PDA

View Full Version : Crye Combat Uniforms

cctroupe11
09-06-13, 13:39
Hey guys, I've looked around trying to find a good deal on some Crye G3 Combat Uniforms, but I have not been able to locate anywhere with any for under the normal ~$200 price.

I was just checking to see if any of you gurus knew of a secret place with some Crye Combat Uniforms for a better price than most...

Heck, maybe even the AC's. Looking for multicam.

Thanks!

FWIW: I wear Small/Regular top and 32R bottom.

NongShim
09-06-13, 14:01
The cost is the cost. If you find them for less, you're probably looking at stolen, used, or imitation.

If you really want something other than the RFI flame retardant stuff, SKD makes great uniforms, for less than half the cost of Crye stuff. The trousers are like the older BDU/DCUs (read: MORE COMFORTABLE). Tops are more like modded BDUs than ACUs. I prefer them (top and bottom) to the Crye and Patagonia offerings.

The SKD offering are also made in USA as compared to the ACU cut garbage from a lot of the other companies out there.

cctroupe11
09-06-13, 16:27
I will have to check those SKD's out.

On a side note...could anyone attest to the G3 combat's fit? True to size? Loose?

Gracias.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-06-13, 19:18

On a side note...could anyone attest to the G3 combat's fit? True to size? Loose?

Gracias.

Loose, IMO. I wear a L-XL T Shirt, but a M-R Crye top fits comfortably.

cctroupe11
09-07-13, 05:33
Good, so that means a Small top won't be like spandex like our issued Massif Combat Shirts.

Do the pants run loose as well?

C45P312
09-07-13, 05:42
Though they don't have your size, http://www.optactical.com/combatshirts.html has always been good to me and their notification system.

BDG
09-07-13, 09:03
Good, so that means a Small top won't be like spandex like our issued Massif Combat Shirts.

Do the pants run loose as well?

I think the pants are actually a size small and run a little tighter but more comfortable.

cctroupe11
09-07-13, 09:26
Thanks, that's good for me. I hate baggy pants with a passion.

I understand these are 50/50 NYCO...anybody had any problems with shrinkage or fading, or are they pretty sturdy?

BDG
09-07-13, 09:30
Thanks, that's good for me. I hate baggy pants with a passion.

I understand these are 50/50 NYCO...anybody had any problems with shrinkage or fading, or are they pretty sturdy?

Me too, baggy pants are not comfortable after a long day and being wet.

No problems with shrinkage or fading for me. I have the ranger green so I can't speak to the multicams but so far no noticeable fading. They are pricey but the fit and function is great.

cctroupe11
09-07-13, 09:38
Me too, baggy pants are not comfortable after a long day and being wet.

No problems with shrinkage or fading for me. I have the ranger green so I can't speak to the multicams but so far no noticeable fading. They are pricey but the fit and function is great.

Good. I'm really leaning towards getting one full G3 uniform (top and bottom). We were issued Army combat pants and shirts (non-Crye), and they suck. The shirts fit like spandex and the pants are cheap. I don't think I know anyone in my unit that hasn't blown out their combat pants.

We did get 2 pair of the airflex kneepads, though.

Anyone care to post pics of their G3 uniform in action?

flash22
09-09-13, 13:45
I've had a set used for work the last year and like them (Crye). The sizing in true in the pants and the shirts are a hair smaller than standard sizing. Pants are comfy and have a padded waist with adjustments for the knees (horizontal and vertical). I ordered mine direct through Crye with no issues. IMHO if you have a need to use knee pads they are worth it hands down due to the strapless system. If there is no need for the knee pads then I'd get a couple of tac pants in the $40-$60 price range.

Wake27
09-09-13, 14:26
Good. I'm really leaning towards getting one full G3 uniform (top and bottom). We were issued Army combat pants and shirts (non-Crye), and they suck. The shirts fit like spandex and the pants are cheap. I don't think I know anyone in my unit that hasn't blown out their combat pants.

We did get 2 pair of the airflex kneepads, though.

Anyone care to post pics of their G3 uniform in action?

Check out Redback 1's FB page. JF is always rocking Crye gunfighter threads.

cctroupe11
09-10-13, 05:35
Thanks guys. I looked extensively at Crye's sizing info and contacted them. They told me they were sized "aggressively" which I assume they meant cut full. I am going to try the 30R bottoms, due to the fact that I don't like loose pants. My waist is 31-32-ish, and I normally can fit into small ACU trousers.

txgunsuscg
09-14-13, 07:24
Having worn Crye a lot, they definitely switched up their sizing between the old Crye uniforms and the G3. Our unit ordered quite a few, going off the sizes the guys had previously been issued, and it was a cluster. Shirts were big and baggy, pants were tight. You could easily go a size down on shirts, and a size up on pants. Just my experience. Don't know who they used for models, but it wasn't your average athletic guy...

jknopp44
09-15-13, 01:59

Gracias.

