PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Bolts

Obscenejesster
09-04-13, 20:01
My brother in law was looking at a Daniel Defense Rifle at a local brick and mortar today. This is his first black rifle so he doesn't know much about them so he asked me to come along. I stripped the rifle down and noticed the bolt had no "HP" or "MPI" markings on it. It had a Daniel Defense carrier but the bolt was worrying me.

Are Daniel Defense Bolts usually tested and marked?

Boba Fett v2
09-04-13, 20:06
My brother in law was looking at a Daniel Defense Rifle at a local brick and mortar today. This is his first black rifle so he doesn't know much about them so he asked me to come along. I stripped the rifle down and noticed the bolt had no "HP" or "MPI" markings on it. It had a Daniel Defense carrier but the bolt was worrying me.

Are Daniel Defense Bolts usually tested and marked?

KAC bolts don't have HP or MPI stamped on them either. At least the ones I've seen don't. Doesn't mean they're not... unless they're not. Or perhaps it's implied. What does Daniel Defense say?

ShermanM4
09-04-13, 20:36
KAC bolts don't have HP or MPI stamped on them either. At least the ones I've seen don't. Doesn't mean they're not... unless they're not. Or perhaps it's implied. What does Daniel Defense say?

KAC doesn't stamp them because they don't use the proof round (HPT). I believe they do MPI though.

They believe all it does is reduce bolt life...

Boba Fett v2
09-04-13, 20:43
KAC doesn't stamp them because they don't use the proof round (HPT). I believe they do MPI though.

They believe all it does is reduce bolt life...

Good info. Thanks.

Tzed250
09-04-13, 20:45
Per DD.

Daniel Defense complete bolt carrier group assembly. This M16 Bolt Carrier Group features a shot peened bolt with extractor booster. The Bolt Carriers are MPI tested, chrome lined, and have properly staked gas keys.

Shot Peened Bolt
Extractor Booster
MPI Tested
Chrome Lined Carrier
Properly Staked Gas Key
Made in the USA

Col_Crocs
09-04-13, 20:47
AFAIK, DD HPTs and MPIs. I've had 2 DD BCGs and neither was marked on the bolt, just the logo on the carrier. As long as you buy from a reputable dealer, you have nothing to worry about.

Iraqgunz
09-04-13, 20:58
Use the ORANGE search feature. Numerous threads on the subject.