PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Breaking Bad? Spoilers!!

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-09-13, 17:27
Hey guys,

As Breaking Bad, my favorite show ever winds down, I thought I would post here about the insane shootout at the end of last night's episode. Did anybody catch the AA-12 shotgun full auto? Absolutely no way Hank and Gomie live more than 5 seconds.

Anybody have a theory on how it ends? What is Walt up to with that big machingegun in his trunk?

jmp45
09-09-13, 17:37
Yeah, not happy about this one going away. I can't see how Hank would make it through that either but there are 3 more episodes so maybe. Walt also had hair when he returned to his house that was occupied by skateboarders in the empty pool. Seems like a time frame much later on.

Renegade
09-09-13, 17:42
It was full retard.

They dispatched those other gang members in seconds in the first show of the season, but armed with a Striker, M16s, etc., they cannot hit stationary targets from cover.

Anyway, the shootout is not over.

I think Hank is going die (he just called his wife and said it was basically over - Walt in custody, just some late night paperwork).

When the Feds showed up in an old GMC Suburban instead of a new suv, it was obvious it was going to get riddled, and they were saving production costs, so the shootout was predictable.

polymorpheous
09-09-13, 18:22
Spoiler alert guys!
Come on!

I can't wait until the rest if this show is on Netflix.

Honu
09-09-13, 18:45
I knew they were going to show up anyways :)

but will be curious how it plays out ?

man those guys got the jump on them and nobody went down in the first few seconds and not sure how Walt would have lived with that many rounds going toward him ?

also strange how Jesse was getting out ?

No.6
09-09-13, 19:25
Funny, my wife and I were just talking about possible outcomes of this. Here's our take.

Hank dies. At least one~two bad guys die. Gomie takes up the pursuit of Walt where Hank left off. Jesse and Walt end up on opposite sides of the M60, with Jesse the survivor.

Trajan
09-09-13, 19:47
Yeah, that ending was nuts. From the looks of it the gang bangers are just doing mag dumps and not hitting anything, but Hank and Gomez are way outnumbered. It will be interesting for sure.

I don't see how Jesse survives the M60. I don't think that's how it's going to end. He wouldn't return to NM just to kill Jesse IMO.

Koshinn
09-09-13, 20:14
It was full retard.

They dispatched those other gang members in seconds in the first show of the season, but armed with a Striker, M16s, etc., they cannot hit stationary targets from cover.

Anyway, the shootout is not over.

I think Hank is going die (he just called his wife and said it was basically over - Walt in custody, just some late night paperwork).

When the Feds showed up in an old GMC Suburban instead of a new suv, it was obvious it was going to get riddled, and they were saving production costs, so the shootout was predictable.

They had an AA12! And they couldn't take out a cop in the open like 20m away!

GeorgiaBoy
09-09-13, 20:16
A better cliff hang would have been right when the Aryan guys where showing up. But I think the cutting right in the middle means something. i.e. that it will not end as expected.

I'm pretty sure Gomie and Hank are wearing bullet proof vests and that is for a reason (hence the reference that Saul was wearing one by Walt; foreshadowing)

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/shoot-1.gif

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-09-13, 20:26
The only way they survive is if they get behind the truck, and Uncle what's his name calls off the shooting to save his cook. Or Hank bargins for Walt. But, as much as I love the show, there is no way in hell those two walked through that hail of bullets.

Koshinn
09-09-13, 20:45
A better cliff hang would have been right when the Aryan guys where showing up. But I think the cutting right in the middle means something. i.e. that it will not end as expected.

I'm pretty sure Gomie and Hank are wearing bullet proof vests and that is for a reason (hence the reference that Saul was wearing one by Walt; foreshadowing)

And we know how effective Kevlar is vs 5.56. Plus, it's just a vest. No extremity/lower body/head hits at all??

Honu
09-09-13, 21:06
funny I kinda wondered about the bargain for walt !

once again Walt gets free and of course Jesse will flip over him getting off again !
Hank wont want to let go of him either

going to be good :)

The only way they survive is if they get behind the truck, and Uncle what's his name calls off the shooting to save his cook. Or Hank bargins for Walt. But, as much as I love the show, there is no way in hell those two walked through that hail of bullets.

GeorgiaBoy
09-09-13, 21:25
And we know how effective Kevlar is vs 5.56. Plus, it's just a vest. No extremity/lower body/head hits at all??

Yeah but it's Hollywood. Who knows? He could receive some extremity hits and still make it through.

IMO the call to Marie would be to cliche. It's too predictable. Gomie probably won't make it out being a minor character, but it doesn't seem like Hank's time just yet.

Who knows, maybe Hank gets held Hostage by the AB and Walt will use the M60 to rescue him?

Armati
09-09-13, 23:14
I enjoy the show but too much of the storyline revolves around the "unobtainable" compound methylamine. Yes, methylamine is a Tier 1 precursor and is difficult to obtain commercially. However, is not illegal to manufacture nor possess and is EASY to synthesize by anyone with a basic understanding of chemistry.

There are at least 4 well known ways to make and it's manufacture is far easier than manufacturing the meth it's self. The gun play is Hollywood as is the chemistry.

I dare you to walk around with a big bag of mercury fulminate in your pocket - I dare you...

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-09-13, 23:30
I dare anyone to stand in the middle of the explosion that he was in when he tossed it down on the table. It blew the building to bits. At the very least he wouldn't have ever heard Jesse say "bitch" or any other human voice again.

Nightvisionary
09-10-13, 09:36
Can we not post spoilers in the title for those who have not caught up with the last episode?

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-10-13, 10:29
Fixed it for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM0AI5T4wYo

djegators
09-10-13, 19:46
Nothing can be more disappointing than a great show going full Hollywood return with firearms...hopefully the writers are smart enough to have it play out in a way that doesn't piss me off.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-15-13, 21:08
Holy crap that was a good episode. I think Cormac McCarthy is writing it though, sooooo bleak.

jmp45
09-15-13, 21:22
Waiting for this thread. Walt is going to recover his losses at any cost, maybe save Jesse. Finish in the hospital. No, too predictable

CLHC
09-15-13, 21:26
This evening's episode, was. . .

Well, you'll have to see it!

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-15-13, 21:36
I agree. Aryans are getting some beltfed action

Larry Vickers
09-15-13, 22:17
Best TV series ever- period

Without peer

Trajan
09-16-13, 14:49
My guess is Walt ends up saving Jessie in the end.

Did not care for the direction of that last episode though. He started making meth to leave his family with enough money, but now most of that money is gone and his family hates him.

MAP
09-16-13, 17:37
Great episode last night. Hank handled his situation like a boss!

Mike

Travis B
09-16-13, 18:28
Yeah, not happy about this one going away. I can't see how Hank would make it through that either but there are 3 more episodes so maybe. Walt also had hair when he returned to his house that was occupied by skateboarders in the empty pool. Seems like a time frame much later on.

He returned on his 52nd birthday with the machine gun (spelled out with bacon at the diner). Why? I have no idea. Maybe it involves the Aryans kidnapping his kids as leverage for him to cook for them.

djegators
09-16-13, 21:41
Best TV series ever- period

Without peer

No doubt! Shame it is ending, but that is preferable to it jumping the shark.

Dave_M
09-17-13, 00:55
Great episode last night. Hank handled his situation like a boss!

“My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go f—k yourself.”

Great line.

Honu
09-17-13, 06:24
Glad they did not follow the typical series stuff where good guys win

djegators
09-17-13, 07:10
Glad they did not follow the typical series stuff where good guys win

And that's part of theme....who really is a good guy? To varying degrees they have all crossed lines they thought they never would, but were able to justify it to themselves.

Honu
09-17-13, 07:25
Yeah :)
Well done show for sure

Kinda like mel gibson in payback the good bad guy

Seems if it was some shows the two cops would have taken out all the bad guys

The money thing was interesting :)

Hope another show comes along as well done now they know this recipe works ?

And that's part of theme....who really is a good guy? To varying degrees they have all crossed lines they thought they never would, but were able to justify it to themselves.

djegators
09-17-13, 09:42
Before this last set of episodes began, I was predicting that somehow he would lose everything by the time it all ends....well, he is pretty damn close to that right now. But then again, the writers are brilliant at surprising us! Cannot wait for the last two episodes.

PS: I think another dynamic which makes it successful, is what made Sopranos and Mad Men successful as well. That is the contrast between the ruthless business side of the man, and his petty household problems, as he struggles to keep both sides working without interfering with each other.

Renegade
09-17-13, 09:46
But then again, the writers are brilliant at surprising us!

There are no surprises. Things are going almost exactly as many, including myself predicted.

The end appears to be a let down.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-17-13, 12:22
Not for me. Best show I have ever seen.

No.6
09-17-13, 12:39
Just so long as it doesn't end like LOST did. :bad: Highly anticipated, grossly let down.

My guess is that the writers won't let that happen. Please? OK?
Only two episodes left til we all find out.

djegators
09-17-13, 12:47
Yeah...as long it wasn't a coma induced dream and none of it really happened....that would really piss me off.

Big A
09-17-13, 12:58
Yeah...as long it wasn't a coma induced dream and none of it really happened....that would really piss me off.

Walt wakes up in the hospital with Skylar by his side explaining how he passed out at the car wash....God, that would piss me off...:mad:

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-17-13, 13:58
That would be hilarious. They could flashback to Jesse pink man bitching at him for not vacuuming the Funyuns dust out if his seat.

skullworks
09-17-13, 14:01
Yeah, but I think it'll be a bi-product rather than the intended goal. Walt and the M60 is out for revenge; even though it's all his own doing, in Walt's mind the Aryans cost him everything when they killed Hank (and took most of the money - but after Hank's death and the loss of his family Walt no longer cares about the money. )

Did not care for the direction of that last episode though. He started making meth to leave his family with enough money, but now most of that money is gone and his family hates him.
I think that works out perfectly; how many people have died because of Walt? Why should he reap all the benefits?

