PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms C4 vs KAC URX 3.1

Vegas
09-02-13, 03:58
Hey all,

I'm interested in hearing opinions on Centurion Arms C4 12.0 vs KAC URX 3.1 13.5 rail. I am switching out the DD Omega X 9.0 and FSB on my upper to get a longer rail/sight radius and these are the two I have narrowed it down to that fit my budget. I'll be using a BCM lo pro gas block. I'm assuming there are no issues with fit for this gas block on either of these rails? A professional will be doing the install so ease of install is not a factor.

Thanks.

Cylinder Head
09-02-13, 10:02
I can't speak to the Centurion but I have heard good things. I have a URX 3.1 13.5" and it is a top quality piece. I will be buying more in the future.

uffdaphil
09-02-13, 10:33
I like both brands, but the C4 is a little too wide for my short fingers. The CMR feels perfect.

The URX3 is one of my favorites and unlike some I prefer the integrated flip front sight. It's protected, looks clean and will seldom be used on the 18" SPR clone. Not sure of other differences w/3.1

F-Trooper05
09-02-13, 12:17
What all do you plan on putting on your gun? If you're running with a light, VFG, PEQ-15, etc., the C4 is probably the way to go. If all you need is a light, the URX 3.1 is hard to beat IMHO.

09-02-13, 13:10
Have both. Prefer the URX 3.1.

Vegas
09-02-13, 17:48
I like both brands, but the C4 is a little too wide for my short fingers. The CMR feels perfect.

The width could be a factor. That was one of the things that made me chose the Omega X initially.

What all do you plan on putting on your gun? If you're running with a light, VFG, PEQ-15, etc., the C4 is probably the way to go. If all you need is a light, the URX 3.1 is hard to beat IMHO.

I would probably use the KAC accessory kit for the hand stop and a light and thats it. I am leaning towards the KAC rail right now because of the extra length. It's going to be paired with a pinned 14.5 barrel.

Thanks for the input guys.

Boba Fett v2
09-02-13, 19:33
I really like the URX 3.1 rail. Lightweight, slim profile, ergonomic, just enough rail space and aesthetically appealing. Can't ask for much else.

gman556
09-02-13, 19:49
I have 2 Centurion rails on both my ar's and am very happy with them.

I really like the look of the KAC's though.

I would love to try one, but my brass catcher attaches right over the barrel nut area on the side ahead of the ejection port, and it looks like the KAC urx don't have any rail way back there.

This was the main reason I went with these rails.

Are the KAC URX's any lighter than the C4's?

Jeffro2912
09-02-13, 20:46
I have the C4 on my rifle and love it, BUT I really like the look of the URX and the ability to add and subtract rails. Since you are having it installed and don't have to deal with getting a URX wrench, the URX would get my vote.