PDA

View Full Version : Traveling through CO with 30 round mag rebuild kits

Zane1844
09-03-13, 16:26
It seems like I am moving to Wisconsin by October first. :D

I, however, am worried about having to drive through CO with the rebuild kits I have.

I understand if you owned the magazines before the ban they are then grandfathered, I did but I am not a resident of CO. I would just be driving through it to WI.

I am sure they wont consider the rebuild kits as rebuild kits, correct?

Do I have anything to worry about? I do not think they have any "assault weapon" bans.

Could I then ship the magazine parts to my friend in WI, if it is a no no to drive through CA with them?

EricTheRed
09-03-13, 16:48
Go through Wyoming. :p

But no, you shouldn't have any issues with mag rebuild kits in Colorado excepting Denver. As I understand it, there is no way to prove anything about where or when a mag was made/acquired/etc, and every LEO I have talked to has stated there is no way they can enforce the law.

Stay out of Denver. There is an AWB in place there, and it bans possession of "Assault Rifles" and mags over 20 rds. I believe there is a "passing through" option there but I can't find the relevant law right now.

Zane1844
09-03-13, 16:51
Go through Wyoming. :p

Stay out of Denver. There is an AWB in place there, and it bans possession of "Assault Rifles" and mags over 20 rds. I believe there is a "passing through" option there but I can't find the relevant law right now.

Damn. I did the drive already and I do go through Denver.

Looks like I go through Wyoming.

Thanks!

EricTheRed
09-03-13, 20:49
You're welcome. I still can't find a definitive answer as to the legalities of Denver. As a CO resident, I don't take anything but my CCW EDC to Denver, and it is legal even under their BS laws. FYI, if you are on I-70W and take 270 to I25N, or even 270 NE, you will not be in Denver.

Please do us all a favor, however- if you decide to skirt Colorado completely, write the state board of tourism, and the governors office, and anyone else you can think of, and let them know exactly why you are avoiding our state; as they say, money talks. Any little bit helps, as we are still in the fight.

Zane1844
09-03-13, 21:49
You're welcome. I still can't find a definitive answer as to the legalities of Denver. As a CO resident, I don't take anything but my CCW EDC to Denver, and it is legal even under their BS laws. FYI, if you are on I-70W and take 270 to I25N, or even 270 NE, you will not be in Denver.

Please do us all a favor, however- if you decide to skirt Colorado completely, write the state board of tourism, and the governors office, and anyone else you can think of, and let them know exactly why you are avoiding our state; as they say, money talks. Any little bit helps, as we are still in the fight.

That is a good idea actually.

You live in the most beautiful state I have ever been in, by the way!