Tapatapatapatalk

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-17-13, 14:02
That would be hilarious. They could flashback to Jesse pink man bitching at him for not vacuuming the Funyuns dust out if his seat.

And Newhart, Patrick Duffy and an autistic kid standing there.

Trajan
09-17-13, 14:08
I think that works out perfectly; how many people have died because of Walt? Why should he reap all the benefits?

Aside from that kid in the desert on the dirt bike, I can't really think of anyone who he got killed that didn't have it coming.

skullworks
09-17-13, 14:11
Aside from that kid in the desert on the dirt bike, I can't really think of anyone who he got killed that didn't have it coming.
There's Jesse's girlfriend who he could have saved (sorry, being an addict does not warrant a penalty of death, at least not in my book) and all the people who died in the plane crash due to her father's distress... Anyways, but so does Walt - regardless of his motivation.

Tapatapatapatalk

Trajan
09-17-13, 14:22
There's Jesse's girlfriend who he could have saved (sorry, being an addict does not warrant a penalty of death, at least not in my book) and all the people who died in the plane crash due to her father's distress... Anyways, but so does Walt - regardless of his motivation.

Tapatapatapatalk

Yeah, but he didn't save her, he didn't make her OD. The penalty of death was of her own doing.

skullworks
09-17-13, 14:26
Sure, but Walt's motive for not saving her was purely selfish. Killing someone so you can benefit is evil; but "just" letting someone die so you can benefit is only incrementally less evil.

Walt is reaping what he sowed.

Tapatapatapatalk

Larry Vickers
09-17-13, 20:00
I would say the passengers of the crashed aircraft, the kid on the dirt bike, Hank and his partner Gomez - none of them had it coming

CLHC
09-17-13, 21:23
This season's premier showing, shouldn't it have given a clue as to what happens to Walt? His house has been declared vacant as it's boarded up.

Hmac
09-17-13, 21:47
This season's premier showing, shouldn't it have given a clue as to what happens to Walt? His house has been declared vacant as it's boarded up.

Yup. Looks like next episode is likely to close that loop. Assuming that Jesse gets liberated by the finale, I'm guessing it will be an unintended byproduct of Walt's plans for his new M60.

Waylander
09-18-13, 00:08
If somebody is OD-ing you wouldn't at least try to save them?
Besides the people already mentioned I don't think Gale or Mike deserved to die.

I look at it as somebody works their way up to being a cold blooded killer...either they strangle their pet or let somebody die. Whatever. They justify it to themselves.

Walt has always played God. He switched out the ricin for the flower to poison Brock thinking there's no way the kid could die but he was going to use the ricin if that's what it took.

When he had Hector set off the bomb a nurse or anybody could've walked into the room at exactly the wrong time and died.

I can't remember what happened around the time of Walt's last birthday when he made the 51 from his bacon. I'm sure there's something linking the two birthdays and I think he will die on this birthday. He went back to the vacant house to get the ricin but he has an m60 and the ricin takes what a day or two to kill? I think he's saving that for himself if he somehow manages to get out from under the Aryans alive. He doesn't want his family to see him in jail and hopes it will look natural.

I'm sleep deprived right now so all of this may sound like total BS in the morning. :D
-------------------------------

Season 3 and 4 best ever of any show I've seen. The rest of 5 will just be a letdown any way you look at it. I just hope it doesn't go out in a whimper like the Sopranos did.

Waylander
09-18-13, 10:53
Some of the best parts of the show was the comedy.

"Yea, magnets! Bitch!"

It seems like the rest of the season is going to be too serious.

skullworks
09-18-13, 11:28
I just hope it doesn't go out in a whimper like the Sopranos did.
An M60 whimper, bitch! ;)

Tapatapatapatalk

Larry Vickers
09-18-13, 13:38
Walt needs to hope the M60 works when he needs it to or he will find out the hard way why the US military dumped it for the M240 ( FN MAG58)

On that note how about an unrelated to Breaking Bad trivia question; name the first US Military unit to field the MAG 58/M240 as a replacement for the M60 ?

rushca01
09-18-13, 14:01
Walt needs to hope the M60 works when he needs it to or he will find out the hard way why the US military dumped it for the M240 ( FN MAG58)

On that note how about an unrelated to Breaking Bad trivia question; name the first US Military unit to field the MAG 58/M240 as a replacement for the M60 ?

Your unit???

Oh and just started watching breaking bad 2 weeks ago, where have I been?

skullworks
09-18-13, 14:32
Your unit???

Oh and just started watching breaking bad 2 weeks ago, where have I been?

Let's just embrace the fact that you did see the light before the show ended. ;)

Tapatapatapatalk

Waylander
09-18-13, 14:48
Better late than never. :)

Larry Vickers
09-19-13, 08:58
Yes correct !!! Delta was the first unit to field the MAG 58/M240 to replace the M60

And if my memory serves me correct it was followed by the Rangers then the Marine Corps

Then the big Army

When I arrived at the Unit in late 1988 one of my first clues that I was in the Big Leagues was the fact they fielded MAG58's - there were other clues of course but that was a Big one !!!

rushca01
09-19-13, 09:15
Yes correct !!! Delta was the first unit to field the MAG 58/M240 to replace the M60

And if my memory serves me correct it was followed by the Rangers then the Marine Corps

Then the big Army

When I arrived at the Unit in late 1988 one of my first clues that I was in the Big Leagues was the fact they fielded MAG58's - there were other clues of course but that was a Big one !!!

And my prize is.... :D

Big A
09-19-13, 11:14
Another possibility I just thought of...

What if Walt isn't going to rescue Jessie with the M60 but rescue his "product"?

Remember how he was so obsessed with the pruity and color and what not that he didn't want others to try to duplicate it? He only let it go to the Aryans/crazy OCD chic so he could keep his family together. Now his family is gone so the only thing he has left is his product, the blue meth....hmmmmm...

skullworks
09-19-13, 11:24
What if Walt isn't going to rescue Jessie with the M60 but rescue his "product"?
I can pretty much guarantee that Walt did not procure the M60 to save Jessie; after all he asked the Aryans to kill Jessie after he spotted him hiding under the car.

vaglocker
09-19-13, 12:00
Jesse rolling over to the feds is how everything came to this conclusion. No way Walt is going to be concerned with saving him.

Big A
09-19-13, 12:21

Yeah, but I think it'll be a bi-product rather than the intended goal. Walt and the M60 is out for revenge; even though it's all his own doing, in Walt's mind the Aryans cost him everything when they killed Hank (and took most of the money - but after Hank's death and the loss of his family Walt no longer cares about the money. )

Tapatapatapatalk

I can pretty much guarantee that Walt did not procure the M60 to save Jessie; after all he asked the Aryans to kill Jessie after he spotted him hiding under the car.

Jesse rolling over to the feds is how everything came to this conclusion. No way Walt is going to be concerned with saving him.

Wasn't my idea that Walt will save Jessie...

djegators
09-19-13, 17:31
Wasn't my idea that Walt will save Jessie...

Right. Because Jessie is his biggest threat as far as law goes. He already turned once, almost burned down his house, etc. He knows too much, isn't faithful. If Walt finds out he is cooking again, instead of pushing up daisies, that will be too much.

What we need to find out however, is where Walt went, and why he comes back. Apparently he called Saul's guy so he could disappear, to New Hampshire...but we know he comes back to Albuquerque.....

ForTehNguyen
09-19-13, 17:37
Ive heard the final two episodes will be 75 minutes long

Sure, but Walt's motive for not saving her was purely selfish. Killing someone so you can benefit is evil; but "just" letting someone die so you can benefit is only incrementally less evil.

Walt is reaping what he sowed.

Tapatapatapatalk

not really, Jane was trying to blackmail Walt and moving Jessie back to drug addiction

djegators
09-19-13, 18:48
And don't see how Lydia doesn't play a big role in the finish...she always seems eager to kill off anyone who can hurt her...

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-19-13, 18:57
I think the M60 is for Walt to avenge Hank's death. I think the aryans are gonna get a whole bunch of lead aspirins headed their direction.

Waylander
09-19-13, 19:02
I think he may go full Heisenberg and try to take out all the Aryans and Jesse. He's got nothing else to lose.
Or he may be forced to team up with Jesse to kill the Aryans.

ForTehNguyen
09-20-13, 20:18
'Breaking Bad' Normalizes Meth Use, Argues Prosecutor | TIME.com (http://ideas.time.com/2013/09/20/breaking-bad-promotes-meth-use-argues-prosecutor/)

decodeddiesel
09-20-13, 23:11
Caught up on Amazon Prime. I don't think I was breathing during the entire episode. Hank being executed was difficult to watch and beyond brutal. Once again, I'm so impressed with the writing and acting in this show.

I agree, Breaking Bad in my opinion is the best TV series of all time. I think the only other shows that are close are The Sopranos and Dexter (last season was hot garbage).

skullworks
09-21-13, 13:36
I think the only other shows that are close are The Sopranos and Dexter (last season was hot garbage).
With all due respect, Dexter comes nowhere close to The Wire.

Tapatapatapatalk

decodeddiesel
09-21-13, 13:44
With all due respect, Dexter comes nowhere close to The Wire.

Tapatapatapatalk

I've never seen The Wire. Is it that good?

skullworks
09-21-13, 13:50
I've never seen The Wire. Is it that good?
To be honest, in my book Breaking Bad is giving The Wire a run for it's money as being the best show ever. The final two episodes will settle who wins.

