PDA

View Full Version : AO Precision Manuf bolt

chuckman
09-05-13, 12:30
I did a search and got some older stuff....I need a bolt, not a carrier group, just the bolt assembly, and everywhere is sold out...no BCM, no LMT, no CMT. Is AO Precision Manuf good to go?

JR TACTICAL
09-05-13, 15:24
Look at Stag Arms, Im pretty sure that CMT and Stag are the same and they have HPT/MPI bolts for $50. I bought one a month or so ago for an extra and it looks good to me. All I did was add a 5 coil extractor spring and O ring just for good measure

http://www.stagarms.com/5-56-223-right-handed-bolt-assembly/

Just make sure you get the HP/MPI one

SigSlave
09-05-13, 17:27
AO Precision is one of those companies that makes a bunch of parts for many manufacturers in the industry. If the specs are good, the part should be pretty well made.

GH41
09-05-13, 17:47
I imagine the truth will never be known but wouldn't it be fun to see who makes what for who. AO list clients from Colt to Mossberg! Not impressed if they make screws for Colt and BCGs for Mossey. I doubt we will ever know. GH

SigSlave
09-05-13, 19:12
When you find out, It really doesn't change anything.

I worked for Sig and currently work for another New England firearms manufacturer and seeing boxes in the building from the usuall suspects doesn't surprise me anymore.

Once you know that most manufacturers make less of their parts than more, you stop caring where they come from as long as they are quality.