PDA

View Full Version : 9mm reloading ?

msigette
09-08-13, 14:45
Hi I tried using the search button and I tried Google, but I'm having a hard time finding some load data. I am using Berry's 124gr run and power pistol. I have a couple of reloading books but no help there either. Does anyone have any info on this combo? Thanks for any help I can get.

MAP
09-08-13, 16:15
Hi I tried using the search button and I tried Google, but I'm having a hard time finding some load data. I am using Berry's 124gr run and power pistol. I have a couple of reloading books but no help there either. Does anyone have any info on this combo? Thanks for any help I can get.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?page=/reloaders/powderlist.aspx&type=1&powderid=8&cartridge=23

msigette
09-08-13, 16:19
Am I missing a section the only bullets it lists is speer hollow points?

theblackknight
09-08-13, 16:44
You searched enos?

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Hitchhiker
09-08-13, 17:06
Alliant Powder and Speer are now owned by the same parent company. Alliant Powder now shows only the load data from the Speer load guide. On the internet there are PDF copies available of older Alliant Powder load guides that have load data for other components.

oilspill
09-08-13, 19:14
I use 124g JHP's not RN, but 5.7 grains of PP works well for me.

SWThomas
09-08-13, 19:18
Get yourself a Lee manual. They have data for that bullet.

msigette
09-09-13, 06:20
Can someone please post a picture of the 9mm page from the Lee manual? That way I have something to help me out until I get that manual.

Ryno12
09-09-13, 07:30
Can someone please post a picture of the 9mm page from the Lee manual? That way I have something to help me out until I get that manual.

I can later on this afternoon if you can wait till then.

Sent via Tapatalk

msigette
09-09-13, 07:34
That would be great thanks for the help.

Hitchhiker
09-09-13, 10:59
Lee uses load data from the powder companies. Not from bullet companies or other sources. I looked in older Alliant load guides and they do list a 125 grain lead bullet but don't have a load with Power Pistol powder. The Lyman manual has loads for cast bullets with lube grooves.

From Berry's.

Currently published load data is limited to some calibers by Accurate, Western Powders and Hodgdon. We are working with these companies to get data published for all of our bullets.

We recommend using hard cast load data or start with mid-range jacketed data. Make sure data is below 1250fps unless you are using a Thick-Plated bullet that we list a higher max velocity for like the 9mm 124gr HBRN-TP that can be shot to 1500fps in open class guns like a .38 Super. Keep in mind that since our plated bullet has the same pressure curve as a hard cast bullet, the published cast data will be very close to what you will get with our plated bullets. If you use Jacketed data with our plated bullets you can get from 5% - 8% increase in velocity using that data.

Other than the data from Western and Accurate for the 9mm, .40S&W and Hodgdon .40S&W there is no printed data available.

For further questions you can email sales@berrysmfg.com

http://www.berrysmfg.com/faq-q21-c1-Load_Data_for_Berrys_Preferred_Plated_Bullets.aspx

Ryno12
09-09-13, 16:37
That would be great thanks for the help.

No Power Pistol listed in Lee's manual. Alliant's website lists a 124gr GDHP=6.4gn @ 1157 fps, 1.12" OAL

NWcityguy2
09-09-13, 19:47
Yes unfortunately Lee does not create load data of it own, it merely passes on information from various powder companies.

My advice is to use the load data for the 124gr Gold Dot. Everything will be the same except the OAL which will be a little longer. Gold Dots are plated bullets after all, if you are concerned about that (which I would not be based on a decade plus of reloading experience).

Hitchhiker
09-10-13, 02:15

No Power Pistol listed in Lee's manual. Alliant's website lists a 124gr GDHP=6.4gn @ 1157 fps, 1.12" OAL

Your Lee manual looks newer than mine with and yours looks like it has more data.

I think Hornady has one of the newest manuals that includes some of the newer powders. I haven't bought the newest one yet.

msigette
09-10-13, 04:52
All of this info is a big help thanks everyone for the help.