PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare: Longshoreman End Longtime Relationship With AFL/CIO....

Denali
09-02-13, 12:21
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/01/Citing-Obamacare-40-000-Longshoremen-Quit-the-AFL-CIO

In what is being reported as a surprise move, the 40,000 members of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) announced that they have formally ended their association with the AFL-CIO, one of the nation's largest private sector unions. The Longshoremen citied Obamacare and immigration reform as two important causes of their disaffiliation.

And there it is, rats deserting a fast sinking ship....Note: the longshoreman were also not pleased with the "purportedly" limited scope of amnesty!

NWPilgrim
09-02-13, 12:32
The way I read the article the Longshoremen did not think the AFL-CIO was liberal enough. Did not like to pay the Obamacare tax for cadillac health insurance like other citizens, and wanted amnesty for immigrants with low wage jobs.

The FAIL level of AFL-CIO was not high enough for them!

Denali
09-02-13, 13:53
The way I read the article the Longshoremen did not think the AFL-CIO was liberal enough. Did not like to pay the Obamacare tax for cadillac health insurance like other citizens, and wanted amnesty for immigrants with low wage jobs.

The FAIL level of AFL-CIO was not high enough for them!

Precisely...

yellowfin
09-02-13, 23:53
Good to see the enemy's alliances dissolving. Maybe with them a little more fragmented we can finally beat the bastards.

Honu
09-03-13, 01:43
trumka is a crook !

I do wonder what they will do now ?

and how much this will hurt the afl/cio hope it dies !

IMHO unions these days are often the biggest drag on business and if someone wants to have them fine but they can not have 1 penny of gov help or money ever !

SteveS
09-03-13, 16:51
Soon all the dock work will be done in Mexico.