PDA

View Full Version : Squibington Begins Shipping UMC Brand Subsonic 300 BLK

30 cal slut
09-02-13, 07:14
:happy:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/foghorn/remington-begins-shipping-umc-brand-subsonic-300-blk/

Remington has been shipping subsonic 300 AAC Blackout ammunition in their Express Rifle branding with a fairly high price tag and a relatively low rate of production. Now comes the news that Big Green has shifted production over to their high-volume and lower-price UMC brand of ammunition, offering a 220 grain OTM projectile designed for subsonic flight in a 300 Blackout gun. The rounds are shipping to distributors now, 20 rounds per box, 200 per case, with a projected street price of around $17.99/20 rounds. For comparison, the previous Express Rifle run of ammo was somewhere between $19 and $24 per 20 rounds and disappeared quickly. Look for the UMC to do the same.

J Krammes
09-02-13, 09:12
Good to hear, but I want standard velocity...

scottryan
09-02-13, 10:05
What exactly is the difference between this UMC and the yellow/green box stuff?

rsilvers
09-02-13, 11:27
What exactly is the difference between this UMC and the yellow/green box stuff?

Custom Remington flat base OTM bullet with cannelure and longer ogive to fit the magazine instead of Sierra 220 bullet. Extruded powder with improved velocity deviation. I think it is quieter also but don't have proof of that because it is hard to get them the same exact velocity to compare. But I think people will come to find that it is 2-3 dB quieter.

Still has hard double-struck brass, which is more like 5.56mm NATO than 223 brass (I don't think any other brand at any price does this because it ads to the manufacturing costs).

Still has visible annealing (a few people call this "dirty" brass but it clean but purposely not highly polished which reduces bullet pull and removes the annealing marks).

Still has waterproof primers.

nml
09-02-13, 20:32
Agree J Krammes... need some 115 gr UMC shipping out