PDA

View Full Version : texas school textbook redefines(sumarizes) the 2nd

Honu
09-16-13, 17:55
that other post where someone said Texas will never fall !
I said it will cause they are going after the kids

new text book redefines the 2nd !

as they say inch by inch first put it in see how it does then move it forward !!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/16/wait-until-you-see-how-a-high-school-textbook-summarizes-the-rights-granted-in-the-second-amendment/

DrMark
09-16-13, 18:00
As the kids say, "Epic Fail."

SilverBullet432
09-16-13, 18:09
hell ours never said that. they strictly said SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!! what are those TEA clowns thinking these days?? also: those TAKS tests were crap. i hated taking those, although they were easy.:p

kwelz
09-16-13, 19:04
Texas sure likes to screw with their text books don't they.

Honu
09-16-13, 19:13
problem is Texas is the one that sets the standards in a sense for text books so they then go out from there to other states !

Texas sure likes to screw with their text books don't they.

Bubba FAL
09-16-13, 19:55
There is a strong push on the left to "turn" Texas and other traditionally red states. They'll follow the same plan as tried elsewhere - write off the older generations and indoctrinate our children.

kwelz
09-16-13, 20:02
problem is Texas is the one that sets the standards in a sense for text books so they then go out from there to other states !

Oh trust me I know. I have helped work against the machine involved there. It is scary.

Honu
09-16-13, 20:29
cool :) sorry then :)
amazed at how many parents even dont know that :)

Oh trust me I know. I have helped work against the machine involved there. It is scary.

nml
09-16-13, 21:55
Commie books make commie kids ;)

Mac5.56
09-16-13, 22:04
Texas has a history and a trend towards rewriting text books. This does not surprise me in the least from a state that also tries to discredit and ignore science by rewriting science curriculum.

Honu
09-16-13, 22:21
our constitution is not science ?

and science is constantly changing and re writing itself as it corrects itself and finds out new things or things they were wrong about etc.. without anyone else involved :)
our science books from 20 years ago should have dif info

our history books should have the same constitution as it did since it was written !
our history books post 9/11 will have dif info as they did before and should mention who did it ! of course even that has been changed and took out it was muslim extremists ! so that has changed in some books

Texas has a history and a trend towards rewriting text books. This does not surprise me in the least from a state that also tries to discredit and ignore science by rewriting science curriculum.

kwelz
09-16-13, 22:33
our constitution is not science ?

and science is constantly changing and re writing itself as it corrects itself and finds out new things or things they were wrong about etc.. without anyone else involved :)
our science books from 20 years ago should have dif info

our history books should have the same constitution as it did since it was written !
our history books post 9/11 will have dif info as they did before and should mention who did it ! of course even that has been changed and took out it was muslim extremists ! so that has changed in some books

Yeah the problem is that Texas was just making stuff up. Kind of like in this case.

As you stated above. Texas sets the defacto standard because of the sheer number of books they buy in a given year. It gives them a lot of power and the people in charge are idiots more often than not. they woudl rather push their own agenda than stay within facts.

Mac5.56
09-16-13, 22:35
Um, I was talking about circumventing the entire scientific process regarding subjects vocal members of religious groups take issue with. Ignoring scientific evidence in an attempt to re-write reality to fit a specific and dogmatic view of the world is Texas' public school MO.

IE: Ignoring the 1st Amendment of the Constitution for political purposes is no different then ignoring the 2nd. It's true our books, as you so aptly put it: "our... books should have the same constitution as it did since it was written ! " and this includes all of the amendments not just the ones we happen to agree with.

Texas loves to rewrite their school books to fit an agenda. They've been doing it for a LONG time.

GeorgiaBoy
09-16-13, 22:53
It's an AP US History textbook, so most of the students wouldn't see it.

I do know for a fact that my AP USH and AP GOV textbooks that I used in high school listed the amendment's meaning correctly.

Different authors have different agendas.

Honu
09-16-13, 23:17
did not hear they were making stuff up ?

Yeah the problem is that Texas was just making stuff up. Kind of like in this case.

