PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 variants

Slater
08-31-13, 18:41
Several other folks have mentioned the Colt 6920/M4's that are sold by Wal-Mart. They include (at least in my local stores), the basic 6920, the Magpul edition, and the railed-out SOCOM style.

I've got my eye on the version with Magpul furniture, admittedly because I thought it looked sharp and it's not quite as spendy as the SOCOM one.

Does anyone know if the BUIS on this version are also Magpul manufacture? In the glass case they kind of all look similar.

SteveL
08-31-13, 18:44
I'm pretty sure the Magpul MOE 6920 includes the Magpul MBUS rear sight but not the front. The front is a standard pinned FSP.

Slater
08-31-13, 19:00
Thanks. Assuming this store does layaway on firearms, I'm looking at my first M4-type weapon. It feels like a feather compared to my 20-inch barrel HBAR.

Split66
08-31-13, 19:34
The Magpul has the Magpul MBUS and the SOCOM has the Matech buis.

Good luck with your Colt, it's a good deal.

Aaron_B
08-31-13, 19:55
Pretty sure walmart doesn't do layaway on firearms, at least the ones by me do not.

Thanks. Assuming this store does layaway on firearms, I'm looking at my first M4-type weapon. It feels like a feather compared to my 20-inch barrel HBAR.

BH321
08-31-13, 20:31

As a FORMER Walmart employee I can tell you that layaway is no longer available at Walmart retail stores except during the holiday shopping period between September and December.

Abraham
09-01-13, 10:39
"BUIS on this version are also Magpul manufacture"

Yes, though I had to pull mine off to accommodate my 1-4X Mueller Speed Shot illuminated RDS - which for me isn't a problem as I can't shoot iron sights anymore.

filthy phil
09-01-13, 12:10
Pretty sure walmart doesn't do layaway on firearms, at least the ones by me do not.

They did last xmas and I bet will this yr too.

Archer1440
09-01-13, 13:51
The Magpul has the Magpul MBUS and the SOCOM has the Matech buis.

Good luck with your Colt, it's a good deal.

It's noteworthy that the LESOCOM also has the M4A1 heavy barrel under the handguards and the H2 buffer. A different feel from the standard 6920, but in my opinion not worth the weight penalty. We are not using this in auto mode after all.

Of course if one MUST have the heavy bbl, this isn't a bad way to get one- and the distinctive M4A1 rollmark may be of value to some as well.

The ambi selector is quite nice as well.

Slater
09-01-13, 15:57
I've heard speculation that eventually all 6920/M4 variants will have the heavy barrel. Don't know how accurate that is.

Safetyhit
09-01-13, 17:09
As a FORMER Walmart employee I can tell you that layaway is no longer available at Walmart retail stores except during the holiday shopping period between September and December.

Fortunately for the OP it is September 1st so he may have a shot, just call the local store and check what their timeline is. Hope it works out and glad to see that at least some if not most Walmarts still carry firearms let alone AR's.

Airhasz
09-01-13, 17:18
It's noteworthy that the LESOCOM also has the M4A1 heavy barrel under the handguards and the H2 buffer. A different feel from the standard 6920, but in my opinion not worth the weight penalty. We are not using this in auto mode after all.

Of course if one MUST have the heavy bbl, this isn't a bad way to get one- and the distinctive M4A1 rollmark may be of value to some as well.

The ambi selector is quite nice as well.

OOPS, You forgot the Knights Armament Company M4 RAS.

vicdoc
09-01-13, 23:43
Several other folks have mentioned the Colt 6920/M4's that are sold by Wal-Mart. They include (at least in my local stores), the basic 6920, the Magpul edition, and the railed-out SOCOM style.

I've got my eye on the version with Magpul furniture, admittedly because I thought it looked sharp and it's not quite as spendy as the SOCOM one.

Does anyone know if the BUIS on this version are also Magpul manufacture? In the glass case they kind of all look similar.
Nothing much to add but I really like my Walmart 6920 Magpul rifle. It works great, even my reloads go bang with reliability. I did change out the furniture for various reasons... a bit of a mish mash...
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/faldoc/US%20Military/IMG_2615_zpsfc33e7a8.jpg

Archer1440
09-02-13, 01:34

True, I didn't mention it. I have one on my 6920, a "blem" $150 item that has no visible blems.

Locally the LESOCOMs on the shelves are selling for a $500 premium vs the 6920 with Magpul BUIS, and standard handguards. Ambi safety, H2 buffer, Knight's RAS, Matech BUIS add up to considerably more as standalone purchases- not to mention the heavy barrel- so it can be looked at as a decent value- IF those are the items you want.

monadh
09-03-13, 03:49
Colt lists the weight of the SOCOM with its "heavy" barrel to be 7 lbs and the other 6920 rifles with the lighter profile to be 6.9. I don't know how accurate that is, but whatever the weight penalty of the heavy barrel, it shoots like nobody's business. I love mine.

Iraqgunz
09-03-13, 03:59
You should try the Mossie Tactics Midnight Mount for the light. It works great on carbines.

Nothing much to add but I really like my Walmart 6920 Magpul rifle. It works great, even my reloads go bang with reliability. I did change out the furniture for various reasons... a bit of a mish mash...
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/faldoc/US%20Military/IMG_2615_zpsfc33e7a8.jpg

filthy phil
09-15-13, 10:12
Walmart tomball Tx, has the magpul 6920 for $1167 as well as dpms and windham.
can layaway now till mid dec for 10% down.
can cancel and lose only $10

tinkerer
09-15-13, 13:15

New production LE6920SOCOM rifles no longer have the KAC M4 RAS. They come with a Troy rail.

filthy phil
09-15-13, 16:44
Copes had ras demos for $50
idk if theyre still avail.

Icopy1
09-19-13, 10:28
I purchased my Socom earlier this year for slightly less than what Wally World is advertising. I like the M4A1 Carbine roll mark and the ambi-safety. It is noticably heavier than my standard 6920 (Law Enforcement Carbine).