PDA

View Full Version : AK front sight gas block - cheap

FightingTupperware
09-13-13, 11:09
ok so im planning on chopping an ak front sight and welding it to the gasblock. my question is.... 45 degree or 90 degree gassblocks? 90 degree is modern, and therefore better? before i go to the effort id like to know the advantages of the 90 vs the 45. if any...
:help:

thank you!

96 SS
09-13-13, 11:34
90 deg block is from the experience going to 5.45 and experiencing bullet shear.

90 degree was the simple easy fix.
All of the original AKS-74U and AK-100 style integrated sight/GB models are on 90's

I think you should go 90

eodinert
09-13-13, 12:51
I looked at doing that on a project, and worried that I wouldn't have room for the adjustment mechanism of a standard AK. I'm sure you could get it to work with a non-standard windage adjustment. On the slanted gas blocks, folks usually put the front sight over the slope, not the high part of the gas block, presumably because there is more room.

FightingTupperware
09-13-13, 13:20
90 deg block is from the experience going to 5.45 and experiencing bullet shear.

90 degree was the simple easy fix.
All of the original AKS-74U and AK-100 style integrated sight/GB models are on 90's

I think you should go 90

interesting point i had not thought about that... i might look around and see what i can find.
anyone have a source for eather east german 74 gasblocks or krink type FSGB's?

Hizzie
09-14-13, 05:37
Venom Tactical has their own FSGB. IO Inc makes one. Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics sells the Bolton FSGB.

cynical
09-16-13, 10:00
ok so im planning on chopping an ak front sight and welding it to the gasblock. my question is.... 45 degree or 90 degree gassblocks? 90 degree is modern, and therefore better? before i go to the effort id like to know the advantages of the 90 vs the 45. if any...
:help:

thank you!

Are you planning on redoing the gas port on the barrel? If not, you need to stick with the angle you currently have.