PDA

View Full Version : I continue to lose hope in humanity.

GeorgiaBoy
08-29-13, 22:32
WTF is wrong with people? These types of cases always make my head spin. What drives people to do these kinds of things? Pure evil...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/justice/washington-torture-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Seattle-area couple is in custody for allegedly holding captive and torturing the man's 13-year-old brother for three months -- including driving a nail through the boy's hand and keeping him in a cellar for days without food, the prosecutor said Wednesday. Brandon Gunn, 27, and his wife Viviana, 34, are in the Kitsap County Jail outside Seattle on $500,000 bail each,

The Gunns duct-taped his hands and hung him from a rafter in the garage, then beat him; they also stapled his right palm with a construction stapler, heated a knife and cut him with it, according to the certificate.

Honu
08-29-13, 22:47
Yup
Recent punk raping 93 year old lady !
Those kids one up to 12 beating up a 2 year old !

Lots more sadly

SteyrAUG
08-29-13, 22:57
Eventually, as you get older, you will stop trying to have faith in anyone you don't know you can depend on. Things get much easier from there.

Mac5.56
08-29-13, 23:08
It's got to be some sort of slip in the brain chemistry that causes this kind of insanity. I always figure it's a mental disorder, religion, or drugs. When it's two or more people I always figure it's drugs or a religious cult.

SteyrAUG
08-29-13, 23:20
It's got to be some sort of slip in the brain chemistry that causes this kind of insanity. I always figure it's a mental disorder, religion, or drugs. When it's two or more people I always figure it's drugs or a religious cult.

After decades of careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that some people are just ****ed up. They can be entirely lucid, pass any basic intelligence / comprehension test, answer questions about morality / right and wrong all day long and still be the most reprehensible thing you've ever heard of.

Dennis Rader comes to mind.

Four years in the Air Force, college graduate, married with two kids, employed, active member of his church and a cub scout leader. Yet one of the worst of the worst.

_Stormin_
08-30-13, 00:14
There have always been bad people... We simply have a more efficient news cycle. You hear about it faster and more. That said, there a reason capital punishment exists. It may not be a majority opinion, but I feel that it's far to uncommon.

Miami_JBT
08-30-13, 07:59
There have always been bad people... We simply have a more efficient news cycle. You hear about it faster and more. That said, there a reason capital punishment exists. It may not be a majority opinion, but I feel that it's far to uncommon.

Bingo. These nutjobs have always existed; it just that we do have a better news and a 24 hour news cycle. Since that is the case more is reported to fill airtime. Before that, most news was local and folks did not hear about what happened in a neighboring county let alone a neighboring state.

As for these sick ####wads I suggest launching them to the sun out of a cannon.

sewvacman
08-30-13, 08:08
After decades of careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that some people are just ****ed up. They can be entirely lucid, pass any basic intelligence / comprehension test, answer questions about morality / right and wrong all day long and still be the most reprehensible thing you've ever heard of.

These people have no sense (common or otherwise) and have been out breeding us forever. It will only get worse as the population increases IMO.

montanadave
08-30-13, 08:17
Frankly, with 7 billion people on the planet and a news (I use the term loosely) machine that is grinding 24/7 to capture the attention of a market with the attention span of a gnat and a thirst for the bloody & bizarre, I'm surprised we don't see more of this kind of crap.

Sociopaths have always walked amongst us. There's just more us. And we seem to revel in their depravity. I sometimes wonder if that doesn't say more about us supposedly "normal" folk than it does about them. There's a reason they do what they do. As Steyr noted above, they're simply ****ed up. They're defective; there's something haywire.

What's our excuse?

T2C
08-30-13, 08:21

Regardless of cause the solution to the problem is simple. A single application of high voltage corrects any defects a person may have and guarantees they will not be a repeat offender.

austinN4
08-30-13, 08:23
I continue to lose hope in humanity.

Is your hope for humanity glass half full or half empty?

Let's say you read or hear 1 such news story per day? No let's say 5 per day about people in the US - 5 per day X 365 = that is 1,825 stories about really low lowlifes per year.

Now compare that number to the population of the US, who are mostly very good, honest, hardworking people that you never read or hear about. It is a really, really small percentage isn't it?

As Stormin said
There have always been bad people... We simply have a more efficient news cycle. You hear about it faster and more.

skydivr
08-30-13, 09:29
Yet, it seems there's always SOMEONE who feels more sympathy for the perpetrator than the victim. Always some 'excuse'. And we continue to fill up the prisons at an enormous expense. Yep, there is capital punishment for a REASON, and it's not being used effectively, therefore is not a deterrent nor punishment.

rocsteady
08-30-13, 09:37
As for these sick ####wads I suggest launching them to the sun out of a cannon.

This is a good idea^^

The other thought would be a nice shooting range with some of these pure evil people as moving targets. It's all about killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

Seriously though, I agree some people just have to be wired wrong in order to do the things they do. And even if they are such a small portion of society, it just reinforces why I carry EVERYWHERE I go and why we should fight so hard to retain the right to do so.