I have multiple pairs of the Cry Field AC pants which, unfortunately, have been discontinued. I also have the G3 field pants. I have found them to be true to size with a nice boot cut at the bottoms which prevent bunching up over the tops of boots. I bought a pair of the pants offered by SKD and found the leg fitment to be terrible. Its like they have a tapered leg that gets very tight toward the bottom. Did not like them at all...

thekersh86
09-15-13, 19:07
I have multiple pairs of the Cry Field AC pants which, unfortunately, have been discontinued. I also have the G3 field pants. I have found them to be true to size with a nice boot cut at the bottoms which prevent bunching up over the tops of boots. I bought a pair of the pants offered by SKD and found the leg fitment to be terrible. Its like they have a tapered leg that gets very tight toward the bottom. Did not like them at all...

Pretty sure they are still manufacturing the AC uniforms. I ordered some last spring, and they are still up on their website. They're still filling some government contracts as far as I know.

Don't be afraid to order some, try them on, and return if necessary. It'll be worth it when you find the perfect size.

Don't have experience with other uniforms except the issued Patagonia, and Crye is leaps and bounds ahead of that. Pay the full price and order from Crye, it'll be worth every penny.

jknopp44
09-15-13, 19:27
Pretty sure they are still manufacturing the AC uniforms. I ordered some last spring, and they are still up on their website. They're still filling some government contracts as far as I know.

Don't be afraid to order some, try them on, and return if necessary. It'll be worth it when you find the perfect size.

Don't have experience with other uniforms except the issued Patagonia, and Crye is leaps and bounds ahead of that. Pay the full price and order from Crye, it'll be worth every penny.

I meant to say the AC Field pants in Sand color have been discontinued. They are doing away with that color.

2002zo6
09-15-13, 19:44

Are you refering to the size of the field AC, G3 or both pants being true to size. I have been interested in getting a pair of the Ranger Green Field AC pants, just was not sure if worth the money opposed to cheaper pants.
Thanks

jknopp44
09-15-13, 22:44
Are you refering to the size of the field AC, G3 or both pants being true to size. I have been interested in getting a pair of the Ranger Green Field AC pants, just was not sure if worth the money opposed to cheaper pants.
Thanks

For me they have been true to size. Granted they are more expensive then most but I do think they are great pants. I have the AC Field pants in Ranger Green and Sand and the G3 Field pants in their Khaki 400 color. I have multiple pairs of all. The only pants I have found to be the type of fitment that I want are the Vertx pants which are great BTW.

2002zo6
09-16-13, 01:23
For me they have been true to size. Granted they are more expensive then most but I do think they are great pants. I have the AC Field pants in Ranger Green and Sand and the G3 Field pants in their Khaki 400 color. I have multiple pairs of all. The only pants I have found to be the type of fitment that I want are the Vertx pants which are great BTW.

Thanks for the reply. So would you recommend the Field AC pants over the Vertx for their overall fitment and quality? I have been reading that Vertx have issues with their sizes. Do the Field AC's wash well or do they fade? Again, thanks for the assistance, with the cost of CRYE pants any advise is greatly appreciated.

cctroupe11
09-16-13, 08:12
Hey guys,
just to update, I have some G3 combat uniforms on the way currently. As soon as they get here and I try them on, I'll write up a review.

jknopp44
09-16-13, 12:04
Thanks for the reply. So would you recommend the Field AC pants over the Vertx for their overall fitment and quality? I have been reading that Vertx have issues with their sizes. Do the Field AC's wash well or do they fade? Again, thanks for the assistance, with the cost of CRYE pants any advise is greatly appreciated.

The Vertx pants seem to be very well built and wear nicely once you get the sizing figured out. Seems the general consensus is the sizing in the waist runs small. The Crye pants I have in Sand and Ranger green and a pair in Multicam have all been washed many times and are holding up very well. With most of my pants I try and not run them through the dryer too much. this helps with longevity. I only have one pair in the G3 field model, most of them that I own are the AC version. The Crye pants are definitely more expensive but for me they fit very well and are extremely comfortable. I would invest in a pair and give them a try.

2002zo6
09-16-13, 14:08
The Vertx pants seem to be very well built and wear nicely once you get the sizing figured out. Seems the general consensus is the sizing in the waist runs small. The Crye pants I have in Sand and Ranger green and a pair in Multicam have all been washed many times and are holding up very well. With most of my pants I try and not run them through the dryer too much. this helps with longevity. I only have one pair in the G3 field model, most of them that I own are the AC version. The Crye pants are definitely more expensive but for me they fit very well and are extremely comfortable. I would invest in a pair and give them a try.

Thanks, I think that I will do that.

SpartanDCI
09-24-13, 06:15
I second OPTactical on Crye stuff..........GSS Gear here in SE Virginia stocks all the Crye clothing, mostly AC pattern.