As a comment on inner city life in modern America The Wire cannot be beaten.

Tapatapatapatalk

Hmac
09-21-13, 13:57
I though that The Wire was pretty good. IMHO, not as good as Breaking Bad, but in the same league, along with Sopranos, The Shield, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Vikings, Walking Dead, Fringe, Falling Skies.

skullworks
09-21-13, 14:11
I though that The Wire was pretty good. IMHO, not as good as Breaking Bad, but in the same league, along with Sopranos, The Shield, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Vikings, Walking Dead, Fringe, Falling Skies.
Wait, what? You think Falling Skies is even comparable to The Wire (I applaud you on your taste in TV series though)?!

Tapatapatapatalk

Hmac
09-21-13, 14:21
Wait, what? You think Falling Skies is even comparable to The Wire (I applaud you on your taste in TV series though)?!

Tapatapatapatalk

Comparable, but I agree...not as good. Character development and acting in The Wire was as good as I've ever seen on a TV drama, and I agree with your comment on its portrayal of inner city life.

Hell On Wheels was a disappointment, I haven't decided about The Bridge, and jury's still out on Low Winter Sun.

skullworks
09-21-13, 14:53
I like Hell on Wheels. Tried watching The Bridge but since it's based on a Swedish/Danish mini-series (on which I was a technical advisor - seriously I was) and I could not get over the idea of an Asperger homicide detective...

Tapatapatapatalk

Magic_Salad0892
09-22-13, 04:25
Suck it, bro. It's all about Six Feet Under.

skullworks
09-22-13, 06:22
Suck it, bro. It's all about Six Feet Under.
Oh you heretic, you!

GeorgiaBoy
09-22-13, 20:19
Everything is going as has been predicted so far.

Where's the surprise twist? :eek:

ETA: Never knew Grey Matter would come back into play like that.

Waylander
09-22-13, 21:50
Pretty boring episode to be next to last one. It's like they're trying to squeeze too much trivial shit into the last few minutes of the end that needed a few more episodes to play out.
Sorry, I just don't have high hopes for the finale.

F-Trooper05
09-23-13, 03:42
Pretty boring episode to be next to last one. It's like they're trying to squeeze too much trivial shit into the last few minutes of the end that needed a few more episodes to play out.
Sorry, I just don't have high hopes for the finale.

Sorry, but I disagree big time. This episode made me do yet another 180 on my opinion of Walt. Last week I wanted him to get arrested, and this week I want him to get away with everything. Using the intro theme music at the end was epic.

I can't even decide how I want the show to end. The only thing I know for sure is that I want Jesse to kill the living shit out of that sociopath, Todd.

Big A
09-23-13, 06:52
Maybe he's not gunning for the Aryans but the two members of Grey Matter...hmmm....

GeorgiaBoy
09-23-13, 09:04
Maybe he's not gunning for the Aryans but the two members of Grey Matter...hmmm....

I think the ricin will be for them.

Big A
09-23-13, 09:11
I think the ricin will be for them.

I was thinking about that and I agree. Just can't figure out yet how he's gonna give it to them...

Waylander
09-23-13, 10:19
I was thinking about that and I agree. Just can't figure out yet how he's gonna give it to them...

Agreed. Ricin would make sense for them instead of the M60. But how would he ever get close enough to poison them and deal with the Aryans and Jesse in the finale? Going after them is just petty at this point unless there's something I'm missing. Walt sold out before they were successful so he has nobody to blame but himself. The TV interview enraged him but who wouldn't want to distance themselves from a meth kingpin?

Walt has always resented Gretchen and Elliot(?) but as long as he had that huge stack of cash I guess he forgot about them. Now that he's relatively broke again unless he's able to hire the assassins to kill the Aryans and get most of his money back he may go after Grey Matter because in his mind they won. Maybe that's what this has been all about not just making sure his family is taken care of after he's gone. His ego getting the best of him again.

Edit:
Not to mention when Todd told Lydia they scared Skylar into not talking she told him she didn't like loose ends. I think she'll have the Aryans or Todd come after Walt's family and that will provoke him. They definitely aren't out of the picture yet. I'm sure Todd killing Andrea will push Jesse to the edge but whether it makes him weaker or stronger and able to deal with them is the question.

GeorgiaBoy
09-23-13, 11:18
Keep in mind though that the M60 for the AB and ricin for Gray Matter is pretty predictable. Further, we wouldn't even know the M60 exists if it hadn't of been for the first episode. It's like they planted that in our heads and we've been trying to figure out who it's for.

Right now it's all pointing to the AB, but I think the writers may be leading us on and it will end up being completely different.

Waylander
09-23-13, 12:18
Keep in mind though that the M60 for the AB and ricin for Gray Matter is pretty predictable. Further, we wouldn't even know the M60 exists if it hadn't of been for the first episode. It's like they planted that in our heads and we've been trying to figure out who it's for.

Right now it's all pointing to the AB, but I think the writers may be leading us on and it will end up being completely different.
Sure anything's possible but I can't see how it's for anybody but the Aryans. Whether it turns out that way or not? He tried to get Saul to find 5 assassins but I'm almost positive Saul's gone for good. Are there exactly 5 people in the Aryan group or was one maybe intended for somebody else? Lydia maybe?

---------------

Gilligan has said it's been his plan all along to make Walt seem like the good guy that people could relate to and then in the end make people hate him. So the last half season has been Walt changing to Heisenburg. Jesse ratting him out and Hank dying as a result has pushed him too far.

Personally I would end the show with Walt doing some redeeming things (I don't know that he still won't) so people walk away still feeling conflicted like usual instead of totally hating him. The bad things he did before were to bad people more or less and to stay alive. Making him full on bad is just too predictable and boring.

And just an hour and a quarter to sort all of this out in the finale? WTF?

I've always thought the end would focus more around Jesse and think it still could. Him turning from the dumb meth junkie to somebody whose life it nearly destroyed to somebody that makes it out and brings down the kingpin. Jesse realizing Walt has played him all along.

Walt brought the Aryans back into play, crushed Jesse's leverage with Hank gone, and left Jesse beaten and trapped. Now with Todd shooting Andrea in the head and Jesse knowing Walt let his old girlfriend choke to death...wow the rage that guy must be feeling.

Edit:
I think Walt may end up saving his family from crazy lady and the Aryans to redeem himself to them.

skullworks
09-23-13, 12:20
I agree; the ricin is for the Grey Matter-couple. If we know one thing about Walt it is that he's vain; seeing them disrespect him like that (once again) now that he has nothing to lose will result in a death sentence.

As to Walt's ability to get close enough to administer it; I have full confidence in his ability to perform evil deeds.

Tapatapatapatalk

Koshinn
09-23-13, 15:14
I thought it was pretty ridiculous that they didn't lock the cage door to Jesse's cell.

I found this online:

Any advice for viewers going into the finale in terms of pacing themselves, properly medicating themselves, etc.?

I think they should do some deep breathing. Sit in a comfortable chair. Try not to eat for 45 minutes before. Each of these episodes screened, and I’m so excited about the response. I think Vince really stuck it. I think it brings home everything that we’ve been doing. I think it’s totally true to the show that we’ve done so far. I really hope people like it.

ForTehNguyen
09-23-13, 19:27
i think him watching the Grey Matter thing was just a kick in the ass for him to stop hiding and do something. Because he was in NH feeling sorry for himself for a few months almost like he had given up. The Grey Matter interview reignited Heisenberg

Renegade
09-23-13, 19:40
I thought it was pretty ridiculous that they didn't lock the cage door to Jesse's cell.

No more ridiculous than he escaped with it unlocked. Even unlocked, pushing the grate up and over while hanging with one hand is near impossible even for a super fit person.

The final few episodes have been underwhelming and unexplainable to say the least. Last night was another filler with almost nothing (other then head cap).

I still cannot figure out why Walt is on the run. He is safer now then before the shootout, as there is still no evidence and they only two people who knew anything are dead.

Why in the world would the Nazis steal $60M from a drug kingpin and let him live?

Why is Saul on the run?

Two Months have now passed and the Nazis can cook at 96%. Pinkman should have been dead for weeks now. But I bet he is still alive.

With all the people Walt needs to kill, he is now going to add Grey Matter to the list? Really?

jaydoc1
09-23-13, 21:24
Two Months have now passed and the Nazis can cook at 96%. Pinkman should have been dead for weeks now. But I bet he is still alive.

Pinkman is who cooked the 96% pure (blue) meth. Not the Nazis. That's precisely why he's still alive. And why they killed his girlfriend. A warning of what will happen to the kid if he doesn't keep cooking.

Waylander
09-23-13, 21:33
Yea no shit. The skin heads kill two cops but let Walt live?? They've just pissed off a guy that was smart enough to coordinate what 10-12 simultaneous killings across several prisons in a short time. They're clearly not the brightest bulbs.

I would imagine Walt thinks the DEA will take him down evidence or not and somebody kill him in revenge or at least make him spend his final days in jail or tied up legally. Saul just got the shit beat out of him so he's had enough
and isn't suicidal enough to stick around to see the shit go south.

I think Todd is too stupid and hung up on crazy lady to focus on cooking so Jesse is still cooking.
Edit:
jaydoc1 beat me to it.

Agreed about Grey Matter. Seems like a stupid angle to go at the last minute if it goes anywhere.

GeorgiaBoy
09-23-13, 21:52
Agreed about Grey Matter. Seems like a stupid angle to go at the last minute if it goes anywhere.
I disagree. Grey Matter is one of the most important (although it stays in the shadows) aspects of the show.

