PDA

View Full Version : Democrat's charged with embezzling millions from charities

Denali
09-10-13, 18:12
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/13-democrats-charged-with-embezzling-16-million-in-federal-grants-for-aids-charities-and-other-needy-programs-rev-wright-daughter-among-those-charged/

Daughter of Reverend “God Damn America” Wright and 12 other Democrats are charged with embezzling $16 million in Federal health grants that should have gone to AIDS charities and other programs for the poor and needy. More than one of the defendants has direct ties to President Barack Obama. The Sun Times details the charges. Thirteen people have been charged so far, six who have pleaded guilty. Two of them have ties to President Barack Obama. One is the daughter of his controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Another was chief of staff to Obama’s longtime friend Eric E. Whitaker when Whitaker was Illinois’ public health chief. - See more at: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/13-democrats-charged-with-embezzling-16-million-in-federal-grants-for-aids-charities-and-other-needy-programs-rev-wright-daughter-among-those-charged/#sthash.626NM3Nr.dpuf

Hope & change at work for you...can you imagine what's in store once the Obamacare pie begins to be sliced up?

Moose-Knuckle
09-10-13, 19:40
And lets not forget the IRS turning a blind eye to the Reverend Al "Give'me Give'me Give'me" Sharpton and the $2.6 MILLION he owes in back taxes . . .

SteveS
09-11-13, 10:42
And lets not forget the IRS turning a blind eye to the Reverend Al "Give'me Give'me Give'me" Sharpton and the $2.6 MILLION he owes in back taxes . . .

He has a friend in a high place that thinks he is god.

fixit69
09-11-13, 11:18
I really hope none of this is shocking to anyone. Rage inducing but. It shocking. This is the new status quo.

Lets change it.

tb-av
09-11-13, 11:47
One day perhaps we will find out who has their hand up Obama's ass making his mouth move.

khc3
09-11-13, 13:11
Any time you hear the words "jobs training" coming from urban/leftist politicians/activists, you have to know it's a straight-up scam.

But stealing from AIDS charities? That's pretty low.

No.6
09-11-13, 16:35
It's the new normal. Kinda like the old normal, but with different players. Besides, The One needs to have his exit pardons lined up and ready to go. Not unlike some of his predecessors....

duece71
09-11-13, 19:16
Any bets on wether Bathhouse Barry will see some of that $16 mil or not???

ForTehNguyen
09-11-13, 22:57
liberal with other peoples money

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 00:06
How many conservative television evangelists have swindled the elderly of all their money. Same difference.
Pat

NWPilgrim
09-12-13, 04:04
How many conservative television evangelists have swindled the elderly of all their money. Same difference.
Pat

Uh no it is not the same. The liberal Obama gang swindled the US taxpayers and lied to a govt agency and committed fraud. Any grant would be very specific as to how a charity is qualified and how the funds can be used. The TV evangelists, whether liberal or conservative, solicited voluntary contributions from individual private citizens with no legal contract as to how those funds would be used. If they used it for non-exempt purposes they would face an income tax penalty but not criminal charges unless there was some commitment for a specific purpose.

Keep trying though to find a way to minimize the criminal associations of our liberal president.

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 04:54
Uh no it is not the same. The liberal Obama gang swindled the US taxpayers and lied to a govt agency and committed fraud. Any grant would be very specific as to how a charity is qualified and how the funds can be used. The TV evangelists, whether liberal or conservative, solicited voluntary contributions from individual private citizens with no legal contract as to how those funds would be used. If they used it for non-exempt purposes they would face an income tax penalty but not criminal charges unless there was some commitment for a specific purpose.

Keep trying though to find a way to minimize the criminal associations of our liberal president.

This has nothing to do with the president other than some of the people involved knew him. Further more coning money out of seniors is no less tasteful. What is legal is not always right and just because something is legal does not mean its acceptable.
Pat

polymorpheous
09-12-13, 05:14
Could you file charges against a tv preacher foe asking for donations?
Could you file charges against Ms. Wright for embezzlement?