I prefer the Beyond Tactical brand of Combat clothing.....mainly because they custom make it to your specs.............yeah it take a bit longer but the last order I sent in only took 4 weeks and I had two sets of Combats, one in Multicam and the other in Desert Tan and they fit perfect.

Beyond also has the SOCOM contract to build uniforms for people outside of the standard sizes......................so their uniforms are SOCOM standard combat uniforms............after a near disaster trying to find FR Drifire Uniforms that fit me........Beyond was a godsend.

Check them out if the Crye's don't do anything for you...(Gen 3 Cryes are very nice though).

Hopefully they will not turn to crap now that 5.11 bought them............

mildot
11-01-15, 08:36
Hey troops, quick question to owners for the Crye G3, so I had to send my back and get a smaller waist size, no big deal Crye CS was "good to go" however in picking a replacement size, I wanted to get some "feedback" on the length of the inseam? so I usually take a 32" inseam which seems to be OK across the board, however that seemed a little long on the G3, can anyone who uses or ordered the "short" version give me an idea of the length? Crye gives you an "average" on the website? so "short" is 26.5 to 29.5? Did any owners find that it was on the "shorter" side? Thanks

GTF425
11-01-15, 08:56
I'm a 31x32 and wear 32R in Crye fancy pants.

norbis
11-04-15, 19:12
Hey guys, I've looked around trying to find a good deal on some Crye G3 Combat Uniforms, but I have not been able to locate anywhere with any for under the normal ~$200 price.

I was just checking to see if any of you gurus knew of a secret place with some Crye Combat Uniforms for a better price than most...

Heck, maybe even the AC's. Looking for multicam.

Thanks!

FWIW: I wear Small/Regular top and 32R bottom.

Check out Ebay... you'd be surprised at what is sold on there. You wont get them for super cheap but you may find some that are in good condition for 25-40% off. I sold a set here a few years ago but if I didn't get any takers I was going to put them up on Ebay myself.

Hopefully they will not turn to crap now that 5.11 bought them............

Who did 5.11 Buy? Beyond?

Hey troops, quick question to owners for the Crye G3, so I had to send my back and get a smaller waist size, no big deal Crye CS was "good to go" however in picking a replacement size, I wanted to get some "feedback" on the length of the inseam? so I usually take a 32" inseam which seems to be OK across the board, however that seemed a little long on the G3, can anyone who uses or ordered the "short" version give me an idea of the length? Crye gives you an "average" on the website? so "short" is 26.5 to 29.5? Did any owners find that it was on the "shorter" side? Thanks

I wear Med Reg ACUs/BDUs and my 32 Reg pants were a little short; the sew shop lady just took the hem/seam (I'm not sure which term is correct.. but she made them a few inches longer) and they fit perfect.

Just my opinion if I was in the market; the issued Patagonia Combat Pants are very, very nice but I had Crye previously and still like those slightly better (pocket lay out, fly, knee pad system and crotch area mostly). If I was going to pay out of pocket for a pair of expensive combat pants, they would be Crye.

quackhead
11-06-15, 04:14
5.11 has owned Beyond for quite some time now

Bagherra
11-07-15, 08:10
SpartanDCI...you in the Va Beach area?

Turnkey11
11-08-15, 17:46
I saved a ton of money on british MTP trousers and combat shirts, its close enough to multicam that most people cant tell the difference, and the shirt has the best cut and fit of any of the combat shirts Ive tried. It doesnt smell like cat piss like the massif shirts the Army uses either.

Heres a couple pics of issue Army OCP and British MTP together so you can get an idea how it compares. The second pic has the SKD pants on the left, OCP bug/fire pants in the middle, and MTP on the right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/01/IMG_0857_zpskwalo6yt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/01/IMG_0858_zpsq5wly8sm.jpg

Bagherra
11-09-15, 08:22
Where'd you get the Brit uniforms?

Turnkey11
11-12-15, 15:19
Where'd you get the Brit uniforms?

I traded a goretex for a set in Scotland a couple years ago and bought a couple more on midway and ebay. The ones midway gets are hit and miss, you can get unissued sets on ebay fairly cheap though.

trinydex
11-20-15, 18:05
i feel like there's a very specific need for crye pants. if you don't have those needs then you shouldn't run them. the combination of features of crye pants that are not available in any other pant are stretch, built in knee pads and they come in multicam.

i would say any modern pant should come with stretch. if you don't have any requirement for the other crye ensemble of features, vertx is a great pant (doesn't come with built in knees). other great pants with stretch are the tyr huron if you're looking for hot weather (does have knees and multicam), the arcteryx combat pant gen 2 (does have knees, does not come in multicam).

if you want good hot weather stuff, almost all the hiking pants that include stretch are very light weight and almost all of them are designed with mesh pockets and grommet holes to increase breathing.