Had Walt never left the company, he would be rich and would have never had a reason to cook meth to provide for his family before his death. Walt has hated himself for decades for selling out. And Gretchen and Elliot publicly humiliating him and down playing his role was the final straw.

Grey Matter was something that needed to be wrapped up.

Renegade
09-23-13, 22:07
Pinkman is who cooked the 96% pure (blue) meth. Not the Nazis. That's precisely why he's still alive. And why they killed his girlfriend. A warning of what will happen to the kid if he doesn't keep cooking.

Exactly. So if a dumbass like Pinkman can learn it from Walt, The nazis should be able to learn it by now from Pinkman. They were already making good meth without him, so they clearly had much better cooking skills then Pinkman had before Walt taught him. The point being the Nazis were far smarter cooks than Pinkman.

Keep in mind the last episode was a couple of months chronolgically.

Waylander
09-23-13, 22:07
I disagree. Grey Matter is one of the most important (although it stays in the shadows) aspects of the show.

Had Walt never left the company, he would be rich and would have never had a reason to cook meth to provide for his family before his death. Walt has hated himself for decades for selling out. And Gretchen and Elliot publicly humiliating him and down playing his role was the final straw.

It's not the point about the reasoning Walt is using to hate them because like I said he sold out and they made it fair and square. So now he's relatively broke so he zeros back in on them? My point is it's really petty and boring for that to be one of his big driving forces. OK say Walt poisons them. Big freakin' deal. It just takes away from the story line and even worse if he was to mow them down with the M60. Either one of those is the huge plot twist? Really? Wake me up when it's over. I don't think the writers are that dumb.

Renegade
09-23-13, 22:15
I would imagine Walt thinks the DEA will take him down evidence or not

Nobody in the DEA knew. Hank was running the investigation off the books out of his garage. Walt knew that. He must have said it a dozen times- if they have something they would arrest us by now to Skylar. With Hank and Gomez dead, and Pinkman exposed as the snitch in custody about to be killed by the Nazis, the future was never better for Walt legally, yet he chose to run?

It seems to me this second half of the season is being forced to fit a mold, and is not a natural flow.

Renegade
09-23-13, 22:23

So it is being wrapped as a result of some random chance Walt saw them on TV doing an interview? Had he not had the TV on at that instant, nothing would have done? it lacks logical plot flow.

Hunter Rose
09-24-13, 11:00
While this episode was not nearly as exciting as the one prior too it, it was necessary to fill in the year between Walt leaving Albuquerque and returning with an M-60. There was also some great character development. Walt left and he was still plotting revenge. Utlimately (after phoning his son), he is a broken man who has nothing, no family or means to provide for them and, more importantly, no legacy/life's accomplishment (in the form of his accumulated earnings stolen by the Aryans. In the bar, Walt finally and truly gave up and decided to end it/turn himself in.

Then the Grey Matter TV interview fanned that last flame of hubris in Walt, and set him on a course to not go down without a fight. Breaking Bad has kept to the theme of Walt's inevitable descent into evil. I think it will stay true to this and there will be no huge redemption/happy ending. My prediction:

EVERYONE DIES!

The ricin is for Lydia to protect his family. The M-60 is for the Aryans and pure vengeance for Hank and stealing his money. Walt then kills Jesse since he holds Jesse responsible for his downfall (had Jesse been stronger he would have gotten away with it).

Then I see one of two closing scenes, either Walt dies alone somewhere or he turns himself in, confesses to everything to shield his family (a mild character redemption), then commits suicide with a portion of the left over ricin.

Looking forward to the final episode.

Waylander
09-24-13, 11:55
While this episode was not nearly as exciting as the one prior too it, it was necessary to fill in the year between Walt leaving Albuquerque and returning with an M-60. There was also some great character development. Walt left and he was still plotting revenge. Utlimately (after phoning his son), he is a broken man who has nothing, no family or means to provide for them and, more importantly, no legacy/life's accomplishment (in the form of his accumulated earnings stolen by the Aryans. In the bar, Walt finally and truly gave up and decided to end it/turn himself in.

Then the Grey Matter TV interview fanned that last flame of hubris in Walt, and set him on a course to not go down without a fight. Breaking Bad has kept to the theme of Walt's inevitable descent into evil. I think it will stay true to this and there will be no huge redemption/happy ending. My prediction:

EVERYONE DIES!

The ricin is for Lydia to protect his family. The M-60 is for the Aryans and pure vengeance for Hank and stealing his money. Walt then kills Jesse since he holds Jesse responsible for his downfall (had Jesse been stronger he would have gotten away with it).

Then I see one of two closing scenes, either Walt dies alone somewhere or he turns himself in, confesses to everything to shield his family (a mild character redemption), then commits suicide with a portion of the left over ricin.

Looking forward to the final episode.

All good points. Something occurred to me though. While Walt has always resented Grey Matter but notice how in the interview blue meth was mentioned off the cuff. Doesn't that seem a little odd to be part of an interview with people that probably wouldn't even know what in the hell 'blue' meth is? Blue meth...not highly pure or super addictive meth but 'blue' meth reappearing as far as Europe. I think even though Grey Matter aggravated Walt, the coincidental timing of the blue meth reappearing set Walt on the rampage not Grey Matter.

That was his Heisenburg signature and his own creation that even Grey Matter couldn't touch in his mind in terms of genius and raw cash potential. Remember "Say my name" and he couldn't resist to propose to Hank that Heisenburg was still out there. It's his legacy not Grey Matter and taking care of his family was only secondary to his ego.

Before your post I almost said Walt would have to know Jesse cooked the blue meth and he was headed for Jesse. But if an entire year has passed I'm not sure. I still can't help but believe Jesse will be a big part of the finale. I think Jesse may win out just so good triumphs over evil if you will -- if you're to believe Gilligan. Not saying that's the best or most exciting outcome since Jesse I think is still too clumsy to pull it off. I think Walt will have his due vengeance but Jesse may end up with the upper hand somehow even if it's just luck and coincidence.

Renegade
09-24-13, 12:03
While Walt has always resented Grey Matter but notice how in the interview blue meth was mentioned off the cuff. Doesn't that seem a little odd to be part of an interview with people that probably wouldn't even know what in the hell 'blue' meth is? Blue meth...not highly pure or super addictive meth but 'blue' meth reappearing as far as Europe. I think even though Grey Matter aggravated Walt, the coincidental timing of the blue meth reappearing set Walt on the rampage not Grey Matter.

How did Blue Meth Get linked to Walt in the media? As mentioned earlier, everyone (Hank and he only told Gomez) who knew Walt was Heisenberg are dead.

Hmac
09-24-13, 12:16
All good points. Something occurred to me though. While Walt has always resented Grey Matter but notice how in the interview blue meth was mentioned off the cuff. Doesn't that seem a little odd to be part of an interview with people that probably wouldn't even know what in the hell 'blue' meth is? Blue meth...not highly pure or super addictive meth but 'blue' meth reappearing as far as Europe. I think even though Grey Matter aggravated Walt, the coincidental timing of the blue meth reappearing set Walt on the rampage not Grey Matter.

That was his Heisenburg signature and his own creation that even Grey Matter couldn't touch in his mind in terms of genius and raw cash potential. Remember "Say my name" and he couldn't resist to propose to Hank that Heisenburg was still out there. It's his legacy not Grey Matter and taking care of his family was only secondary to his ego.

Before your post I almost said Walt would have to know Jesse cooked the blue meth and he was headed for Jesse. But if an entire year has passed I'm not sure. I still can't help but believe Jesse will be a big part of the finale. I think Jesse may win out just so good triumphs over evil if you will -- if you're to believe Gilligan. Not saying that's the best or most exciting outcome since Jesse I think is still too clumsy to pull it off. I think Walt will have his due vengeance but Jesse may end up with the upper hand somehow even if it's just luck and coincidence.

That's how I see it too. They have gone, and continue to go, to great lengths to make Jesse seem redeemable and to heap on the suffering while making his tormenters seem un-redeemable. He's the only one in the show we can really root for now. I have to believe that, for there to be any uplifting component to the show at all, Jesse has to survive with at least some hope intact and with extracting some degree of vengeance. How would they write it so that Jesse kills Todd, Walt kill everyone else, then dies himself without killing Jesse?

Waylander
09-24-13, 12:25
How did Blue Meth Get linked to Walt in the media? As mentioned earlier, everyone (Hank and he only told Gomez) who knew Walt was Heisenberg are dead.

That was sort of the other point I was trying to make is it's like the writers threw 'blue' meth in there haphazardly just to have an angle to get Walt on the war path. Small gripe of mine but it doesn't make sense. I guess there was really no one in the loop to get the word to him in the middle of nowhere so they had to get creative.

It may not matter but Hank's wife knows. The Aryans didn't destroy all the paperwork because you could see it blowing all over Hank's driveway. The writer's didn't leave that in there for nothing. Just one piece of the right paperwork of Hank's notes. I think that's another reason Walt is in hiding I think is the DEA got more than they're letting on.

You wondered why Saul left town. Remember Huell? Hank and Gomez lied to him and showed him the staged picture of Jesse's head blown off. Huell knew everything that went on in Saul's operation for years. Hank and Gomez are dead so maybe Huell wants protection so gives up Saul.

That's how I see it too. They have gone, and continue to go, to great lengths to make Jesse seem redeemable and to heap on the suffering while making his tormenters seem un-redeemable. He's the only one in the show we can really root for now. I have to believe that, for there to be any uplifting component to the show at all, Jesse has to survive with at least some hope intact.

