PDA

View Full Version : Major (Now Private) Hasan forcibly shaved in prison...

Eurodriver
09-04-13, 11:38
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/09/04/fort-hood-shooter-forcibly-shaved-in-prison.html

I would pay money to be one of the ones doing this. I would pay money just to watch.

Edit: Please edit the thread title. He does not deserve the rank of Major before his name.

montanadave
09-04-13, 11:57
Let's hope they dry-shaved him.

Pork Chop
09-04-13, 11:58
Let's hope they dry-shaved him.

With a dull, rusty butcher knife.

Army Chief
09-04-13, 11:59
Got it.

I would like to make all sorts of creative and likely inappropriate observations about this particular news item, but discretion is often the better part of valor. I find it odd that this was directed, but not accomplished, during the trial process, but is being so rigidly-enforced now that the inmate must conform to prison rules.

Then again, it may be a bit inconsistent to force a devout (if murderous) Muslim convict to shave, but give full consideration to allowing a treasonous homosexual/would-be transsexual convict to live as a woman in the same facility. If they give in to the latter madness, my discretion is probably going to fly right out of the window.

AC

Tzed250
09-04-13, 12:03
That'll help keep the cooties down..;)

GeorgiaBoy
09-04-13, 12:41
I'm interested in seeing how one actually performs a "forcible shave".

glocktogo
09-04-13, 13:22

They could set it up as a Pay Per View and solve a lot of the funding deficit. :D

montanadave
09-04-13, 13:50
They could set it up as a Pay Per View and solve a lot of the funding deficit. :D

That's an interesting idea. I realize I'm creating a bit of a thread "mashup" here, but bear with me.

What's better than two birds with one stone? How about three birds with one stone?

If the idiots in Washington are dead set on bombing Syria, how about we go all in, glue Private Hasan's ass to one big ass bomb, sell pay-per-view subscriptions to pay down the deficit on cable and the web, and let him ride into history "Slim Pickens"-style?

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/787/x04v.jpg

What's not to love?

morbidbattlecry
09-04-13, 15:15
Damn that was a good movie.

Moose-Knuckle
09-04-13, 15:41

Ever see First Blood (aka Rambo)? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDVfl3OJb8

Suwannee Tim
09-04-13, 19:37
Forcibly shaved for now. Until SecDef or POTUS gets involved or the courts decide he has a "right" to a beard.

SteyrAUG
09-04-13, 19:44

Preferably with a straight razor and a hung over barber.

Semper Paratus
09-04-13, 20:19
Rusty straight razor, hung over barber and an out of date tetnus shot?

Seems more than appropriate.

RogerinTPA
09-04-13, 20:44
I prefer him to be also be shaved with a straight razor, by a crackhead on LSD, who hadn't had a fix in a week.

sjc3081
09-04-13, 22:43
In addition,I would like to see the ranking officers busted to private that ignored the radicalization of Hasan.

SeriousStudent
09-04-13, 22:50

What's not to love?

WARNING - DERAIL ALERT:

I actually got to meet Slim when he was in West Texas for a desert mule deer hunt. Awesome, awesome guy; very gracious and pleasant to everyone. I asked him about the filming of that movie and Blazing Saddles - very funny stories ensued.

We now return you to the discussion of convicted murderous swine, already in progress.

Army Chief
09-04-13, 22:51
I'm actually fine with an electric razor and a nice bottle of Skin Bracer for afterward. The process of the man's exfoliation needn't be particularly rigorous or uncomfortable, since the very indignity of the act (in his view) communicates all he needs know about who is really in control now.

Not that the man warrants any great -- or small -- sympathy, but I suppose we have to keep in mind that he is also a parapalegic (with no one to blame but himself, of course). How much wrestlng and grabastics do you really want to get into with the paralyzed guy before saying enough is enough? He deserves to die for his crimes. He doesn't rate torture. Not because of him, but because we are (or should be) above that.

Also, I like bacon.

AC

MountainRaven
09-04-13, 23:04
That's an interesting idea. I realize I'm creating a bit of a thread "mashup" here, but bear with me.

What's better than two birds with one stone? How about three birds with one stone?

If the idiots in Washington are dead set on bombing Syria, how about we go all in, glue Private Hasan's ass to one big ass bomb, sell pay-per-view subscriptions to pay down the deficit on cable and the web, and let him ride into history "Slim Pickens"-style?

