PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Length vs carbine gas system. and JP ?

1911vm
09-06-13, 04:30
Mid-Length vs carbine gas system for a 14.5 to 16 barrel. which one and why. I tried search but was not much on the topic.

also looking for long time use review on JP captured buffer spring. how is it working after several thousand rounds .
Thanks for help

Grand58742
09-06-13, 04:45
You're going to get three opinions.

Opinion 1 - Carbine length on a Colt 6920 is properly gassed, ready for hard use and sets the industry standard so it's "best."

Opinion 2 - Mid Length like on a BCM or Daniel Defense are just as effective, have a slightly softer recoil impulse and are reportedly easier on the parts so it's "best."

Opinion 3 - I like pie.

Comes down to personal preference mainly as long as you go with a reputable manufacturer.

Tzed250
09-06-13, 04:45
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=CKz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=707&q=+site:m4carbine.net+which+is+better+carbine+or+midlength+m4carbine.net

1911vm
09-06-13, 04:57
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=CKz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=707&q=+site:m4carbine.net+which+is+better+carbine+or+midlength+m4carbine.net
Thanks for the search help. I will get better LOL

Tzed250
09-06-13, 07:53
Thanks for the search help. I will get better LOL

It's all in the wrist..;)

Mr Elbowseed
09-06-13, 09:06
You're going to get three opinions.

Opinion 1 - Carbine length on a Colt 6920 is properly gassed, ready for hard use and sets the industry standard so it's "best."

Opinion 2 - Mid Length like on a BCM or Daniel Defense are just as effective, have a slightly softer recoil impulse and are reportedly easier on the parts so it's "best."

Opinion 3 - I like pie.

Comes down to personal preference mainly as long as you go with a reputable manufacturer.

All of the above especially opinion 3. OP Personally if there is something I have a question about I first check the stickies. Then if no specific one comes up I do a Google search for what I want followed by m4carbine.net. Just by typing in mid length vs Carbine m4c. net I yielded many results. Not nagging ya just trying to be helpful. :D

Freelance
09-06-13, 09:38
2 cents. I have had a carbine gas system since I was 18 (I'm 40 now,) I shot that system for 15 years until I began to build my own. I have several newer carbine's but the last two AR's I have built for myself and shoot the most have both been mid-length gas systems for the above mentioned softer impulse. Just one person's opinion for what its worth.

TacticalSledgehammer
09-06-13, 13:33
All of the above especially opinion 3. OP Personally if there is something I have a question about I first check the stickies. Then if no specific one comes up I do a Google search for what I want followed by m4carbine.net. Just by typing in mid length vs Carbine m4c. net I yielded many results. Not nagging ya just trying to be helpful. :D

The orange button doesn't work with my iPhone. So this is how I search M4C.

ra2bach
09-06-13, 13:49
carbine @ 14.5", midlength @ 16"...

Mr Elbowseed
09-06-13, 22:19
The galaxy s4 phones also don't like it. Search in Google open in tapatalk.

SteveL
09-06-13, 22:41
I don't understand the need for Tapatalk on a smart phone with a web browser. Just use the website. My Droid doesn't like the search feature but if I hit search and then advanced search everything works fine.

Tzed250
09-07-13, 03:47
On an iPhone you can paste text into the slot when you open the orange search. It will disappear when you paste. Hit the orange search again and you will see your text in the slot. Proceed.