PDA

View Full Version : Computer Guru's I need ur help..

LawDog
04-24-08, 15:01
I am having problems with my desktop...said my network cable was unplugged. Turns out it is still plugged in. I was checking conections and properties on my nic card and accidently changed the settings to somethinglike users must log in. Now when I reboot my windows 2000 it has a log in box with admin and it asks for a password. Is there a default pw or a way to by pass this. I know there is a way to change the pw file but I can't remember.

Thanks in advance. If this is too hush hush can someone PM me with the help I need.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-24-08, 15:02
If the username is admin, there is no password...just hit enter/log in/whatever and it should sign you in...

LawDog
04-24-08, 15:09
Let me try it. It give me a message that says the system could not log you in.

pittbull
04-24-08, 16:44
Try "Administrator" for the user name and "password" for the password
Without the " of course

lindertw
04-24-08, 19:52
restart your computer and hit F8 to enter safe mode; from safe mode you can change/set your administrator password (this works in XP, haven't monkeyed with win2000 in a while).

after setting a new password, restart your computer normally, use the administrator login/password you just created and then update whatever settings you changed on your nic card!

hope this helps...

LawDog
04-24-08, 19:58
With 2000 in safe mode it still asks for the password?

b_saan
04-24-08, 21:38
Here's what I've always used to reset Win2k admin passwords...

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Click on the Bootdisk button and scroll down to the Dowload links and instructions on how to make a boot disk floppy or cd.