What's not to love?

And maybe we can get John McCain to fly the bomber....

(With Boehner as Engineer/Bombardier and Obama as co-pilot.)

SeriousStudent
09-04-13, 23:09
I was going to say, add that wacky Joe Biden as the naviguesser, but I'd want to them to actually reach the correct continent.

Which would not be North America, hence ruling out Uncle Joe.

MountainRaven
09-04-13, 23:14
I was going to say, add that wacky Joe Biden as the naviguesser, but I'd want to them to actually reach the correct continent.

Which would not be North America, hence ruling out Uncle Joe.

He can lead the SAR team if the aircraft is shot down.

munch520
09-04-13, 23:17
Laser hair removal would have been justice with a sense of humor :)

SteyrAUG
09-04-13, 23:56
I'm actually fine with an electric razor and a nice bottle of Skin Bracer for afterward. The process of the man's exfoliation needn't be particularly rigorous or uncomfortable, since the very indignity of the act (in his view) communicates all he needs know about who is really in control now.

Not that the man warrants any great -- or small -- sympathy, but I suppose we have to keep in mind that he is also a parapalegic (with no one to blame but himself, of course). How much wrestlng and grabastics do you really want to get into with the paralyzed guy before saying enough is enough? He deserves to die for his crimes. He doesn't rate torture. Not because of him, but because we are (or should be) above that.

Also, I like bacon.

AC

I can forgive / overlook many failures. But when it comes to individuals such as Hasan, I have no forgiveness, empathy, consideration, concerns about his current physical state of health, his beliefs, wants, desires or anything of the kind.

To me (and I hope this doesn't come across as the criticism it is going to sound like), to show him any more consideration or concern than the people he gunned down is in itself wrong and an insult to his victims.

As a result, he means far less to me, than the people he randomly and willfully murdered. I don't think that makes me any less of a person.

I just have a very different value system than most.

_Stormin_
09-05-13, 00:24
As a result, he means far less to me, than the people he randomly and willfully murdered. I don't think that makes me any less of a person.

Not that far off of my own… The man put so many people through so much pain, and for his crimes he will die in the most humane and painless manner that modern science can craft. Honestly, a firing squad would have been fitting enough, but I don't get to sentence the man.

Moose-Knuckle
09-05-13, 02:27
Preferably with a straight razor and a hung over barber.

My vote is for Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of Fleet street . . .

Army Chief
09-05-13, 03:02
I can forgive / overlook many failures. But when it comes to individuals such as Hasan, I have no forgiveness, empathy, consideration, concerns about his current physical state of health, his beliefs, wants, desires or anything of the kind.

To me (and I hope this doesn't come across as the criticism it is going to sound like), to show him any more consideration or concern than the people he gunned down is in itself wrong and an insult to his victims.

We're actually not very far apart. The main difference I see is that, until such time as Hasan is actually put to death, he remains a living human being. Not one deserving of any favor, but also not one to be tortured or abused while he waits to meet his fate.

In looking back through history, I don't reach this conclusion because Hasan merits mercy of any kind, but because the rest of us have to safeguard our own humanity. The lesson to be learned from the likes of the guards at Treblinka or Auschwitz is that desensitization and indifference to human suffering (whether deserved or not) ultimately makes victims of us all. My choice of seeking the high road is not about pampering the maniacal killer; it's about making sure that we as a people can live with our actions long after he is dust.

AC

thopkins22
09-05-13, 03:20
Yep. It's not about consideration towards Hasan. It's consideration for ourselves, our legacy, and the world our children will inherit.

Grand58742
09-05-13, 04:52
He can lead the SAR team if the aircraft is shot down.

Was thinking Janet Napolitano instead. One woman army. And imagine the Syrian reaction if she showed up on a rescue mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ

montanadave
09-05-13, 04:57
We're actually not very far apart. The main difference I see is that, until such time as Hasan is actually put to death, he remains a living human being. Not one deserving of any favor, but also not one to be tortured or abused while he waits to meet his fate.

In looking back through history, I don't reach this conclusion because Hasan merits mercy of any kind, but because the rest of us have to safeguard our own humanity. The lesson to be learned from the likes of the guards at Treblinka or Auschwitz is that desensitization and indifference to human suffering (whether deserved or not) ultimately makes victims of us all. My choice of seeking the high road is not about pampering the maniacal killer; it's about making sure that we as a people can live with our actions long after he is dust.