As you stated above. Texas sets the defacto standard because of the sheer number of books they buy in a given year. It gives them a lot of power and the people in charge are idiots more often than not. they woudl rather push their own agenda than stay within facts.

Honu
09-16-13, 23:20
it's in some other states and places which they have confirmed a few !
and again they always get it in one small spot then change the others saying well it was here so now we put it in all of them !

and again agenda or not ANY history should not be altered especially our constitution !

It's an AP US History textbook, so most of the students wouldn't see it.

I do know for a fact that my AP USH and AP GOV textbooks that I used in high school listed the amendment's meaning correctly.

Different authors have different agendas.

kwelz
09-16-13, 23:21
and again agenda or not ANY history should not be altered especially our constitution !

I think we all agree on that.

Belmont31R
09-16-13, 23:24
I didn't find that book on the TEA website under their approved books list. Probably just a district purchase by Denton.

Honu
09-16-13, 23:57
read the other stuff they changed :)

the book is also being used in Wash and Ga and is online for use in Cali

brickboy240
09-17-13, 10:19
My daughter is currently a high school freshman and I looked through her current history book.

Saw nothing like this and the Bill of Rights was correctly listed - none of that junk in the story listed above.

This is in the Cy-Fair ISD .. one of the largest ISD's in the Houston area.

Seriously...where do they get this stuff?

Honu
09-17-13, 21:23
More

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/17/publisher-of-ap-history-book-containing-questionable-second-amendment-summary-has-direct-ties-to-common-core-and-theres-more/

Honu
09-17-13, 21:24
Its not in every book ?
Its in some and if they have there way will be in every book !

My daughter is currently a high school freshman and I looked through her current history book.

Saw nothing like this and the Bill of Rights was correctly listed - none of that junk in the story listed above.

This is in the Cy-Fair ISD .. one of the largest ISD's in the Houston area.

Seriously...where do they get this stuff?

kwelz
09-17-13, 21:24
More

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/17/publisher-of-ap-history-book-containing-questionable-second-amendment-summary-has-direct-ties-to-common-core-and-theres-more/

And who the hell summarizes amendments by grouping them like that.

williejc
09-17-13, 22:49
Relax. Don't fret. I'm a retired teacher. The kids who can read don't read text books. They be boring. The other group can't name their classes or teachers. Anyway, most go to school to eat a free breakfast and lunch and usually skip out before the day is over. My school had assault leave if your ass whipping was severe enough to warrant time off. My first year there, the guy who had won teacher of the year award for the previous session, showed up drunk on day 1. My advice to new teachers was don't bend over.

Javelin
09-17-13, 23:27
Make sure to rate it and put a comment on amazon

brickboy240
09-18-13, 14:30
There is also some uproar in Austin over some science books with writing about creationism but again...my daughter's books do not have this stuff. I looked.

Any chance these stories are made up or maybe one obscure district or two doing it but they make it out to be the whole damn state?

Like I said...my daughter's books do not have this mumbo jumbo. One of the largest ISDs in the biggest Texas city and that crap is simply not here....sorry.

-brickboy240

Belmont31R
09-18-13, 14:36
There is also some uproar in Austin over some science books with writing about creationism but again...my daughter's books do not have this stuff. I looked.

Any chance these stories are made up or maybe one obscure district or two doing it but they make it out to be the whole damn state?

Like I said...my daughter's books do not have this mumbo jumbo. One of the largest ISDs in the biggest Texas city and that crap is simply not here....sorry.

-brickboy240

I didn't find that book on the TEA website and at least amazon doesn't list an isbn which is a universal book tracking number all manner of schools use.

The_War_Wagon
09-18-13, 15:18
The Founding Father's were more prophetic than we give them credit for! They established an amendment for National Guard Units... 140 years before states invented them! :rolleyes:

brickboy240
09-18-13, 15:26
I used to think that The Blaze was an upright source for news, but lately, they have been posting things that belong on World Net Daily or Newsmax.

Very questionable, panic type stuff that cannot be verified and used to promote fear only.

-brickboy240