PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. question

dennyAC170
04-23-08, 22:02
My m4carbine account was just validated today. I have enjoyed the discussions
on various subjects a great deal the past couple of months.

It appears that A.R.M.S. is literally and figuratively a four letter word.

My question is this: Is the quality of A.R.M.S. products actually as bad as I
have read in some posts? What is the evidence?

I have seen various military/govt/le organizations use A.R.M.S. products for
years. But as with any product in the marketplace, new and better products
always come along. God bless the free market economy/capitalism and the U.S.A.

Yes, I own a A.R.M.S. S.I.R. 50C. Is there any valid reason for me to get
rid of it? If there is, I will replace it.

And yes, I will be purchasing additional items from Larue Tactical - optical
mount, vertical foregrip, etc. Oh, I gotta have one of the dillos too.

Thanks for any replies that I may receive.

m4fun
04-23-08, 22:30
Agreed - I have heard lots of bad mojo about stuff coming loose. I have a "retired" ARMs SIR on an M4 setup that must have seen 5K rounds through, lots of FA. It is a bit heavy, but only retired due to a move to LWRC piston upper.

I also used the M68 with an AP M2 with the aforementioned upper, which also has been retired for an AP T1/Larue mount combo. Again, not replacing for failure, just upgrading ;) - and the dillo too!

Gunfighter13
04-24-08, 01:08
Nothing wrong with ARMS products. They are just "OLD SCHOOL". More and better options out there now, that's all. In their day they were just like DD and LaRue are today.

Shihan
04-24-08, 01:16
Some of the products like the mounts with the ARMS levers come loose after awhile.

Stickman
04-24-08, 19:19
Some of the products like the mounts with the ARMS levers come loose after awhile.

If those people who had issues with other mounts were as active as those who have had issues with ARMS mounts, it would be an interesting conversation.

If you figured who had more mounts in MIL service (aside from Aimpoint), I think ARMS would be at the top, or very close to it.

toddackerman
04-25-08, 08:00
I've had several A.R.M.S. mounts, and several LaRue's. Although both will keep something mounted (for a period of time), the LaRue wins hands down as far as being able to properly tension the mount to the rails REGARDLESS of the spec of the rail. Rail specs can very widely.

For absolute repeatable precision, it's LaRue hands down. I learned this with several Lasers mounted in A.R.M.S. mounts. Sometimes the repeatability was
>12MOA because the A.R.M.S. mounts just weren't tight enough. These were all on LMT rails.

If you're just putting a light on your weapon, then repeatability isn't as essential, but it's got to be tight enough to stay on.

MassMark
04-25-08, 08:09
ARMS is built right here in the Bay State, but my dollars go to Texas for my mounting needs. I think A.R.M.S makes a decent mount, but LaRue is just plain better. The ARMS mount I had for my Trijicon had a very "mass-produced" feel and the only benefit I found to it was that it mounted the Trijicon Tripower nice and low on my scout mount. It also let loose not once, but twice while I was firing my rifle and that was enough for me thanks....

markm
04-25-08, 08:32
I borrowed an ARMS BUIS from LotBoy. I like to break his balls and tell him that it fell off just sitting in the safe and I can't find it. :p

Wayne Dobbs
04-25-08, 09:38
Friends don't let friends buy ARMS! Get a LT and you will be happy for a VERY long time.

JSandi
04-25-08, 16:16
...nuther LaRue vote!

Just ordered an ACOG mount for my TA01NSN

:D