AC

I am in total agreement.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to get into the gutter with the bad guys to finish the fight, but it is equally necessary to climb back out when the job is done. If we want to continue to wear the white hats, we have to walk the walk, not merely talk the talk.

Too much talkin' lately, not enough walkin'.

KTR03
09-05-13, 06:53

AC

This is a proudly impressive post. Well said!

Koshinn
09-05-13, 08:16
Would a post about consistently applied laws/rules be on topic here? I would normally just write it in GD, but it might be long, so asking first lol.

jpmuscle
09-05-13, 08:33

My guess is that he was forcibly medicated (sedated) via IM. That would be the easiest anyway.

brickboy240
09-05-13, 11:15
Shave him then kill him....I don't care as long as he is put in the ground and we don't have to waste tax dollars on housing and feeding the bastard.

-brickboy240

SteyrAUG
09-05-13, 13:08

AC

Our main issue is you see value in "living human being" and "I do not." I can think of many, many a "living human being" that are absolutely meaningless to me.

The guards at concentration camps were killing "innocents." That is far different. Those lives have value.

Or to put it another way, if I was there and I somehow lived and tracked down those guards who herded families into the gas chamber and killed them all...that wouldn't cost me my humanity...it would actually make me a better person than I was before.

I would be, if you'll excuse the phrase, born again.

The one action that I couldn't live with, that would be intolerable to me, is doing NOTHING about it. But again, I have different values than most.

Suwannee Tim
09-05-13, 20:24
Try him before a military commission, find him guilty, hang his ass then bio-liquidate (http://www.bioliquidator.com/) him and flush him down the shitter.

Koshinn
09-05-13, 21:11
Is it torture to cook bacon near someone and to tempt him with it if eating it is against his religion?

I'm pretty sure that it's a warcrime, but ... Bacon.

ThirdWatcher
09-08-13, 06:39
...I'm pretty sure that it's a warcrime, but ... Bacon.

How can it be a warcrime if it wasn't an act of terror? It was workplace violence so you're good to go.

Suwannee Tim
09-15-13, 19:36
Try him before a military commission, find him guilty, hang his ass then bio-liquidate (http://www.bioliquidator.com/) him and flush him down the shitter.

No one but me wants to flush Nidal Hassan down the shitter?

Bubba FAL
09-15-13, 22:14
Frankly, i could give a rat's ass about Hasan being paralyzed - he did that to himself. The most merciful act that he merits is a bath in pig blood, followed by a rapid trip to his god Satan via a bullet in the head.

If that makes me inhumane, sobeit. It's certainly more merciful than what he did.

yellowfin
09-16-13, 00:12
No one but me wants to flush Nidal Hassan down the shitter?Too good for him.

LHS
09-16-13, 01:46
Our main issue is you see value in "living human being" and "I do not." I can think of many, many a "living human being" that are absolutely meaningless to me.

The guards at concentration camps were killing "innocents." That is far different. Those lives have value.

Or to put it another way, if I was there and I somehow lived and tracked down those guards who herded families into the gas chamber and killed them all...that wouldn't cost me my humanity...it would actually make me a better person than I was before.

I would be, if you'll excuse the phrase, born again.

The one action that I couldn't live with, that would be intolerable to me, is doing NOTHING about it. But again, I have different values than most.

I think we see eye to eye on that. I don't see all human life as equally valuable. I think a person's actions dictate the value of their life. Hasan's actions have given his life a decidedly negative value, and thus we would improve humanity by removing him. That said, the notion of him having to spend another 30 years shitting into a bag and being stuck in a maximum security prison is appealing. If anything, it'd make the punishment last longer. On the other hand, traitors should be hanged, and Hasan is the very definition of a traitor.

skydivr
09-16-13, 10:24
Shave him, line him up in front of a firing squad. Save us all a lot of time/money. There is no denial of guilt, there is no lack of, or incorrect evidence. For justice to prevail, it must be fairly swift, equal to the crime and final. And everybody needs to know it. Otherwise there is no justice. This asshole does not need to live to a ripe old age on taxpayer dollars, nor does he need to die in prison or suicide. He needs to go, and by the hand of the service that he broke his sacred oath with - Soldiers.