Exactly. Why has Jesse been such an integral part of the show just to be killed off without getting revenge on Walt? Walt has beaten him like a stray dog and he's stayed around. He's lied, betrayed and manipulated him all along. Why has Walt kept him around, hell even risked his life for him several times? He could have easily had Jesse replaced with somebody more competent. And it wasn't because Walt has much of a conscience or empathy for Jesse.

Maybe at one point he hoped his legacy could live on through Jesse. Remember how he kept pushing Jesse to stay with him after Mike and the other two parted ways with the business? He was his pupil. Even Gale hadn't mastered the purity.

decodeddiesel
09-24-13, 12:28
That's how I see it too. They have gone, and continue to go, to great lengths to make Jesse seem redeemable and to heap on the suffering while making his tormenters seem un-redeemable. He's the only one in the show we can really root for now. I have to believe that, for there to be any uplifting component to the show at all, Jesse has to survive with at least some hope intact and with extracting some degree of vengeance. How would they write it so that Jesse kills Todd, Walt kill everyone else, then dies himself without killing Jesse?

I agree, but the really funny part about this is that as the show was originally scripted Jesse was supposed to die at the end of Season 1.

skullworks
09-24-13, 12:37
Renegade, don't forget that Hank's wife already forced Walt's wife to confess to Walter Jr. The genie is out of the bottle and after Walt killed Hank and took off with their daughter (no matter the fact that he gave her back via firemen proxy within hours) Skyler will have told the police and DEA all she knows that won't land herself in trouble. Blue meth was already known to the authorities, thanks to Skyler now they know the cook.

Tapatapatapatalk

Big A
09-24-13, 12:50
Nobody in the DEA knew. Hank was running the investigation off the books out of his garage. Walt knew that. He must have said it a dozen times- if they have something they would arrest us by now to Skylar. With Hank and Gomez dead, and Pinkman exposed as the snitch in custody about to be killed by the Nazis, the future was never better for Walt legally, yet he chose to run?

It seems to me this second half of the season is being forced to fit a mold, and is not a natural flow.

Hanks wife tells whomever at the DEA what Hank was working on and what she knows. Skylar spills her guts. The two guys that were bringing Hank the files knew something was up but not everythig, DEA starts piecing together all this and voi'la, Walt is now public enemy #1...

Hmac
09-24-13, 12:51
I watch Breaking Bad via iTunes. Got this email from them today....looks like a good deal. Some people will complain about the dumbest things.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any confusion the naming of "Season 5" and "The Final Season" of Breaking Bad might have caused you. While the names of the seasons and episodes associated with them were not chosen by iTunes, we'd like to offer you "The Final Season" on us by providing you with the iTunes code below in the amount of $22.99. This credit can also be used for any other content on the iTunes Store. Thank you for your purchase.

Detailed instructions for redeeming the code can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/hk247bt.

Code
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards,

iTunes Customer Support

F-Trooper05
09-24-13, 12:53
The way it should be:

The ricin is for himself. Walt has too much pride to let anybody or anything take him down (including cancer), so he's going out on his own terms.

The M60 is for the Skinheads. They're screwed. End of story.

Jesse gets away with the kid. He's the only likable character left. No other way around it.

Lydia gets arrested. It's the only thing she's scared shitless of, and is the reason she's constantly trying to have people whacked. Her going to jail is way worse than getting killed.

Grey Matter is out of the picture from here on out. The TV interview was simply lighting a fire under Walt's ass, and reminding him why he started this mess to begin with.

The way it will be:

Everyone dies, including Jesse and the kid. Skyler goes to jail, and Marie gets the kids.

The meth world is dark, and there are no happy ending's

F-Trooper05
09-24-13, 13:00
Anybody see these...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/Breakingbad1_zpsa4d947cc.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/millert12005/media/Breakingbad1_zpsa4d947cc.jpg.html)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/Breakingbad2_zps85935668.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/millert12005/media/Breakingbad2_zps85935668.jpg.html)

Renegade
09-24-13, 13:21
It may not matter but Hank's wife knows. The Aryans didn't destroy all the paperwork because you could see it blowing all over Hank's driveway.

Renegade, don't forget that Hank's wife already forced Walt's wife to confess to Walter Jr. The genie is out of the bottle and after Walt killed Hank

Hanks wife tells whomever at the DEA what Hank was working on and what she knows. .

First, Skullworks - There are two things Walt is being blamed for that he did not do. Walt did not kill Hank, and he did not pull a knife on Skylar. He tried to save Hank, and tried to take the knife away from Skylar, who was trying to kill him.

Now back to being on the run. Walt went on the run before he knew any of the info you guys mentioned. Before he knew Skylar told Junior. Before he even knew Skylar knew he was arrested. From his viewpoint, all the loose ends were cleaned up. Hank/Gomez dead, Pinkman about to be. He was home free.

With Hank and Gomez dead, he should have come home like any other day. When confronted by Marie that he was arrested, he should have laughed it off. Obviously I am not under arrest.

Now if he was confronted by Junior who says Skylar said he was was a drug dealer, immediately go into Hank is Heisenberg and he manipulated me as per the DVD, and now Hank is not even alive to defend himself, and in a twist of irony, he really was killed by rival Heisenberg drug dealers.

Papers on the driveway - well Hank had access to ALL of those and Pinkmans confession and still not enough for an arrest warrant.

Sure Hanks wife could tell the DEA, but she knows less thank Hank, which, was not enough for an arrest warrant.

I do not want to beat a dead horse, but Walt on the run is not supported by an logical plot we have been given.

Waylander
09-24-13, 15:55
Fring was tied partly to meth through Gale. Now there's a direct tie from Gale to Walt. Gale and Fring are dead.

Hank built a good enough case to convince his superiors he was right about Fring. Walt would be stupid not to assume Hank has enough evidence now with Jesse to convince his superiors to take him down.

I'm sure he knows the skinheads are a huge risk especially if they realize they just let a kingpin go free after stealing his money. He's scared for his family. He'd have to hire more hit men to kill the hit men if he stayed.

Marie and Skylar know Hank arrested Walt and Hank is dead. Walt admitted to cooking meth on the "confession" DVD.

Walt planned on taking his wife and kids out of town with him but Skylar turned on him. Why wouldn't he assume she won't rat him out? He knows after this there's no way he can convince her and Marie he didn't have a hand in Hank's death.

Renegade
09-24-13, 16:13
Walt would be stupid not to assume Hank has enough evidence now with Jesse to convince his superiors to take him down.

But Hank didn't have enough evidence even with Jess hence no arrest warrant and the attempt to trick Walt to show his drug money. It was not just Hank who knew they lacked evidence, but Gomez too.

Renegade
09-24-13, 16:19
Marie and Skylar know Hank arrested Walt and Hank is dead.

Neither Marie and Skylar knew Hank was dead at that time

If Walt came home from the shootout and called BULLSHIT on being arrested, it would be easily proven legally there was no record of arrest. Another phony story from the known kleptomaniac. Sklyar would have seen this as a trick Marie played on her to drag Junior into this mess, and she would have resented Marie for it.

IMO this would have been a good plot direction if they had enough episodes to work with it. I actually though this was how it was going to go, with Pinkman escaping to see Walt get away with it "one more time". Then Pinkman going to war with Walt and the Nazis.

skullworks
09-24-13, 16:50
First, Skullworks - There are two things Walt is being blamed for that he did not do. Walt did not kill Hank
Sir, if you hire a hitman (let alone a shitload of neo-nazi hitmen) to kill someone you ARE responsible for the death of that person. Sure, I agree you didn't pull the trigger but you conspired to have the person killed (and I'm willing to bet that no U.S. court of law will have pity on you because you had second thoughts once things were set in motion.) And yeah, I know; Walt didn't specifically ask them to kill Hank or Gomey, but what else did he expect after he had used them to kill Mike's men?

...and he did not pull a knife on Skylar. He tried to save Hank, and tried to take the knife away from Skylar, who was trying to kill him.
Ok; two things: 1. Skylar did not try to kill Walt; she tried to get him to leave after she realised he'd been instrumental in the death of Hank. 2. It does not matter what Walt is guilty of vs being accused of: he is a criminal who has killed and/or conspired to have numerous people killed.

Now back to being on the run. Walt went on the run before he knew any of the info you guys mentioned. Before he knew Skylar told Junior. Before he even knew Skylar knew he was arrested. From his viewpoint, all the loose ends were cleaned up. Hank/Gomez dead, Pinkman about to be. He was home free.
Not quite; Walt did not know that Skylar had told JR, correct. But when Walt came home and Skylar asked about Hank he more or less told her Hank was dead, and since she knows Walt is dangerous (by his own confession) she kept pushing the issue. Walt's response (or lack thereof) told Skylar that Hank was dead and that Walt was (in some way) responsible - heck, he told her Hank wasn't coming back!
Also, Walt did not know that Hank hadn't told anyone else than Gomey; if nothing else he could not risk acting based on that assumption. Two DEA agents dead because you placed a phone call? Might be a good idea to leave town.

With Hank and Gomez dead, he should have come home like any other day. When confronted by Marie that he was arrested, he should have laughed it off. Obviously I am not under arrest.

Now if he was confronted by Junior who says Skylar said he was was a drug dealer, immediately go into Hank is Heisenberg and he manipulated me as per the DVD, and now Hank is not even alive to defend himself, and in a twist of irony, he really was killed by rival Heisenberg drug dealers.
You're skipping over one very important fact though: Walt does feel VERY responsible for Hank's death (and rightly so.) Sure, if he didn't give a shit about Hank he could probably have pretended like nothing. However, as evident by Walt's pleading, Hank's well-being was of importance, hence Walt's ability to pretend as thought everything's A-okay is severely hampered.

