PDA

View Full Version : Hera Arms AR15 grip

philpac33
09-17-13, 14:47
Has anyone had a chance to use/feel the new Hera Arms AR15 grip yet? I just got an email from Tactical Link showing it(I'd post a link if I knew how on my phone). Paraphrasing: German made, ultra durable polymer, improved biomechanics to better align the trigger finger for a more direct rearward trigger pull, grip plug, grippy textured rear and front panels, $22.95. It certainly sounds interesting.

dravz
09-25-13, 14:04
Has anyone had a chance to use/feel the new Hera Arms AR15 grip yet? I just got an email from Tactical Link showing it(I'd post a link if I knew how on my phone). Paraphrasing: German made, ultra durable polymer, improved biomechanics to better align the trigger finger for a more direct rearward trigger pull, grip plug, grippy textured rear and front panels, $22.95. It certainly sounds interesting.

Nobody? I was looking forward to M4C reviews before wasting any money.

Iraqgunz
09-25-13, 14:07
Probably because most won't waste money on Hera Arms.

dravz
09-25-13, 14:26
Probably because most won't waste money on Hera Arms.

That's good info too, y'know :ph34r:

1911-A1
09-25-13, 14:42
Hera Arms is usually in the "form over function" camp.

http://www.tacticallink.com/assets/images/ProductImages/Grips/AR15/HERA/SAM_0152-TL-492x400.jpg

It looks like they took the MOE pattern (not just the design, but the actual MAGPUL logos are even evident on the grip texturing) and tried to give it similar lines as their magazines for those guys that just have to have a uniform aesthetic appeal across their accessories.

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/HERA_Arms_H3MAG_5.56mm_.223_Rem._Polymer_Rifle_Magazine_with_Window_51.jpg

Although I will say, I would imagine it's pretty hard to mess up a pistol grip. All you have to do is not make it out of papier mache.

SPQR476
09-25-13, 15:13
Noted.

Swag
09-25-13, 15:50
Now that's brazen...

Vec
09-25-13, 15:54
that looks ok.. but i'll stick with my Umbrella corp 23

SpankMonkey
09-25-13, 16:00
No thanks. MOE + for me.

DMViergever
09-25-13, 16:20
I nearly bought a couple of their mags a while back and found some awful reviews and the more checking I did to more I found of them making less than quality products...

wahoo95
09-25-13, 17:51
I like it. May have to try one

skullworks
09-26-13, 04:01
HERA also ripped off Battle Arms Designs by copying their B.A.D-A.S.S. lever (http://www.hera-arms.com/#!mpss/cu6y).

montrala
09-26-13, 04:48
HERA also ripped off Battle Arms Designs by copying their B.A.D-A.S.S. lever (http://www.hera-arms.com/#!mpss/cu6y).

This at least work. Quite well I must say (I got prototype for T&E and have it still in HK).

BTW I do not see much "rip-off" here. Removable levers are not new design and not limited to BAD, levers itself do not look or feel like copy and I think only Hera has option to choose between 90 and 45 dgr throw in one unit.

BTW2 AFAIK lot of US companies in this industry do not protect their IP outside US. But when this stuff makes back to US... this is whole different story.

skullworks
09-26-13, 08:30
BTW I do not see much "rip-off" here. Removable levers are not new design and not limited to BAD, levers itself do not look or feel like copy and I think only Hera has option to choose between 90 and 45 dgr throw in one unit.
I cannot speak for "feel" but they look very much like a copy. Aside from the axle design, look at the various options of lever lengths, thickness etc. Straight knock-off.

BTW2 AFAIK lot of US companies in this industry do not protect their IP outside US. But when this stuff makes back to US... this is whole different story.
Just because a U.S. company hasn't protected their IP outside of the U.S. yet (or can't afford to do it if the company is a small garage operation built around a single product) doesn't make it any less of a rip-off if someone copies the design.

montrala
09-26-13, 09:26
I cannot speak for "feel" but they look very much like a copy. Aside from the axle design, look at the various options of lever lengths, thickness etc. Straight knock-off.

