PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for the value of my lower

Derek33
09-15-13, 16:12
I'm looking to sell my Seekins billet lower but before I list an ad I was hoping to get an idea of what its worth. I built it piece by piece so its hard to understand what parts obtain value.

Its a seekins billet lower
Umbrella corp grip
Magpul ctr stock
Magpul ASAP
Bad ass ambi selector
Milspec trigger group
Seekins billet mag release

Some photos

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/16/7u2egyma.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/16/ujyme8as.jpg

Only blems are under inside the magwell

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im not trying to look like a crisis price gouger, but I'm looking to get as much as my money back as possible.

Thanks,

Derek

46and2
09-15-13, 16:31
Start at 90% of what you paid for it. You'll probably still get chopped down even further. It's a buyer's market these days. I'll take that billet bolt release though : ).

el_chupo_
09-15-13, 17:14
I dont know laws there for private party sales, but around me lowers still seem to be selling well, and buying from an individual saves you the $15-25 for a transfer fee at the FFL . I would start at 10%-15% off retail for the major parts, but I dont think the bolt release will get you any $$. Replace and sell separately...

lower
Umbrella corp grip
Magpul ctr stock
Magpul ASAP
Bad ass ambi selector

GH41
09-15-13, 17:30
In the end it is only worth what you can sell it for. In this market 60% of cost is fair. You may do better from a local buyer if you don't transfer through an ffl. You may do better parting it out. I would buy pieces of it for retail with shipping included. GH

GunnutAF
09-15-13, 17:30
He's in Mass. they have no private sales! All must go through FFL. No freedom left in the NE states. Except VT, NH. :rolleyes:

"Massachusetts Law requires firearm owners to be licensed through their local Police Department or the Massachusetts State Police if no local licensing authority is available. A license is required by state law for buying firearms and ammunition. An applicant must have passed a State approved firearm safety course before applying for a license."

Suwannee Tim
09-15-13, 20:04
I think I'd put it on Gunbroker. If you aren't in a big hurry you could study the market there and come to an educated conclusion about what it is worth. Given the hassle of transferring in MA there is not detriment to selling on GB.

oilspill
09-15-13, 20:16
He's in Mass. they have no private sales! All must go through FFL. No freedom left in the NE states. Except VT, NH. :rolleyes:

"Massachusetts Law requires firearm owners to be licensed through their local Police Department or the Massachusetts State Police if no local licensing authority is available. A license is required by state law for buying firearms and ammunition. An applicant must have passed a State approved firearm safety course before applying for a license."

Not true. We are allowed 4 private sales per year, anything beyond that has to go through FFL. But if he hasn't registered this lower(via a FA-10 form) as a complete rifle it's not considered a firearm and requires absolutely no paperwork.

mrjinglesusa
09-16-13, 08:49
If it helps I've recently seen the following sell quickly on TOS:

Complete Colt M4 Carbine Lower: $550

Complete Daniel Defense Lower: $350

Complete Noveske Lower w/ quality parts: $450

You can buy a complete LMT, BCM, Rainier Arms, etc. online right now for less than $400.

What does all this tell me? Quality complete lowers are going for roughly $400 on average in this market. You may get a bit of a premium since yours is billet.

As others have said - it's a buyers market. There are simply way too many complete lowers in the market and stripped lowers, lower parts kits, etc. are readily available online at reasonable prices.

What I would do is price out your lower at CURRENT market prices and try that amount first. You are not going to get your money back if you bought parts during the panic.

Seekins billet lower --- ~$250
Umbrella corp grip --- ~$20
Magpul ctr stock --- ~$75
Magpul ASAP -- ~$28
Bad ass ambi selector --- ~$28
Milspec trigger group --- ~$50
Seekins billet mag release --- ~$6

Not sure what LPK, buffer tube, spring, buffer, etc. you used so can't price those.

I might suggest selling the Magpul CTR separately as many people might want to use a different stock.

EDIT: Two complete Seekins Billet lowers for sale on TOS. One is priced at $475 and one at $575. The $575 one has a Geisselle trigger. Just more data points to consider when pricing yours.

JW5219
09-16-13, 09:31
Not true. We are allowed 4 private sales per year, anything beyond that has to go through FFL. But if he hasn't registered this lower(via a FA-10 form) as a complete rifle it's not considered a firearm and requires absolutely no paperwork.

oilspill is correct.