PDA

View Full Version : Florida attorney general postpones execution to attend election fundraiser.

Eurodriver
09-12-13, 11:40
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/9/12/critics_weigh_in_on_.html

This doesn't sit right with me. I like rick scott. I like the attorney general. But an execution is a pretty solemn, serious affair. To tell a man he's going to be executed later and have it be for a reason such as this I can't imagine why she would even think it was okay.

Eurodriver
09-12-13, 15:49
I thought at least someone would have a problem with this.

SteyrAUG
09-12-13, 17:09
I don't have a tremendous amount of sympathy for Marshall Lee Gore.

The courts have stayed the executions twice now for other reasons, I don't see how this is all that much different.

On Death Row you lose control of your life, kind of like what he did to these two women.

"Gore was convicted in the 1988 slaying of Robyn Novick, a 30-year-old exotic dancer. In addition to Novick, Gore also was sentenced to death for the 1988 slaying of Susan Roark."

Miami_JBT
09-12-13, 17:30
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/9/12/critics_weigh_in_on_.html

This doesn't sit right with me. I like rick scott. I like the attorney general. But an execution is a pretty solemn, serious affair. To tell a man he's going to be executed later and have it be for a reason such as this I can't imagine why she would even think it was okay.

Gotta love Florida! First this and now wild herpes infected monkeys.

Eurodriver
09-12-13, 21:25
I don't have a tremendous amount of sympathy for Marshall Lee Gore.

The courts have stayed the executions twice now for other reasons, I don't see how this is all that much different.

On Death Row you lose control of your life, kind of like what he did to these two women.

"Gore was convicted in the 1988 slaying of Robyn Novick, a 30-year-old exotic dancer. In addition to Novick, Gore also was sentenced to death for the 1988 slaying of Susan Roark."
I don't give a damn about the prisoner but in today's day and age I think this is bad policy.

Delay an execution because the doctor got sick, there is an issue with the medicine, etc. But don't make it look like we are jerking each other off with lethal injection tubes.

_Stormin_
09-12-13, 22:09
It's in poor taste, but I can tell you that I really don't give a damn about how uncomfortable some scum bag on death row is… I still think that "cruel and unusual" shouldn't be relevant to these assholes, but that's why I'm not a justice on the SCOTUS.

SteyrAUG
09-13-13, 01:06
I don't give a damn about the prisoner but in today's day and age I think this is bad policy.

Delay an execution because the doctor got sick, there is an issue with the medicine, etc. But don't make it look like we are jerking each other off with lethal injection tubes.

I "get" what your objection is, but when it comes to stuff the government does that really bothers me, this is pretty far down the list.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-13, 01:30
Meh, the only issue I have is that it should have been done YEARS ago.

yellowfin
09-13-13, 10:31
My biggest objections to capital punishment is that they make a ceremony out of it and that it's unevenly applied to perpetrators of the same crime. Shoot the guy in the head as you walk by the cell some random day or make it look like an accident. All this ritual is a sadistic game that makes the image of justice look too similar to those we supposedly are against.

jmnielsen
09-13-13, 10:35
My biggest objections to capital punishment is that they make a ceremony out of it and that it's unevenly applied to perpetrators of the same crime. Shoot the guy in the head as you walk by the cell some random day, don't involve all this ritual that makes it all a sadistic game that utterly perverts the image of justice.

I have to agree here. The same crime should be punished the same. And as far as capital punishment goes it should all be done the same way. If it were a routine thing that happen frequently (as it would if same crimes were punished the same) it wouldn't be a big deal when it rolled around.

Kain
09-13-13, 13:57
Meh, the only issue I have is that it should have been done DECADES ago.

Fixed that for ya!