Waylander
09-24-13, 16:57
But Hank didn't have enough evidence even with Jess hence no arrest warrant and the attempt to trick Walt to show his drug money. It was not just Hank who knew they lacked evidence, but Gomez too.

Walt didn't have possession of the money so I could argue they would have to trick him to locate it to tie him to it. Only Hank and Gomez knew they lacked evidence but Walt didn't know that at the time. I'm sure if Walt wouldn't have been in panic mode he could have reasoned it was a trap.

Neither Marie and Skylar knew Hank was dead at that time

If Walt came home from the shootout and called BULLSHIT on being arrested, it would be easily proven legally there was no record of arrest. Another phony story from the known kleptomaniac. Sklyar would have seen this as a trick Marie played on her to drag Junior into this mess, and she would have resented Marie for it.

IMO this would have been a good plot direction if they had enough episodes to work with it. I actually though this was how it was going to go, with Pinkman escaping to see Walt get away with it "one more time". Then Pinkman going to war with Walt and the Nazis.

Skylar assumed Hank was dead and when Walt couldn't give an answer that was the only conclusion. He was freaked out by Hank's death and too guilty to lie his way out this time because he knew with Hank dead everything would fall apart.

You're assuming Walt would be approaching this with a level head and the DEA would need concrete proof for him to be scared enough to run.

He was obviously panicked and not thinking clearly when he decided to leave. Even still if the Feds only arrested him for one day on suspicion that's one day his family is exposed. He had to get them far enough away from the skinheads.

Edit:
Now we see what he saw all along that psycho lady and the skinheads are coming to threaten Walt's wife and will probably come next time to kill his family!

Renegade
09-24-13, 17:25
Sir, if you hire a hitman (let alone a shitload of neo-nazi hitmen) to kill someone you ARE responsible for the death of that person.

You are using information not available to Marie or Skylar. They have no knowledge he hired anyone to kill Pinkman. Their claims he killed Walt have no facts to back them up.

when Walt came home and Skylar asked about Hank he more or less told her Hank was dead,

Which is my entire point. The smart play was to go with nothing interesting happened today. "Bullshit I was arrested. Marie is a liar. If you do not believe me call the Police DEA, etc." I have never been arrested.

Renegade
09-24-13, 17:29
Only Hank and Gomez knew they lacked evidence but Walt didn't know that at the time.

Walt told skylar a dozen time if they had evidence we would be arrested. It was a well-established fact they had no evidence.Several episodes revolved around Hank trying to gdig up evidence. Hence the effort to flip Pinkman, get the money, get some kind of evidence.

Now we see what he saw all along that psycho lady and the skinheads are coming to threaten Walt's wife and will probably come next time to kill his family!

I think there is no doubt the nazis are cold killers, beyond anything walt is capable of. First Hank, then the mom.

Waylander
09-24-13, 17:37
Walt told skylar a dozen time if they had evidence we would be arrested. It was a well-established fact they had no evidence.Several episodes revolved around Hank trying to gdig up evidence. Hence the effort to flip Pinkman, get the money, get some kind of evidence.

I'm referring to when they were all in the desert. Walt just found out Jesse was a rat. For all he knew this was Hank's last step to arresting him and had gotten the OK or at least left enough evidence behind to bring Walt down. Walt would be stupid to stick around and see what new evidence they did or didn't have.

Honu
09-24-13, 17:58
if I bury 80 million I am going to bury say 1 million and mark that but make sure I know how far off the real money is :) so when this happens I only loose a million :) not 80 :)

walt still loves family and he says we are family etc..

jesse is kinda like family to him that is why before he was spared and why he wanted to spare hank still

he has reason to kill the Aryans for that alone but what will he do to jesse ? hmmmmmm

Renegade
09-24-13, 18:01
if I bury 80 million I am going to bury say 1 million and mark that but make sure I know how far off the real money is :) so when this happens I only loose a million :) not 80 :)

I know, I know. Nobody buries all $72M in one place. I should not even get started on these other plot lines with glaring holes like that.

Waylander
09-24-13, 18:18
Ever notice how Jesse always calls Walt Mr. White still?
I always thought Walt cared for Jesse especially when he got clean. Now I think it was more about Jesse being his loyal dog/servant gullible enough to manipulate and keep under control for the most part. Jesse respected him and it seemed like he didn't get much respect in the classroom.

I'm still not sure about Walt and Hank. Walt could have easily paid the skinheads to kill him and had an airtight alibi and just made it look like a drug cartel hit. But I think Walt enjoyed the chase and being one step ahead of Hank more than any closeness.

GeorgiaBoy
09-24-13, 18:24
So it is being wrapped as a result of some random chance Walt saw them on TV doing an interview? Had he not had the TV on at that instant, nothing would have done? it lacks logical plot flow.

All sorts things in the show came from 'random chance'.

And yes, If he hadn't have had the TV on he would be in prison now. That would have been the end. It's because of that random chance and therefor a revelation that he is going back to ABQ.

jaydoc1
09-24-13, 18:30
Plot holes aside, I have really missed the show's trademark dark humor in these last episodes. I have no doubt that nothing uplifting is going to happen in the final episode. Every single character save Junior is guilty if something in this show. But, Man the last several episodes have been grim.

Larry Vickers
09-24-13, 18:39
Man Renegade you should do a show

Maybe you could be the next Vince Gilligan...

For real.... :rolleyes:

Renegade
09-24-13, 18:44
Man Renegade you should do a show

Maybe you could be the next Vince Gilligan...

For real.... :rolleyes:

The show has gone almost exactly as I wrote it except since the shootout. It is like they lost the remaining scripts and made shit up instead of asking me to send them another copy.

Waylander
09-24-13, 20:09
Plot holes aside, I have really missed the show's trademark dark humor in these last episodes. I have no doubt that nothing uplifting is going to happen in the final episode. Every single character save Junior is guilty if something in this show. But, Man the last several episodes have been grim.

Yep some great humor that will be missed.

decodeddiesel
09-25-13, 10:25

Yeah man, these last few episodes are getting really cold and brutal. I was really yearning for some sort of comic relief to kind of soften the blow of Hank being executed or Andrea getting her head blow off. Just brutal. Even Gus and Mike, whom I consider to be the most professional characters on the show, had their moments.

skullworks
09-25-13, 11:12
Vince Gilligan has stated that he wanted to turn the protagonist into the antagonist, so I wouldn't bet on any last moment redemptions.

Tapatapatapatalk

Waylander
09-25-13, 16:15
I always assumed by that he meant Walt. I wonder if that means Jesse too? If anybody Jesse would be more of a protagonist than Walt but both of them have a lot of blood on their hands.

GeorgiaBoy
09-29-13, 20:24
What was that whining about using the last episode to wrap up Gretchen and Elliot's storyline? ;)

Koshinn
09-29-13, 20:55
Wait is this 2 hrs long?

Stupid question I guess, since there's 4 min left and it's just finishing setting up for the ending an hour in.

decodeddiesel
09-29-13, 21:06
Ugh, I hope Amazon posts it soon.

GeorgiaBoy
09-29-13, 21:10
Wait is this 2 hrs long?

Stupid question I guess, since there's 4 min left and it's just finishing setting up for the ending an hour in.

Hour and fifteen minutes.

Koshinn
09-29-13, 21:15
Oh. An hour 15.

CLHC
09-29-13, 21:23
It's over!

Koshinn
09-29-13, 21:28
So what did you guys think?

GeorgiaBoy
09-29-13, 21:35
So what did you guys think?

I thought it wrapped the story up well.

Was surprised Gray Matter wasn't actually a target.

Koshinn
09-29-13, 21:38
I liked it too, but it wasn't the best episode in the last few weeks.

Trajan
09-29-13, 21:46
I don't think it was actually any longer than a regular episode, seems like the commercial breaks were longer, but I could be wrong.

I have mixed feelings on the ending. I was hoping Walt would get away with it somehow and be reunited with his family. I'm just really glad there wasn't any loose ends.

I do like how Badger and Skinny Pete made a reappearance for comedic relief.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-29-13, 21:50
Everything I wanted happened. (1) Walt had to go, (2) Jesse needed to live, (3) Walt needed to take care of his family, (4) Lydia and Todd needed to go on a date in Hell.

Larry Vickers
09-29-13, 21:53
I liked it - I thought they did a very good job of wrapping everything up

Very good creative use of the M60 and glad to see it worked good for Walt - most likely a fairly new gun; that would explain it as it would have laid down quickly if it was a rebuilt POS stolen from a unit armory somewhere

ForTehNguyen
09-29-13, 21:59
I have mixed feelings on the ending. I was hoping Walt would get away with it somehow and be reunited with his family. I'm just really glad there wasn't any loose ends.

his family hates him now, he cant come back

Koshinn
09-29-13, 22:00
I'm surprised the M60 got the guy on that chair that inflated. He seemed like he was below the bullet sweep.

Magic_Salad0892
09-30-13, 00:21
So what happened? I don't care about spoilers.

SilverBullet432
09-30-13, 00:36

x2 we must know, i need to start from #1

Honu
09-30-13, 00:40
I kinda thought Jessie would live since he is like family to walt and walt loves his family

also great he got a way to get some funds back to his kid :) that was classic how he did it :) hahahahaha

Travis B
09-30-13, 01:38

Walt returned to kill the Aryans, release Jesse and provide Skylar with evidence to free her name. Then he died from a bullet wound (kind of self inflicted).

Waylander
09-30-13, 01:52

Killing them would've been petty and overkill. Not something Walt would want to be remembered for or at least not his style. Blackmail was a good fit.

