PDA

View Full Version : Worthy Retailers

OneAsterisks
09-02-13, 00:40
Hopefully placed in the correct section, if not please move and my apologies.

What are some retailers you have purchased from and have the combination of good service and deals?

I usually stalk the ones below..

-Rainier Arms
-Palmetto
-Primary Arms
-Dsgarms
-Skdtac

Any other places worthy of stalking?

jdk32581
09-02-13, 00:59
I like joe bob outfitters. Great prices and shipping

lunchbox
09-02-13, 01:19
G&R Tactical
Red State
Aim Surplus
*edit* optactical

SkiDevil
09-02-13, 01:51
Bravo Co. USA
Rifle Gear
Ranier
G&R
Noveske
American Defense Manufacturing (ADM)
SKD Tactical

thopkins22
09-02-13, 02:02
G&R Tactical
Bravo Company
SKD Tactical(go to source for anything nylon)
Power Factor Shooting(competition stuff)
Rainier Arms
DSG Arms
Mission Ready Equipment
Brownells
K-VAR(AK stuff)

No particular order...but if I need it, chances are they have it and will take care of me.

ammoseek.com for ammunition.

coastwatcher42
09-02-13, 06:43
The ones I usually deal with have all been mentioned but Smith Enterprise is a good go-to if you have a M1A/M14. They also make the Vortex flash suppressor for the AR.

http://www.smithenterprise.com

horseman234
09-02-13, 06:50
In addition to the above, I have received excellent customer service from:

ROG Tactical
Weapons Outfitters
Midway USA

.46caliber
09-02-13, 07:41
Most of the ones I use have been covered.

Add Grafs.com for reloading supplies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

justin_247
09-02-13, 12:17
Bravo Company
Rainier Arms
Operation Parts
Brownells
G&R Tactical
SKD Tactical
Red State Tactical
Specialized Armament Warehouse
LaRue Tactical
AIM Surplus
Clyde Armory
Gun Gallery Jax
Weapon Outfitters
DSG Arms

SeriousStudent
09-02-13, 13:02

What are some retailers you have purchased from and have the combination of good service and deals?

I'd look at the top of the page, at the M4C forum sponsors. They pay the bills that keep the lights on here.

I've ordered from most of them, and have received good service. Plus, you are helping support the resource that provides you useful information.

Win-win. :D

Abraham
09-02-13, 14:35
Graf and Sons

Some time back, locally I couldn't find any FMJ 17 cal HMR rounds. They're were plenty of the ballistic tipped available, but FMJ's were impossible to find.

Graf and Sons had them, at a reasonable price, shipped with no problems and were very courteous.

cctroupe11
09-02-13, 14:44
Not sure if you're military or law enforcement, but if so:

Leupold puts out an awesome discount on their tactical line...it's nearly half MSRP and the only direct purchasing you can do through them other than their custom shop, according to the rep I talked to. Their shipping was fast too...they estimated it could take up to 8 weeks for delivery...it took about a week.

Daniel Defense
Brownells
Bravo Company USA
Midway USA
Knight's Armament Co.
Spike's Tactical
OpticsPlanet

I've had great service from all of these. Nearly all, except Midway, I believe, give LE/Mil Discounts. FRAGO: Midway does, but it's unit bulk discounts, no individual.

BTW, if I can recommend a brick and mortar retailer, Jerry's Sport Shop in Ambrose, GA. Small town dealer, awesome selection, and if they don't have it, they'll get it. They're the only dealer in my home area that did not raise prices and rip people off during the whole "gun ban scare" deal. I also know the owner and employees personally. They're great people.

ScatmanCrothers
09-02-13, 15:50
I'll add two newcomers to the list,

Tier One Arms (free shipping a plus)
Stonefire Arms

They don't have overly large inventories, but I've had several good finds at both with quality CS. Worthy of a browse every once in a while.

Chameleox
09-02-13, 16:23
I'd look at the top of the page, at the M4C forum sponsors. They pay the bills that keep the lights on here.

I've ordered from most of them, and have received good service. Plus, you are helping support the resource that provides you useful information.

If they're up there, they're likely GTG.
Of the ones up top, I've worked directly with:
Brownells
TNVC
Blue Force
Vortex (at their showroom)
BCM, and
SKD
All positive experiences both in terms of shopping and expertise.

For the most part, my gear needs are met by SKD, BCM, OPTactical, and Grey Group's Online Pro-shop (http://store.greygrouptraining.com/).

TXBK
09-02-13, 16:31

^ This!! The top of the page is your one-stop spot for finding reputable dealers. That is where I found most of the dealers that I have used. If you are looking for something specific, always check out the manufacturer's website. I do this to check prices, and sometimes find items that are out of stock everywhere else. I have received nothing but stellar service from any of the site sponsors that I have used. Your list is good to go, and all of the others that have been mentioned are as well.

