PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SD-C

ky2970
09-11-13, 05:35
I've searched for more information on the SD-C but have mostly come up with the normal vendor spew. Can an owner and heavy user of the SD-C give some insight on this before I drop $230?

Nightstalker865
09-11-13, 05:49
It's just like their SSA assembly, but with a flat face trigger.

nml
09-11-13, 07:17
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77909
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65283

C4IGrant
09-11-13, 08:41
I've searched for more information on the SD-C but have mostly come up with the normal vendor spew. Can an owner and heavy user of the SD-C give some insight on this before I drop $230?

I love it and is what I run. Have also used it in tons of shooting schools with zero issues.

If interested, we offer M4C members a discount on them. ;)

C4

Cylinder Head
09-11-13, 10:41
Buy any of the SD triggers with confidence. They are all excellent.

TacticalSledgehammer
09-11-13, 10:43
I love it and is what I run. Have also used it in tons of shooting schools with zero issues.

If interested, we offer M4C members a discount on them. ;)

C4

I guess you prefer that over their SD3G trigger? I've got one or the other on my list for later.

BTL BRN
09-11-13, 11:02
I am almost to the point where I actually prefer the flat bow; it is really growing on me.

I don't think you will be disappointed, but in the case that you are; Geissele triggers seem to hold their value quite well.

Abraham
09-11-13, 15:45
Do flat triggers offer a technical benefit over a standard trigger design or is it simply a matter of personal preference?

Thanks!

C4IGrant
09-11-13, 15:55
I guess you prefer that over their SD3G trigger? I've got one or the other on my list for later.

Yes.

C4

tommyrott
09-11-13, 18:44
been running a SD3G for 3years now and really like the feel of the flat trigger, a SD-C is in my future as well

Falcatta
09-11-13, 19:40
Hi All

First post but I have the same question as Abraham. Is there a technical difference as to why you like the flat bow or more of a comfort appeal. I literally just got and installed an SSA from G&R about 5 minutes ago. :)

Caeser25
09-11-13, 19:54
I been running a SD3G for a couple years as well and absolutely love it. I'd like to try an SDC someday. Between it and the .22 conversion I managed to turn a few antis to our side.

nml
09-11-13, 19:57
As Bill said, LOP "has been moved 1/8" forward from the standard M4 position" and "it makes a trigger feel lighter than it really is." Is that what you want?

YMMV but I use the SS series as it lets me go back and forth between Geissele and standard triggers with minimal interference. how important that is to you, hard to say

BTL BRN
09-12-13, 12:21
Hi All

First post but I have the same question as Abraham. Is there a technical difference as to why you like the flat bow or more of a comfort appeal. I literally just got and installed an SSA from G&R about 5 minutes ago. :)

The LOP/weight does seem to decrease some in my case; so you are going to want to evaluate the role of the particular rifle you are installing it on.

Your mileage may certainly vary.

However, once you have purchased anything Geiselle (I personally haven't tried an ACT yet); you will likely never stick with a standard GI trigger again.

SteveL
09-12-13, 12:24
I have an SD-C in my rifle and I'm very happy with it. I really like the feel of the flat trigger.

ECain18
09-12-13, 14:15
I just felt the ssa trigger for the first time. If this is anything like that buy it! You will not regret it! What a fantastic feel.

Abraham
09-12-13, 15:35
I second ECain18 vote of confidence.

I recently acquired a SSA-E trigger and was an instant believer the first time I shot it.

Now, after reading about the flat trigger design model, I may consider it on another rifle I've got.

Falcatta
09-12-13, 16:49
The LOP/weight does seem to decrease some in my case; so you are going to want to evaluate the role of the particular rifle you are installing it on.

Your mileage may certainly vary.

However, once you have purchased anything Geiselle (I personally haven't tried an ACT yet); you will likely never stick with a standard GI trigger again.

Thanks for the description. It's a General Purpose Carbine so in my research the SSA seemed to be the right match up. Definitely beats the hell out of the feel of even a good Milspec trigger.

SA80Dan
09-12-13, 18:32
I have several SSA triggers as well as two sd-c's.

As much as I really like the flat trigger, I couldn't honestly say the price difference is really worth it for me. YMMV.

223to45
09-13-13, 12:24
I just installed a SD-E, So far I like it.

I will find out tomorrow, how much I like it.

jcwallace
09-13-13, 22:19
I love my SSA! I preferred single stages for a long time, but the SSA is simpler and just as good as my Jard adjustable I had for a long time. I'd really like the SSA-E and S3G in the future.