PDA

View Full Version : Who can cut off and re-pin a muzzle device?

BBS
08-30-13, 14:55
Any vendors on the site offer this service? (Want to support vendors whenever possible.) Need a dynacomp cut off and a surefire muzzle brake pinned/welded back on.

danpass
08-30-13, 15:25
ADCO is likely you're best bet.

Costs + $25-$30 for the roundtrip ticket.

ABNAK
08-30-13, 15:27
As stated above, ADCO is your best bet. They do great work.

223to45
08-30-13, 17:14
ADCO says they don't save your old one, it will be destoryed .

If you are ok with that, then ADCO.

snakedoctor
08-30-13, 17:25
Contact Weapon Outfitters or Rainier Arms

Todd.K
08-30-13, 19:08
ADCO says they don't save your old one, it will be destoryed .

If you are ok with that, then ADCO.

It's the safest way to make sure the barrel threads are not damaged. Unless you want to chance needing a new barrel I see it as part of the cost of choosing a pinned 14.5".

jpaul
09-01-13, 18:48
Nefarious Arms has done this for me a few months ago. Price & turn around were both reasonable. Finished product looked excellent.

Dead Man
09-01-13, 19:13
It's the safest way to make sure the barrel threads are not damaged. Unless you want to chance needing a new barrel I see it as part of the cost of choosing a pinned 14.5".

Using what method?

danpass
09-01-13, 20:18

BBS
09-03-13, 07:52
It's the safest way to make sure the barrel threads are not damaged. Unless you want to chance needing a new barrel I see it as part of the cost of choosing a pinned 14.5".I was going to assume that dynacomp would be fubar'ed. Looks like I'll be contacting adco! Thanks fellows

Ryno12
09-03-13, 08:56
I've removed welded, blind pins on other pieces of equipment before but not on muzzle comps. You can attempt it yourself it just depends on how handy you are & if you have access to the right tools.
I used a dynafile to remove the weld, then drilled a pilot hole in the pin until the pin broke loose & spun. I then very lightly tapped a screw extractor into the pin & backed it out. I realize the pin is quite small on the comp & I'm also not sure how deep the weld is either. If the weld is somewhat shallow, the comp may be reusable. Just don't attempt to unthread it until the pin is removed.
The pins I removed were about 1/4" in diameter so I was working on a much larger object, which made it fairly easy. I think it's possible on the comp but it will take some patients & a little dexterity.

Anyway, just an idea.

Sent via Tapatalk

Dead Man
09-03-13, 11:05
I've removed welded, blind pins on other pieces of equipment before but not on muzzle comps. You can attempt it yourself it just depends on how handy you are & if you have access to the right tools.
I used a dynafile to remove the weld, then drilled a pilot hole in the pin until the pin broke loose & spun. I then very lightly tapped a screw extractor into the pin & backed it out. I realize the pin is quite small on the comp & I'm also not sure how deep the weld is either. If the weld is somewhat shallow, the comp may be reusable. Just don't attempt to unthread it until the pin is removed.
The pins I removed were about 1/4" in diameter so I was working on a much larger object, which made it fairly easy. I think it's possible on the comp but it will take some patients & a little dexterity.

Anyway, just an idea.

Sent via Tapatalk

The same, but easier.. Bore the weld with a 9/64" drill to a depth of around half the thickness of the sleeve, check the piece for the tell-tale circle of a loose pin, and twist off. No damage to the barrel, minimal damage to the device, and what damage is done can be repaired in a flash when the device gets welded back on.

Ryno12
09-03-13, 11:41
The same, but easier.. Bore the weld with a 9/64" drill to a depth of around half the thickness of the sleeve, check the piece for the tell-tale circle of a loose pin, and twist off. No damage to the barrel, minimal damage to the device, and what damage is done can be repaired in a flash when the device gets welded back on.

Yep, that'll work too. Just gotta make sure you're relatively close to centered.

Sent via Tapatalk

gman556
09-07-13, 10:19
Yep, that'll work too. Just gotta make sure you're relatively close to centered.

Sent via Tapatalk

This is what I did, and it went without a hitch.