Honu
09-30-13, 02:05
Killing them would've been petty and overkill. Not something Walt would want to be remembered for or at least not his style. Blackmail was a good fit.

ditto plus he got to benefit himself and his family and he knows they will hate the fear and it very well might destroy them mentally :) hahaah

better than killing them :) as they say a mind is a good thing to screw with

skullworks
09-30-13, 03:12
And he finally admitted he did it for himself. I'm very pleased with how the show ended - Walt finally did beat his cancer.

Tapatapatapatalk

F-Trooper05
09-30-13, 04:49
I can't believe it's over. :(

P.S.

Could they have picked a more perfect song for the finale?

"Guess I got what I deserved... The special love I have for you. My baby blue"

Larry Vickers
09-30-13, 05:43
You guys watch Talking Bad after the show ? I was moved by Jonathan Banks comments that he has been working in show business for over 40 years and working on BB is as good as it gets; how every single person involved, no matter what their job was, cared so much about the work they were doing - no doubt that's the real reason the show was so good

I understood where he was coming from - it reminded me of my time in the Unit and the realization that I'll never have that again; you just have to take comfort in the fact that at least you had it once in your life - many if not most people never experience that feeling even once in their life

skullworks
09-30-13, 06:50
I've watched the previous episodes of Talking Bad, didn't have a chance to see it this time. The episode with Dean Norris after Hank had been killed was a good one as well.

djegators
09-30-13, 17:55
A lot of people are saying THE best show ever...well, its certainly the best right now, and is on my all-time list for sure.

And I am so thankful for the ending...they tied up all the loose ends, they didn't leave you with ambiguity, and some of the characters will be OK, some good, some ruined...in other words, no fairy tale ending.

Thanks to the folks who made BB possible, it was certainly a joy to watch, and it will be missed.

Other than that, all I can say is, it never surprised me, I knew what would happen the whole time :agree:

ForTehNguyen
09-30-13, 18:33
I thought it wrapped the story up well.

needs gray matter to setup the trust for Flynn to give Walt's final gift to his family. Killing Gray Matter wouldnt have accomplished anything, the show is smarter than that.

Renegade
09-30-13, 18:59
Could they have picked a more perfect song for the finale?

"Guess I got what I deserved... The special love I have for you. My baby blue"

I was thinking the same thing. Have not heard that song in decades. Great choice.

GeorgiaBoy
09-30-13, 19:07
needs gray matter to setup the trust for Flynn to give Walt's final gift to his family. Killing Gray Matter wouldnt have accomplished anything, the show is smarter than that.

While I agree that it made perfect sense for Walt to do what he did, up until he said he had to "give them something" everything was pointing to that he would kill them.

It was a good plot twist.

Waylander
09-30-13, 19:49
While I agree that it made perfect sense for Walt to do what he did, up until he said he had to "give them something" everything was pointing to that he would kill them.

Define everything.

djegators
09-30-13, 20:33

And him seeing them on TV was obviously his inspiration for the entire final...as we know he was ready to give it all up in an effort to try to save Skyler what he could, and slowly die in prison. But in that moment, his anger at Gray Matter, brought back Heisenberg for one final brilliant scheme...

Waylander
09-30-13, 21:07
And him seeing them on TV was obviously his inspiration for the entire final...as we know he was ready to give it all up in an effort to try to save Skyler what he could, and slowly die in prison. But in that moment, his anger at Gray Matter, brought back Heisenberg for one final brilliant scheme...

I disagree. Gray Matter may have helped him decide not to give up but hearing about blue meth sent him to find Jesse, Lydia, Todd and the Aryans.

Blackmailing them was an afterthought.

skullworks
10-01-13, 05:05
I disagree. Gray Matter may have helped him decide not to give up but hearing about blue meth sent him to find Jesse, Lydia, Todd and the Aryans.

I believe you are correct.

Tapatapatapatalk

ClearedHot
10-01-13, 06:56
Great series finale. However, I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if that M60 fired off a few rounds then suffered a failure to feed malfunction. The old M60's were known to be less than reliable. Walt might have been better off rigging a PKM or a 240B. :D

djegators
10-01-13, 08:44

I see that, because he then realized that the Aryans lied and didn't kill Jesse...of course we thought at that moment his goal was to kill Jesse too...but in the end he saved him.

skullworks
10-01-13, 09:47
I think his intention was to kill Jesse as well - and it remained so up to the very point when he realized that Jesse had been held captive (and had been visibly abused.)

Tapatapatapatalk

djegators
10-01-13, 11:04
Somewhere along the way I think he changed his mind...could have been anywhere from figuring out that they Aryans were using him as slave labor to the point he saw him in person again. Perhaps it happened when he was looking at Flynn for the last time, and his remembrance of hi father figure status to Jesse came back to him.

Waylander
10-01-13, 12:41
Somewhere along the way I think he changed his mind...could have been anywhere from figuring out that they Aryans were using him as slave labor to the point he saw him in person again. Perhaps it happened when he was looking at Flynn for the last time, and his remembrance of hi father figure status to Jesse came back to him.

My thinking is similar. I brought up before the season finale how Jesse always still called Walt Mr. White. Walt rescued Jesse from so many situations even risking his own life when he really thought of Jesse as just a dumb junkie he could've just let OD, be killed or go his own way. Even when Jesse was clean Walt always expected him to wise up and become a decent student. Walt said being the cook made him feel alive so he wasn't satisfied with his home life. I think at some point Jesse became to Walt what Flynn couldn't be. Jesse was the only one to have mastered his meth cook - while being tortured this time.

Good stuff :)

djegators
10-01-13, 12:52
My thinking is similar. I brought up before the season finale how Jesse always still called Walt Mr. White. Walt rescued Jesse from so many situations even risking his own life when he really thought of Jesse as just a dumb junkie he could've just let OD, be killed or go his own way. Even when Jesse was clean Walt always expected him to wise up and become a decent student. Walt said being the cook made him feel alive so he wasn't satisfied with his home life. I think at some point Jesse became to Walt what Flynn couldn't be. Jesse was the only one to have mastered his meth cook - while being tortured this time.

Good stuff :)

Or maybe his guilt for all the things he did to Jesse? Afterall he finally said the truth to Skyler. Maybe it was a small bit of redemption.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-01-13, 17:09
I think he planned on saving Jesse if possible. I think his demand for the hit on Jesse was a Heat of the moment thing (not to mention Jesse was off the chain). I think his months in solitude and his conversation with Walt Jr made him think.

To me, his little prayer to get him home (and the key falling from the visor) was a sort of promise to make things right if he could only get back. I think this was the only time we ever saw walt pray, or exhibit any belief in anything other than cold rationality. I also think it is funny that after that prayer was the only time Walt's plans seem to go off without a hitch.

Hmac
10-01-13, 17:40

Worked out even better than I'd hoped. Money for the kids, Lydia dead, and Walt personally offs the head Nazi.

Bravo.

Anyone see the series finale for Dexter? How not to end a series.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-02-13, 01:37
Great series finale. However, I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if that M60 fired off a few rounds then suffered a failure to feed malfunction. The old M60's were known to be less than reliable. Walt might have been better off rigging a PKM or a 240B. :D

My God, this was my exact thought. I was worried the pig wasnt going to feed a whole belt.

djegators
10-02-13, 07:23
I think he planned on saving Jesse if possible. I think his demand for the hit on Jesse was a Heat of the moment thing (not to mention Jesse was off the chain). I think his months in solitude and his conversation with Walt Jr made him think.

To me, his little prayer to get him home (and the key falling from the visor) was a sort of promise to make things right if he could only get back. I think this was the only time we ever saw walt pray, or exhibit any belief in anything other than cold rationality. I also think it is funny that after that prayer was the only time Walt's plans seem to go off without a hitch.

On the final "Talking Bad" they didn't really say for sure, but they alluded to Walt possibly changing his mind once he got to the compound, realized Jesse was actually a slave in horrible conditions and not willing working with them, and then when he saw him face to face his instinct took over and he protected him. He also offered Jesse the chance to shoot him as another point of redemption for Jesse.

decodeddiesel
10-02-13, 08:31

It's interesting you interpreted that as a prayer. I thought it was an extroverted dialog between Heisenberg and Walt. The duality of the character was a major theme of the show and it seemed like it was the first time one "touched" the other. I think Walt knew what he had to do to try to redeem himself, but he needed Heisenberg to get there.

Or maybe you are right and he was reaching out to the Almighty knowing that to do what he needed to do would take nothing short of a minor miracle.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-02-13, 08:35
I think it was the keys falling from the heavens shot that convinced me it was a prayer. It was probably both.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-02-13, 08:37
And yes, on talking bad I think Gilligan said Walt wanted to kill him right up until he saw what had happened to him.

decodeddiesel
10-02-13, 08:39
Anyone see the series finale for Dexter? How not to end a series.

Dexter jumped that shark when Rita was murdered. Season 5 was not that bad, 6 started to slip a lot. I haven't been able to make it through season 7. I wish they would have wrapped that show up a long time ago, and conversely, I am really happy they didn't let Breaking Bad fester like that.

Travis B
10-02-13, 09:16
I think it was the keys falling from the heavens shot that convinced me it was a prayer. It was probably both.

I agree with it being a prayer. Walt knew his life would end soon and it was the first time he admitted he wasn't in control of a situation and needed assistance from a higher power to tie up the last few loose ends before he expired. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

decodeddiesel
10-02-13, 09:26
I agree with it being a prayer. Walt knew his life would end soon and it was the first time he admitted he wasn't in control of a situation and needed assistance from a higher power to tie up the last few loose ends before he expired. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Why was he looking in the mirror when he said the words?

