PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Daniel Defense ISR

noliver
08-30-13, 20:17
I am very interested in purchasing the ISR. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular firearm. I do know that this limits me to having a suppressor fit for only one gun. However I am only interested in shooting subsonic with the blackout anyway.I do know that Daniel Defense produces very good quality firearms however I'm not sure the price is worth it. Any thoughts, opinions or experience is greatly appreciated.

thehun
08-30-13, 23:22
I'd love it more if it was available in 5.56

noliver
08-30-13, 23:24
I have thought the very same thing. Lol

Redbeardsong
08-31-13, 22:47
I've spent some trigger time with a select fire model of the ISR, and it's a very fun gun! Start reloading, if you don't already, because finding .300BLK ammo ain't easy.

You could also get Daniel Defense's 300 Blackout 10.3" SBR or AAC 9" MPW and run a 762SDN-6. Similar performance, more flexibility, possibly less money. But also less cool factor.

noliver
08-31-13, 23:07
I do reload so that won't be a problem. I have already been debating your suggestions from above but the cool factor is a plus. Lol what groups were you getting with that ISR? How well does the suppressor work? Is it as good as a surefire?

Redbeardsong
09-01-13, 08:11
Groups? No Idea. I was shooting full auto at steel from 50 yards! :) In my experience shooting DD's, they've all been more accurate than I am, and their 10.3" MK18s are well regarded as tack drivers.

I've shot the ISR and the 10.3 with a 762SDN6 and they both worked nicely. I couldn't tell you which was quieter.

One nice thing about the ISR is that you can remove the baffle core of the suppressor for cleaning.

noliver
09-01-13, 08:13
Full auto........ lucky you!!! Lol