Guilty
09-02-13, 16:40
I took up reloading last year and have experienced great customer service along with reasonable prices from several vendors, here are a few of them...
Graf & Sons
Powder Valley
Giraud Tool Company
Mid South Shooters Supply
Montana Gold Bullet
Third Generation Shooting Supply
Natchez Shooters Supplies
MidwayUSA
Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply
Shooter’s Pro Shop
Brownells/Sinclair
Palmetto State Armory

MistWolf
09-03-13, 00:18
Rainier Arms, Washington- Always friendly, will give advice when asked, will cheerfully sell you what you want

Palmetto State Armory- Good prices and gave me good customer service when I had a problem with an upper. Slow delivery

Surplus Ammo and Arms, Washington- Sometime you gotta watch out for Bubba but they had good stock and good prices on ammo

Lynnwood Guns, Lynnwood Washington- Old school friendly neighborhood gunshop. When Randy didn't have a PPQ in stock, he offered to order one from his distributor just so I could look at it. Didn't even ask me to commit to buying it. Real nice guy to deal with

Kent's, Ogden Utah- Friendly people, good prices, cool stock. They also sell bicycles

Quantum Guns, Spanish Fork Utah- Pat is real friendly and it's a cool place just to go and hang out. I get treated very well there

Mr Elbowseed
09-03-13, 00:40
Bravo Company
G&R
Have always been good to me.
Most recent order was a offset G2X Mount from Gear Sector was impressed bye them greatly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

NYH1
09-03-13, 00:53
Bravo Company USA.
G&R Tactical
Impact Weapons Components.
Glockmeister.
Glockparts.com
MidwayUSA. from time to time.
Ammo To Go.

OneAsterisks
09-03-13, 01:05
Anyone offering a LE discount is even better!

Abraham
09-03-13, 13:37
ScatmanCrothers ,

I navigated to Tier One Arms and found if I wanted to access their site I'd have to join Facebook.

Do I have that right?

If so, I'll have to pass on doing business as I'll never be part of Facebook.

advan031
09-03-13, 15:34
Rogtac
SKDtac
G&R Tactical
Rainier Arms
Primary Arms
Riflegear
Raven Concealment
Battle Arms Development
Cabelas
Palmetto State Armory
Joe Bob Outfitters

Army Chief
09-03-13, 16:33
Be very careful with Rainier Arms. A lot of people have reported having their credit card numbers stolen after buying things from their website.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=127282

Rainier Arms knows about it. But they usually delete the posts when someone says something about it on their ar15.com industry forum.

Joe Mamma

Not a fair assessment, and not likely improve any by citing third-party sources that are now several weeks old in most cases. Clearly, there were technical discrepancies and patterns noted. The evidence to date suggests that these were entirely outside of Rainier Arms' direct control, and it is my understanding that appropriate actions have been taken.

Most of the related threads I've seen elsewhere are fairly thin on actual fact, and pretty long on supposition and "piling on." Yes, something happened, and yes, it was/is something to take seriously, but the all-too-predictable input from the otherwise uninvolved has made it difficult to separate rumors from facts.

If you have concerns about placing an order, ask Rainier Arms what has been done to protect your credit. They are stand-up guys with a solid reputation for customer service and integrity. Let's not start down the conspiracy and cover-up path here based upon things we heard or read elsewhere.

AC

KLR_Redux
09-03-13, 20:29
CMC Government Supply
Brownells
G&R Tactical
BCM
LA Police Gear

Tzook
09-03-13, 20:32
It's not a well known retailer, but JoeBob Outfitters is top notch. Always fair prices and great service. I highly reccomend doing business with them. LaRue and SKD are my two other favorite places to purchase from

Wake27
09-03-13, 20:33
Not sure if you're military or law enforcement, but if so:

Leupold puts out an awesome discount on their tactical line...it's nearly half MSRP and the only direct purchasing you can do through them other than their custom shop, according to the rep I talked to. Their shipping was fast too...they estimated it could take up to 8 weeks for delivery...it took about a week.

Daniel Defense
Brownells
Bravo Company USA
Midway USA
Knight's Armament Co.
Spike's Tactical
OpticsPlanet

I've had great service from all of these. Nearly all, except Midway, I believe, give LE/Mil Discounts. FRAGO: Midway does, but it's unit bulk discounts, no individual.

BTW, if I can recommend a brick and mortar retailer, Jerry's Sport Shop in Ambrose, GA. Small town dealer, awesome selection, and if they don't have it, they'll get it. They're the only dealer in my home area that did not raise prices and rip people off during the whole "gun ban scare" deal. I also know the owner and employees personally. They're great people.

Unless something has changed, BCM doesn't offer a military discount. Instead they donate a portion of their proceeds to wounded warrior. Not a criticism, just clarifying. DSG Arms' discount is pretty substantial.

ScatmanCrothers
09-03-13, 21:54
ScatmanCrothers ,

I navigated to Tier One Arms and found if I wanted to access their site I'd have to join Facebook.

Do I have that right?

If so, I'll have to pass on doing business as I'll never be part of Facebook.

I'm guessing you clicked on their facebook page link. I don't facebook and have never been prompted to join to view their site. Here:

http://www.tieronearms.com/

Auto426
09-03-13, 22:07
I'll second the poster that mentioned AIM Surplus. Their selection is somewhat limited, but they have great prices on what they do sell and fast shipping.

Captain D
09-03-13, 23:33
Atlantic tactical offers good discounts for LE............

PhoPoweR
09-04-13, 02:25
Rainier Arms
ROG Tac
SKD Tac
G&R Tac
Weapon Outfitters

Abraham
09-04-13, 11:47
ScatmanCrothers,

Thank you for the link.

texasmarine022003