Not saying I disagree, but I think it's an important detail.

Waylander
10-02-13, 09:27
He doesn't strike me as a religious man.

Hmac
10-02-13, 10:24

Heisenberg has always been Walt's "higher power".

decodeddiesel
10-02-13, 10:29
Heisenberg has always been Walt's "higher power".

Nailed it.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-02-13, 12:24
While I agree Walt wasn't religious, I think that was the point. In an earlier episode he had condescendingly lectured his fellow cancer-patient about not giving up control. There, looking into the mirror at the police lights behind him, I think he said a little prayer to whatever God or gods/fate might hear him. He just wanted to do what he could to undo the damage he had done.

djegators
10-02-13, 13:44
While I agree Walt wasn't religious, I think that was the point. In an earlier episode he had condescendingly lectured his fellow cancer-patient about not giving up control. There, looking into the mirror at the police lights behind him, I think he said a little prayer to whatever God or gods/fate might hear him. He just wanted to do what he could to undo the damage he had done.

Perhaps that Walt wasn't religious was the point....he was finally to the point where it was all going to end one way or the other...I think many people facing their own mortality may seek God at that moment.

skullworks
10-02-13, 15:51
I think many people facing their own mortality may seek God at that moment.
"There are no atheists in a foxhole." Doesn't make their faith real - it only proves the severity of their fear. Same with Walt.

Tapatapatapatalk

Jellybean
10-02-13, 23:37
Better late than never. :)

Got that right- blasted through all 5[?] seasons over the last month, just in time for the real-time finale.
One of the best shows I've seen since SOA.
Also, glad they put it to rest in a timely manner. Unlike some other shows that just refuse to die...

.... I think it will stay true to this and there will be no huge redemption/happy ending. My prediction:

EVERYONE DIES!

Well actually, they kind of gave the ending away a few episodes back- Waltenberg was sitting in the living room with 'Flynn' watching Scarface, and made a comment on the movie to that end.
When I saw the flash forward of him with the MG in the trunk, and getting the Ricin out of his house I knew exactly what was going down- it was like a lightbulb moment.:p
And of course when the Aryan fellas pulled up mid Hank arrest, I mean.... did anyone here really doubt at that point exactly what the '60's role was?

As far as "everyone dies" on the show, honestly, the further along things went the more certain characters annoyed me, and the less sorry I felt for them. Sad but true.
In fact, the only folks I really felt bad getting it was Gomey, Mike, Andrea, and the kid on the motorbike.
The rest? Some folks just don't know when to walk away....

I don't know about brilliant- it's what I would have done in that situation, so it can't be all that smart....:laugh:
As far as the "why" of this scheme, I think it's just at this (that) point what else can you really do? Walt would be dead in maybe another couple months, everyone you know is always going to hate you forever regardless of how things actually played out. Either you can go to your grave letting it all fall as it has, or you fix what you can for yourself, so at least you know you made some right of it in the end.

My God, this was my exact thought. I was worried the pig wasnt going to feed a whole belt.

I think that was maybe more than a single belt?:p
I mean, that thing fired a loooong time- especially if the shots of the neatly perforated outside wall of the building are anything to go off..... Could he have linked up all four boxes of ammo he got?
Otherwise... yay, Hollywood!

That being said, it would have actually been a very interesting twist if it had choked a couple seconds in...
And frankly, I loved his little trunk turret idea, but I was really looking forward to a good old fashioned Rambo ending to the show....:secret::D

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-03-13, 06:51
Nah, Walt wasn't Rambo. We needed to have another Mcgyver/Mr. Wizard moment before the end. That was his trademark throughout the series.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-03-13, 06:59
I was hoping for some sort of methlab fire/explosion as the cause of all of this. Something to do with chemistry, meth, and the danger of it all.

decodeddiesel
10-03-13, 08:55
I was hoping for some sort of methlab fire/explosion as the cause of all of this. Something to do with chemistry, meth, and the danger of it all.

I think they already played that card when they torched the lab at the cleaners. Walt was already mortally wounded when he made his way into the lab in the final scene, and he was just looking for a quiet corner to go and die in. As a man of science, I personally loved how in his last moments it was all about the chemistry.

Hmac
10-03-13, 12:30

Maybe there was a component of anger, but I think the light-bulb moment was the TV interview showing him a way to get his money to the family. I think that was what turned him around and got him back on the road.

Larry Vickers
10-03-13, 15:40
I already miss BB...

Gonna try and find something else that I'm interested in although I'm sure it is unlikely anything will ever be as good....

Travis B
10-03-13, 16:51
I already miss BB...

Gonna try and find something else that I'm interested in although I'm sure it is unlikely anything will ever be as good....

I'm sure A&E will have something else to amaze us next year. They're doing really well to entertain me and I imagine they'll keep it up.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-03-13, 17:19
I agree Larry. This is the first time I have felt this way about a tv show. It is sort of like the feeling I had right after Christmas when I was a kid. I was happy about my toys, but sad that it was over.

Jellybean
10-03-13, 17:34
Nah, Walt wasn't Rambo. We needed to have another Mcgyver/Mr. Wizard moment before the end. That was his trademark throughout the series.

Well, I mean, not a whole "run through the jungle" moment, but I was expecting him to set up a meet with all the players- maybe for his "new product", and then be like "let me just get it out of my trunk" and then he hoses everybody with the MG, uncle Jack get's shot, but he's still alive and goes for his gun and Walt whips out his little snubby and they shoot the crap out of each other.

But yeah, I guess that wouldn't have been very Walt-like seeing as how he always had some scientific solution to everything.

I think they already played that card when they torched the lab at the cleaners. Walt was already mortally wounded when he made his way into the lab in the final scene, and he was just looking for a quiet corner to go and die in. As a man of science, I personally loved how in his last moments it was all about the chemistry.

Yes- the synchronity[sp?] of it was well played to- if you remember his little speech about how he did it for himself and "felt alive" doing it.
Dies in the same place he 'came alive'...

I already miss BB...

If you haven't already, see Sons of Anarchy.
Great series.

Noodles
10-03-13, 17:58
I already miss BB...

Hell on Wheels has my attention.

Big A
10-03-13, 21:25
I already miss BB...

Mr. Gilligan has recently been hired by CBS to produce a show. Hopefully it will be another gem.

Hmac
10-03-13, 22:09
If you haven't already, see Sons of Anarchy.
Great series.

First couple of seasons were brilliant, but lately I have this vague sense that SOA is in the process of jumping the shark.

decodeddiesel
10-03-13, 22:11
First couple of seasons were brilliant, but lately I have this vague sense that SOA is in the process of jumping the shark.

Jumped it when the girl was burned alive in the dumpster IMO.

JPB
10-03-13, 22:26
I already miss BB...

I agree. I'm throwing away my TV. It's like finding the end of the internet.

Waylander
10-04-13, 10:29

Agreed. I'm not interested in this season at all. The plot in seasons 1-4 were great. Season 5 was decent but this one is terrible.

skullworks
10-04-13, 11:23
Started going downhill with the season they went to Ireland.

decodeddiesel
10-04-13, 12:19
Started going downhill with the season they went to Ireland.

Yeah, I would agree with that. 4th season was a lot better than 3rd season.

skullworks
10-04-13, 12:30
This will sound weird, but the first couple of episodes of the current season have had a really slow pacing (even though it's bedlam in Charming as always.)

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-04-13, 15:12
Yeah, SOA never really worked for me.

If you have Netflix, "House of Cards" is excellent. The original BBC miniseries is even better.

decodeddiesel
10-04-13, 20:07
Yeah, SOA never really worked for me.

If you have Netflix, "House of Cards" is excellent. The original BBC miniseries is even better.

If you are into BBC, check out "Dark Mirror".

Jellybean
10-04-13, 21:21

I'll agree with that. They need to wrap it up before it goes full retard.
Worst thing that can happen to a good show like that is leaving it hanging around until people hate it.
Frankly, I would have wrapped it this season, but, whatever....

That being said, I haven't failed to enjoy all the previous seasons (even thought the first few were better) just because of the continuing story and character investment. It's like a soap opera for men! :D

Hmac
10-04-13, 21:24
I'll agree with that. They need to wrap it up before it goes full retard.
Worst thing that can happen to a good show like that is leaving it hanging around until people hate it.
Frankly, I would have wrapped it this season, but, whatever....

That being said, I haven't failed to enjoy all the previous seasons (even thought the first few were better) just because of the continuing story and character investment. It's like a soap opera for men! :D

I agree. They have too many story lines going right now. Time to be either simplifying, or looking toward the end game.

Jellybean
10-05-13, 13:59
Well, as far as "simplifying" there is rumor that some key characters are going to get whacked this season so..... maybe it'll move on a little.

skullworks
10-05-13, 14:26
They whacked Otto and Phil, so I guess we're on a roll.

Hmac
10-05-13, 14:39
They whacked Otto and Phil, so I guess we're on a roll.

Neat little episode. Also took out the Aryans and spared Darby, offloaded the KelTecs and deflected their origin thereby stimeying CCH Pounder.

Now we just need to resolve the Gemma/Tara/Wendy scenario and figure out a way to off the Irish and get Tig off the hook.

Oh..I guess we still have to figure out a way to get Clay out of jail.

I just hope they can clear the dorsal fin in the process.

Big A
11-19-13, 09:49
Breaking Bad alternate ending...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dUW34f4bQ

Honu
11-19-13, 15:34
AWESOME :) hahahahaha

Breaking Bad alternate ending...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dUW34f4bQ

tb-av
11-19-13, 16:26
I finally spent two weeks watching all 6 seasons. Man that was a hell of a series. The characters were perfect.