mind is that I had heard the weapon referred to as a "Mattel Toy", but when I saw the molded mark in the stock I realized where the name had come from.

P.S.

I am not saying Mattel made the rifle, I'm saying that they were a subcontractor that made plastic parts on the rifle. For sure it was a Colt.

I have no idea how reliable this is:

Tzed250
09-02-13, 17:54
Again, Colt people with a lot more knowledge than I have never seen any proof of this at all. I don't know what you saw, but Mattel never made anything for the M16.

A number of people stating they saw "Mattel" on M16s.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=66299

Roklok
09-02-13, 18:07
I think the whole Mattel thing was a standing joke started back in the 60s by a lot of Vietnam vets. Remember those comments well back when I was in Nam.

justin_247
09-02-13, 20:00
I think what is happening here is that many people saw Mattel Marauders in a store, picked it up, noticed some of the similarities to the M-16, and then took note of it. This many years later, their memories have fused the two events together and they associate the toy with the actual rifle.

The Mattel Marauder says Mattel right next to where the pistol grip attaches to the lower receiver.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Guns/MattelM16MaruaderLogo.png

Tzed250
09-02-13, 20:55
I think what is happening here is that many people saw Mattel Marauders in a store, picked it up, noticed some of the similarities to the M-16, and then took note of it. This many years later, their memories have fused the two events together and they associate the toy with the actual rifle.

The Mattel Marauder says Mattel right next to where the pistol grip attaches to the lower receiver.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Guns/MattelM16MaruaderLogo.png

I've never seen a Mattel Marauder.

Iraqgunz
09-03-13, 00:04
Kind of funny how there are ZERO pictures of any of these so-called Mattel parts on real guns anywhere. Guess how many people swore they were issued a Bushmaster? Or the few guys that surface every now and again to swear they have a friend in Ranger Batt. or some other unit claiming they are using Bushmasters because they are more reliable.

Or the Army issued them during the first Gulf War because we were running out of rifles. :rolleyes:

In the last 27 years that I have been shooting, using and working on AR's I have never once seen a credible source for any of these rumors. I'm sure that there are plenty of others who will say the same.

A number of people stating they saw "Mattel" on M16s.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=66299

wetidlerjr
09-03-13, 02:05
This thread has outlived it's usefulness.

F-Trooper05
09-03-13, 02:19
This thread has outlived it's usefulness.

Actually IMO this has been one of the more entertaining threads to come about lately. I've never heard of the Mattel thing, and find the conversation pretty interesting. Much better than the "what handguard and/or magazine should I get" threads anyways.

coastwatcher42
09-03-13, 02:27
Actually IMO this has been one of the more entertaining threads to come about lately. I've never heard of the Mattel thing, and find the conversation pretty interesting. Much better than the "what handguard and/or magazine should I get" threads anyways.

When I originally posted the link to the list of manufacturers, I had NO idea that it would morph into a "Did Mattel make ARs" thread. It's been interesting though.

Tzed250
09-03-13, 04:46
Kind of funny how there are ZERO pictures of any of these so-called Mattel parts on real guns anywhere. Guess how many people swore they were issued a Bushmaster? Or the few guys that surface every now and again to swear they have a friend in Ranger Batt. or some other unit claiming they are using Bushmasters because they are more reliable.

Or the Army issued them during the first Gulf War because we were running out of rifles. :rolleyes:

In the last 27 years that I have been shooting, using and working on AR's I have never once seen a credible source for any of these rumors. I'm sure that there are plenty of others who will say the same.

It doesn't really matter. I myself have more than 40 years behind centerfire rifles, beginning with my dads AR-180 when I was 8 years old. I suppose that to you I seem like someone who has seen a UFO. That is OK. I know what I saw. I spent a whole day shooting the M-16 in question. We can agree to disagree and move forward. ;)

eperk
09-03-13, 06:11
It doesn't really matter. I myself have more than 40 years behind centerfire rifles, beginning with my dads AR-180 when I was 8 years old. I suppose that to you I seem like someone who has seen a UFO. That is OK. I know what I saw. I spent a whole day shooting the M-16 in question. We can agree to disagree and move forward. ;) Good answer.

Iraqgunz
09-03-13, 16:06
This isn't about UFO which can be very ambiguous. This is about the assertion that Mattel made parts for the M16. This is about dispelling rumors that have no factual basis and the fact that no CREDIBLE source can provide any proof at all of this.

It doesn't really matter. I myself have more than 40 years behind centerfire rifles, beginning with my dads AR-180 when I was 8 years old. I suppose that to you I seem like someone who has seen a UFO. That is OK. I know what I saw. I spent a whole day shooting the M-16 in question. We can agree to disagree and move forward. ;)

wetidlerjr
09-03-13, 16:10
This isn't about UFO which can be very ambiguous. This is about the assertion that Mattel made parts for the M16. This is about dispelling rumors that have no factual basis and the fact that no CREDIBLE source can provide any proof at all of this.
Amen!

Tzed250
09-04-13, 02:39

I could really care less how much CREDIT you want want to give me. The fact of the matter is that I state that I used an M-16 that had a Mattel logo on the plastic. Since you have not handled every M-16 ever made you cannot state definitively that what I saw did not exist. You can only state what you have seen. Anything else is hearsay. Can we drop it now?