PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Prices?!

OneAsterisks
08-30-13, 00:03
So, call me crazy but why are barrels still extremely hard to find, especially at a good price. Sub $220. During the craziness I got better deals than now. All I am missing is a barrel for my wifes build and I am going nuts...Am I missing something?

Looking for either a 14.5/7 or 16 Carbine, Chrome Lined 1x7...

Zane1844
08-30-13, 00:28
BCM has these, if $240 is not too expensive:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-14-5-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Barrel-Stripped-p/bcm-brl-car%2014lw%20%20std.htm

ABNAK
08-30-13, 02:33
BCM has these, if $240 is not too expensive:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-14-5-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Barrel-Stripped-p/bcm-brl-car%2014lw%20%20std.htm

Yeah, that seems to be a trend now. Complete barrels are getting harder to come by. Stripped is becoming the norm, if they're even in stock. I suspect two reasons: either A) the companies want you to buy the more expensive complete upper groups or B) they are using the complete barrels for said upper groups.

It's kind of a PIA when buying a stripped barrel (unless you have a mill, taper bit, and jig). Gotta buy the FSB, taper pins, barrel nut, delta ring assembly, and handguard cap. Then, off to ADCO or similar for the work. I know, I'm in the middle of it for a stripped M16A1 barrel right now.

OneAsterisks
08-30-13, 03:05
If rainier arms ever got their barrels back in I wouldnt complain as much. It seems for what "I" think is normal for a barrel I definately am not getting what I want.

dan.p
08-30-13, 09:12
Yeah, that seems to be a trend now. Complete barrels are getting harder to come by. Stripped is becoming the norm, if they're even in stock. I suspect two reasons: either A) the companies want you to buy the more expensive complete upper groups or B) they are using the complete barrels for said upper groups.

It's kind of a PIA when buying a stripped barrel (unless you have a mill, taper bit, and jig). Gotta buy the FSB, taper pins, barrel nut, delta ring assembly, and handguard cap. Then, off to ADCO or similar for the work. I know, I'm in the middle of it for a stripped M16A1 barrel right now.

I imagine it is because most people would rather buy a stripped barrel and decide how they want to install it and build it up rather than having to buy a bunch of pieces they're going to toss when they install something else.

I would never want to pay for a barrel nut and a delta ring if I'm going to install someone else's freefloat handguards.

It makes more sense for everyone to buy only the parts you need as you need them.

lowbar
09-09-13, 02:56
I considering building and upper. But, when you break down the individual parts (especially the barrel), its not really worth wild to build. The savings are slim to none. I would rather have a factory built upper personally.

Col_Crocs
09-09-13, 04:01
^^ building is about getting the exact parts you want/need, in the exact config you want/need. Not everyone's preferred configs are available in a factory built package. Remember, when you build, you need to invest in tools and jigs or need to send stuff out for assembly so it's not always about saving.

Boba Fett v2
09-09-13, 19:49
I recently scored an 11.5" Noveske barrel from Ops Parts. I think I got the last one though. It was "out of stock" after I placed my order. My other alternative was to go the BCM route, who seems to have a few stripped barrels in stock at various lengths at any given time.

lowbar
09-09-13, 20:30
^^ building is about getting the exact parts you want/need, in the exact config you want/need. Not everyone's preferred configs are available in a factory built package. Remember, when you build, you need to invest in tools and jigs or need to send stuff out for assembly so it's not always about saving.

Agreed. But from a cost perspective does not make sense. I could have gotten just about any set up, but decided to go the full factory upper route from BCM. To each their own, as long as they get there in the end.

TurretGunner
09-11-13, 12:47
There are plenty of barrels out there, You just need to look

Check out PK firearms and JSE, PSA, AIM, Brownells, AR Performance, ect

A quality 14.5/16", chrome lined 1:7 is going to cost.

Thats like saying you want to buy a brand new Porshe off the showroom floor for $25K.

moabman
09-11-13, 14:21
I recently scored an 11.5" Noveske barrel from Ops Parts. I think I got the last one though. It was "out of stock" after I placed my order. My other alternative was to go the BCM route, who seems to have a few stripped barrels in stock at various lengths at any given time.

Do you have a link for ops parts? I could not find anything.

bp7178
09-11-13, 15:33
http://www.operationparts.com/

I hope the OP and others get to buy all the $200 barrels they want.

Leaves the nice stuff for the rest of us.

GUNSLINGER733
09-11-13, 15:34
Barrels aren't hard to find. Check out Primary arms they have Daniel Defense with or w/o gas block, delta ring, etc. Spikes(FN) Barrels.

BCM has almost all their barrels available.

Ranier has a good selection

ROG Tactical has a lot of Noveske stuff

Midwayusa has som DD barrels.

and all these places basicaly have from 10.5"-18" in stock

GUNSLINGER733
09-11-13, 15:38
btw BCM standard barrels are $239.95, DD start at $279.95 for CHF barrel. Google is an amazing thing if you use it. I highly doubt you bought a NEW Quality barrel for less than $230-240. Most likely a sub-standard pos that will last 2-3000 rounds

HuntingTime
09-14-13, 23:50
I have seen a few 5.56 barrels under $200. Even one with a 1:7 twist. Don't remember all the specs off hand.