Again, as nearly always the case, your arguements hold no water Patrick.

Now go ahead and accuse me of being fearful of honest debate.
Because when a few seconds of critical thought turns your arguement on it's head, well there isn't really any need for debate is there?

T2C
09-12-13, 07:24
It's Chicago Democrats who are stealing the money. It's business as usual for them.

yellowfin
09-12-13, 10:56
Not only is this business as usual, these are just the ones stupid enough to get caught and blatant enough to get talked about. Embezzlement isn't just an activity but a lifestyle for those in the leftist political and activist machine. What you and I call a scandal or a crime they call Tuesday and Wednesday.

kwelz
09-12-13, 11:12
Politically connected people ripping off other people. Color me shocked. In my experience sadly this happens on both sides but it is FAR more prevalent in Democrats in my area.

7.62WildBill
09-12-13, 11:51
Having spent most of my young life (until I was 16) living in Chicago, I can assure you all that this is business as usual in a city that has been run by the democrats since 1931. It's the most corrupt city in the nation.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-political-commentary/2012/02/chicago-number-1-in-political-corruption-state-of-illinois-number-3/#.UjHv6T-E4ys

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 14:13
Having spent most of my young life (until I was 16) living in Chicago, I can assure you all that this is business as usual in a city that has been run by the democrats since 1931. It's the most corrupt city in the nation.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-political-commentary/2012/02/chicago-number-1-in-political-corruption-state-of-illinois-number-3/#.UjHv6T-E4ys

I thought New Orleans would take that honor.

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 14:15
Could you file charges against a tv preacher foe asking for donations?
Could you file charges against Ms. Wright for embezzlement?

Again, as nearly always the case, your arguements hold no water Patrick.

Now go ahead and accuse me of being fearful of honest debate.
Because when a few seconds of critical thought turns your arguement on it's head, well there isn't really any need for debate is there?

Seemed you missed the whole point of just because something is legal does not make it moral. No one is defending these guys for what they did however the right has its share of people who do the same or worse. I thought you had me on ignore?
Pat

NWPilgrim
09-12-13, 15:29
This has nothing to do with the president other than some of the people involved knew him. Further more coning money out of seniors is no less tasteful. What is legal is not always right and just because something is legal does not mean its acceptable.
Pat

One is immoral and AND illegal, the other is just immoral. You are trying to draw an equivalency and it is apples to oranges. You may not like either one but that does not make them the same.

If this was an isolated case I would agree that a few bad apples loosely associated to the president means little. But this president has a huge stack of associations that are reprehensible, and this is just another one in the same pattern. The question starts to become, is there any one at all associated to this guy who is NOT corrupt? Puppies don't count.

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 15:32
One is immoral and AND illegal, the other is just immoral. You are trying to draw an equivalency and it is apples to oranges. You may not like either one but that does not make them the same.

If this was an isolated case I would agree that a few bad apples loosely associated to the president means little. But this president has a huge stack of associations that are reprehensible, and this is just another one in the same pattern. The question starts to become, is there any one at all associated to this guy who is NOT corrupt? Puppies don't count.
Obama has made his share of mistakes but trying to tie him to criminals who know him is guilt by association. Its like saying since a since a sex offender lives in your apartment building you have ties to him. Pretty weak sauce. Slam him for what he has done wrong but lets not stretch into left field looking for more.
Pat

khc3
09-12-13, 15:59
Pat

Unless those evangelists had SWAT teams to squeeze cash out those who did not want to pay...no.

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 17:52
Unless those evangelists had SWAT teams to squeeze cash out those who did not want to pay...no.

Don't recall any SWAT teams being used in this embezzlement case. Besides the evangelists threaten something far worse eternal damnation.