I did not need to look, I had both products in hand. Just because both designs have shorter and longer levers do not make one rip-off of other. Selection of levers on MPSS is different that in BAD-ASS and only two kinds of levers are more/less same shape as BAD-ASS thin and thin-short lever. Also Hera uses obviously different materials to make levers.

On this grounds you could call BAD-ASS rip-off from JPFC-S modular safety, because BAD-ASS has two levers that look similar to JP levers and also uses central screw to fix them in place.

Sorry but I do not buy idea of patenting "rounded corners".

As to my remark off IP, I understand noble values and personally would prefer that nobody takes someone other IP, even if not protected, but world does not work that way. I'm personally a victim of IP fraud, so I know how it feels and works.

BTT This grip does not look to comfortable and using grip pattern taken straight from Magpul looks to me like someone cut some corners and was working faster than thinking. Because I do not see any actual practical reason or anything to gain by copying only stripling pattern while using overall different grip shape.

dravz
09-26-13, 09:45
It looks like they took the MOE pattern (not just the design, but the actual MAGPUL logos are even evident on the grip texturing)

Haha wow, that's... just wow :rolleyes:

ky2970
09-26-13, 10:37
Like someone else already said, they're very much oriented in the form over function manner and I wouldn't spend money on a product where the priorities are backwards.

Abraham
09-26-13, 16:00
What's the difference between a copy and a counterfeit?

skullworks
09-26-13, 16:35
What's the difference between a copy and a counterfeit?
A copy is company X's design marketed by manufacturer Y under their own (Y's) name.
A counterfeit is company X's design marketed by manufacturer Y as though it was X's product.

Lian
09-26-13, 17:32
It looks like they took the MOE pattern (not just the design, but the actual MAGPUL logos are even evident on the grip texturing)

dafuq? haha, i was telling myself the pattern looked like the magpul logo.
they've got a fn cheek.

Abraham
09-27-13, 15:36
skullworks,

Thanks for the education.

Knyghtmare
09-27-13, 17:05
Hera Arms is usually in the "form over function" camp.

http://www.tacticallink.com/assets/images/ProductImages/Grips/AR15/HERA/SAM_0152-TL-492x400.jpg

It looks like they took the MOE pattern (not just the design, but the actual MAGPUL logos are even evident on the grip texturing) and tried to give it similar lines as their magazines for those guys that just have to have a uniform aesthetic appeal across their accessories.

Wow, you can really see the Magpul logo in that texturing pretty clearly. That takes some balls, or just blatant stupidity...

Krull
09-27-13, 23:09
Odd to use the Magpul pattern but otherwise looks okay,just has that same stupid thing the MOE grip had that drove me nuts-the grip cover is a separate cap,which is just one more thing to come loose and get lost.

Which is why I have the BCM grip now.

theGOLDENchild
10-15-13, 12:20
Just received mine a couple weeks ago. It doesn't have the same texturing as the one previously pictured. It has either H or I patterns all over it. My pic was with my phone but I circled part where you can see the pattern. I find the grip quite comfortable, more so than my previous MOE.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/goldenpc/IMG_20130928_240547_145_zpsecd87938.jpg

badness
10-15-13, 15:08

Good lord. It's obvious that company knows nothing of the industry if they didn't even realize that the texturing was magpul's own logo.

badness
10-15-13, 15:10
Just received mine a couple weeks ago. It doesn't have the same texturing as the one previously pictured. It has either H or I patterns all over it. My pic was with my phone but I circled part where you can see the pattern. I find the grip quite comfortable, more so than my previous MOE.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/goldenpc/IMG_20130928_240547_145_zpsecd87938.jpg

hera arms employee?

theGOLDENchild
10-15-13, 20:12
hera arms employee?

Nope. Just a new AR owner. I've been waiting a couple weeks for my account here to be validated so I could share some info. The thread attracted me as I was having a hard time trying to find details about the grip.

Lian
10-16-13, 01:37

probably changed the manufacturing mold after they got sued.

skullworks
10-16-13, 03:26
Were they though?