PDA

View Full Version : Syria, Russia, USA, and NASA question.

Miami_JBT
09-12-13, 17:27
Since the cancellation of the Space Shuttle's replacement by Obama we have been sending our Astronauts up on Russian rockets. Since this wonderful clusterf#ck that Obama is involving us with Syria's civil war. How will we service the International Space Station? Did we just hand it over to Putin? What about our current Astronauts? What about us servicing high value satellites and send more of our astronauts into space?

SilverBullet432
09-13-13, 08:28
obama doesnt give 2 shits about space exploration! i was upset as heck when i found out they were retiring the shuttles, also when they cancelled constellation. at least he didnt cancel orion... :angry:

Belmont31R
09-13-13, 09:01
The shuttles were already past due for retirement. The reality is we should have been working on a replacement for a longer period of time and the funding has been pretty sparse. Too many old people and welfare rats to get NASA the money they would need to do the type of advancement we had in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Space X and Virgin are where it's at these days but JPL is doing good stuff with the rovers. I watched Curiosity and have been following the updates. Pretty cool stuff and paving the way for a human mission. America just doesn't have the vigor for this type of stuff anymore.

MountainRaven
09-13-13, 09:37
The shuttles were already past due for retirement. The reality is we should have been working on a replacement for a longer period of time and the funding has been pretty sparse. Too many old people and welfare rats to get NASA the money they would need to do the type of advancement we had in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Space X and Virgin are where it's at these days but JPL is doing good stuff with the rovers. I watched Curiosity and have been following the updates. Pretty cool stuff and paving the way for a human mission. America just doesn't have the vigor for this type of stuff anymore.

I don't believe that.

America does have the vigor, we just don't have leaders with the sort of ambition, vision, and drive necessary to inspire her.

Boba Fett v2
09-13-13, 09:45
obama doesnt give 2 shits about space exploration!

Ahem... Excuse me, but Obama is from outter space.

Belmont31R
09-13-13, 09:48
I don't believe that.

America does have the vigor, we just don't have leaders with the sort of ambition, vision, and drive necessary to inspire her.

If we did we'd be electing leaders who put the budget in they need and who didn't cancel major projects. The government is a reflection on all of us.

lethal dose
09-13-13, 10:43
Hard to say what's going to happen. I know my family has taken a huge hit due to the demise of the space program.

glocktogo
09-13-13, 12:04
Ahem... Excuse me, but Obama is from outter space.

He just doesn't want us to find his mothership. :rolleyes:

SilverBullet432
09-13-13, 12:39
He just doesn't want us to find his mothership. :rolleyes:

i was about to say.... id say we find said momma ship and phone him home :D

MountainRaven
09-13-13, 19:26
i was about to say.... id say we find said momma ship and phone him home :D

Are we saying that he's violating the Prime Directive?

SilverBullet432
09-13-13, 20:18
He just might be! Damnit