NWPilgrim
09-12-13, 18:58
Obama has made his share of mistakes but trying to tie him to criminals who know him is guilt by association. Its like saying since a since a sex offender lives in your apartment building you have ties to him. Pretty weak sauce. Slam him for what he has done wrong but lets not stretch into left field looking for more.
Pat

Pat, you are the one reaching for something to blame. What Obama's friends do is violate the law and get a pass, over and over again. If you have one bad apple friend, then sure it is not fair to judge you. But when practically all of your friends are bad apples, it reflects on your character. And I am not trying to imply "guilt by association." It is an obvious fact that the president of the United States has incredibly poor judgement based on who he surrounds himself with, until caught of course. However, he does run the administration and HIS administration made a point for several years to harass and tear apart as many conservative organizations as possible using the IRS. So when one of his crony families gets caught in fraud and tax evasion it is directly applicable to his leadership, judgement and cronyism.

Why you brought TV evangelists into this escapes me. It has nothing to do with embezzling funds from the US govt as a charitable organization. And they have nothing to do with IRS favortism or abuse. You seem to want to make sure someone else can be blamed too so it does not look so bad that these yahoos break the law and flaunt it. The very fact you have to reach so hard and far to get anything remotely related illustrates just how thoroughly corrupt Obama's circle of friends are. This is the daughter of his so-called apster for 20 years, not some stranger across the apartment building.

You don't have to deflect for every liberal that acts badly, you'll wear yourself out.

Safetyhit
09-12-13, 19:37
In my experience sadly this happens on both sides but it is FAR more prevalent in Democrats in my area.

Oh trust me, it's not just your area. They're unbelievable around here too. Ask the last mayor of Trenton, any number of Camden school officials, Philly council members, etc, etc. All democrats always.

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 19:40
Up here it is always republicans. Shady deals with oil companies including bribes, given houses in exchange for voting a certain way, etc.
Pat

Denali
09-12-13, 20:26
Pat

This is frighteningly obtuse, almost I could conclude you are just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, trolling for laughs so to speak. If however you are truly unable to divine the difference between the op and your analogous supposition, you are hopelessly ignorant, in the process easily transcending simple opinion.

khc3
09-12-13, 20:45
Don't recall any SWAT teams being used in this embezzlement case. Besides the evangelists threaten something far worse eternal damnation.

No, the SWAT teams are with the IRS, and come if you don't pay for Federal grants that go to Democrat crooks.

khc3
09-12-13, 20:45
Up here it is always republicans. Shady deals with oil companies including bribes, given houses in exchange for voting a certain way, etc.
Pat

Like Ted Stevens?

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 21:18
Like Ted Stevens?

His was actually one of the more minor cases.
Pat

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 21:19
No, the SWAT teams are with the IRS, and come if you don't pay for Federal grants that go to Democrat crooks.

I think you may be over exaggerating a tad bit.
Pat

khc3
09-12-13, 21:26
His was actually one of the more minor cases.
Pat

LOL! "Minor," as in "indictments vacated because of gross prosecutorial misconduct" by the government's withholding of exculpatory evidence?

Minor like that? Conveniently after he is defeated for reelection?

Funny!

ForTehNguyen
09-12-13, 21:34
I think you may be over exaggerating a tad bit.
Pat

http://benswann.com/irs-needs-ar-15s-for-standoff-capabilities/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/03/21/irs-forming-swat-team-to-nab-tax-evaders/

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 22:00
LOL! "Minor," as in "indictments vacated because of gross prosecutorial misconduct" by the government's withholding of exculpatory evidence?

Minor like that? Conveniently after he is defeated for reelection?

Funny!

Prosecutors messed up but he still did the crime and there are plenty of other state level politicians that went down as well. I actually feel bad for Stevens as he was doing what was considered acceptable for a long time not giving a second thought to the ethical implications. A friend of mine was an aid for him.
Pat

Alaskapopo
09-12-13, 22:04
http://benswann.com/irs-needs-ar-15s-for-standoff-capabilities/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/03/21/irs-forming-swat-team-to-nab-tax-evaders/

With the violence coming from the anti government movement I don't fault them for arming themselves with some patrol rifles and shotguns. That is a long way from having SWAT teams.

T2C
09-12-13, 22:16
The IRS only needs two things:

1) Accountants
2) To be about 1/10 it's current size