PDA

View Full Version : Plate carrier for 150?

Ctx2009
09-11-13, 21:50
All,

I am looking into getting a plate carrier and my buddy has a condor, but after looking around the forum i have come to the conclusion that they suck.

So with that said I have found the shellback banshee for about 160 online and I have heard good things, my question is for that price point are their other pc's that I might want to look at, or is this the top of the line for pc's around that price?

Thanks for the help.

Shoulderthinggoesup
09-11-13, 22:19
They have upped the price on those apparently since I bought mine. It was a steal at 120.... That said, I really like mine other than the fact that it was built for a person slightly more broad shouldered than me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JR TACTICAL
09-11-13, 23:39
+ 1 on the Banshee, I have had mine for over a year and I love it!

Im a big guy, 6'6'' 280lbs and its a little on the short side but other than that I have no complaints. If you get one I would suggest that you get the HSGI shoulder pads as well, they make it a lot more comfortable to wear for long periods.

And to answer your question, yes, I think that its the best PC in that price point

Ctx2009
09-12-13, 20:42
On your pc how many mags do you have up front? Does it feel comfortable if you go prone? Do you think you could run 3 double stacks and still feel comfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

ECain18
09-12-13, 22:24
Another good option is the mayflower pc. reasonably priced (a little higher than 180) at $220.00 is a pretty solid deal and PC. That is if you can find one.

Zambowhite
09-13-13, 09:21
Check out the blue force gear plateminus I around 175

BC520
09-13-13, 10:57
What do you plan on using it for? Casual range use a couple times or so a year, or something with a bit more time wearing it, such as frequent training and use in LE or similar?

Reason I ask, is because you will also find lots of threads of people upgrading from Banshee's to carriers like the Mayflower APC. By increasing your budget slightly and waiting a little longer to save if need be, you get a better carrier. You see threads where people go from a Banshee up, but I don't know of any where people go from an APC or similar down to a Banshee. That's a clue in my field.

matthewdanger
09-13-13, 11:26
The Banshee is a good carrier that is well supported with useful accessories. You might also want to checkout the Ares Armor Aspis which is very similar to the Banshee but has less bulk on the shoulders which I like.

I think the pick of the litter in that price range is probably the Velocity Systems Light Weight Plate Carrier (LWPC). The LWPC can be used in slick configuration or with a plate carrier clipped into place with Swiftclips. The newer ones have elastic pockets in the cummerbund where additional mags can be stowed. It is pretty ideal for a guy like me who just needs something for the occasional class that requires them.

BC520
09-13-13, 11:32
Another good option is the mayflower pc. reasonably priced (a little higher than 180) at $220.00 is a pretty solid deal and PC. That is if you can find one.

Mike is pretty good to deal with and has other Mayflower/Velocity carriers that are decently priced and quality as well.

http://store.appalachiantraining.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=APC

Todd762
09-16-13, 06:35
Velocity Systems/Mayflower is quickly becoming my "go to". Their customer service is top notch and their quality control is excellent. If their product fits your needs but is a couple of dollars more, then I would save up the $ until I had it.