PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Find A Deserving Child For A Brand New Xbox 360

Safetyhit
09-02-13, 13:10
Someone was kind enough to give us a new, sealed in the box, Xbox 360 Slim (updated, nicer version) we simply don't need because my son already has one. It has a 4GB hard drive, wireless internet and comes with a controller.

I will also supply a 3 month Xbox Gold membership card so the child can play and update games online immediately. The 4GB is the smaller hard drive size but if desired an external one can be purchased and bottom line is it's a $200 systems or free, one I could easily sell somewhere but believe this is the better alternative.

Ideally a child or young teen who could really use this either due to their family's financial hardships, had their home burglarized, their system stolen by a drug addicted relative (my ex's brother did this crap), etc would be preferable. In other words someone you truly believe is deserving for whatever reason.

I will pay to ship the item in the original box. If you want to PM me with a brief explanation of the child's hardship and likely interest level I will review and make a decision ASAP. If you want to post the scenario here that's ok too.

Hoping this doesn't get too complicated or emotionally challenging so I'll try to make a swift decision depending upon the number of and general worthiness of the requests submitted. Not sure if I'll get one or 20 submissions so we'll just take it as it comes.

Thank-you for your help.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-02-13, 13:26
My wife is a teacher and has a 4th grade student who had a heart breaking year last year. I'll ask her if this would be okay or not and then pm you.

SeriousStudent
09-02-13, 13:35
Thank you for doing this.

No.6
09-02-13, 14:01
Good on you.

Safetyhit
09-02-13, 14:06
My wife is a teacher and has a 4th grade student who had a heart breaking year last year. I'll ask her if this would be okay or not and then pm you.

Ok, I'll wait until I hear then.

Also honestly no offense but please don't submit posts thanking me. It's no big deal and we're better served to focus on the deserving individuals out there. SS and No.6 please understand where I am coming from and know I appreciate your comments.

SeriousStudent
09-02-13, 14:34
Understood. But I spend so much time beating people like a rented mule, it's nice to give a compliment every now and then. ;)

PA PATRIOT
09-02-13, 15:12
I would suggest donating it to a child of a fallen Police Officer, Firefighter or a military family who suffered a loss due to being KIA.

The above families have lost so much and such a gift could bring a little joy into a child's life who is really hurting.

I would start off checking you local, state and military authorities to find someone most deserving.

Smuckatelli
09-02-13, 16:10
I may be too late with this suggestion....

Donate it to the nearest Children's Hospital Oncology clinic. Those kids are stuck there for hours at a time getting transfusions.

Safetyhit
09-02-13, 18:09
It's not that I don't want to donate it to an organization, but I'd rather make sure it gets to the right person promptly. The nearest children's hospital is in Philly and odds are they have everything they need there. Another game system might get lost in the shuffle or end up sitting in a closet, to verify otherwise would seem rather difficult but possible I suppose. Guess it's worth a call as ideally it would be a great place for it.

As far as the fallen officer/service member idea, sounds good but again I'd like to make sure it will go to someone not just deserving but also to someone who would want it. Not trying to nit-pick but also not really looking to just float it out there and hope for the best. If I'm missing something feel free to correct me.

Gutshot John
09-02-13, 18:36
Maybe Tomas knows a deserving child?

a1fabweld
09-02-13, 21:51

Donate it to the nearest Children's Hospital Oncology clinic. Those kids are stuck there for hours at a time getting transfusions.

Great idea. To some bed ridden kids who physically can't go outside & play, this would be huge & a great distraction from their realities.

I'm not a gamer, we don't own a gaming system, & probably never will. I encourage my kids & my friends kids to get off the couch, enjoy the outdoors, & be active.

ST911
09-02-13, 22:06

Alternatively... Donate it to your local Make-A-Wish chapter, or a Ronald McDonald House.

Cincinnatus
09-02-13, 22:12
The child in this link is perhaps too young, but one in a similar situation would be an ideal recipient.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/out-of-the-hospital-ireland-nugent-welcomed-back-to-church/2120547

Straight Shooter
09-02-13, 22:12
Holy Cow SH-
That's a very very cool thing you are doing. I really hope you get a nice " return on your investment", so to speak!:)
Oh yeah...let us know if that 4th grader gets it, or not. I hope so.

jaxman7
09-03-13, 07:47
Good man Tav and a very thoughtful decision. Some boy or girl (or more than just one) who is going through a rough spot will have a little bit of sunshine come down on them.

-Jax

brickboy240
09-03-13, 09:58
This thread is about the best execution of an act of generosity. Let's not take a dump in it. -ST911