PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Please; lots of lowers to build

TheRock
04-22-08, 09:25
One of the downsides to working at/in/with a gun store is that you get involved with good deals and then you end up with a safe full of odds and ends.

After this last SHOT Show, the store bought another fairly nice sized order of lower receivers; which I couldn't turn down at the price we got, with a possible Democrat administrator coming down the pike.

I have 8 lower receivers to build up and I'd like to get some ideas for the ones I don't have any plans for right now. I don't have any plans for 1 pistol and 3 rifles at this time.

2 pistol (yes, these were 4473'd as such) and
6 rifle

A mix and match of Bushmaster, CMMG and LAR (amazing what you find on the top shelf of the gun safe...)

My plans so far are:

Rifle 1 -
16" with rails from MI, flattop, etc. This upper is on order via CMMG as one of their M4A1 SOCOM styles. Once I wring this out, I plan to make this my primary, replacing the old Colt upper (At least, I think it's Colt...) on a SGW lower that's been my primary for ages.

Rifle 2 -
16" Mid Length Lightweight, again from CMMG, with flattop, but standard handguards and front sight. (Also on order from CMMG (This is to be the Mrs's))

Rifle 3 -
10" or 11" SBR. I think I might get either CMMG to build me something that I would then get converted to a piston system. I think I might do rails over this one; on the assumption that whatever piston system will allow that. I'm thinking about keeping a Gem-Tech Piranha mounted 24/7. (I've got one in process soon; already paid for, just need to get the form submitted)

Rifles 4 to 6
No ideas; I was thinking about one as a M16A4 clone - 20" like the USMC is issuing, just for grins.

Pistol 1 -
Probably a 7", with some sort of piston deal and maybe one of those big diopter sights like the older HK stuff to be used in the British push-n-shoot fashion.

Pistol 2 -
No ideas that have stuck yet.

I have two 512 EOTechs (a wedding present) to be mounted on a couple of these and also have some more EOTechs on order. (One is the N cell model; I have no idea what I was thinking...) I have two sets of YHM Flip Up sights (gas block front).

My goal it to use up what I have, accessory wise, before I buy anything else.

I'm open to suggestions, clue bats, etc.

(And no, I'm not going to sell them and buy a Colt ;) )

TR

TexasAggies
04-22-08, 09:44
Sell them buy a LMT :p

TheRock
04-22-08, 14:07
There is one in every crowd... :D

TR