PDA

View Full Version : Good CNN op ed article on gun control

grunz
09-17-13, 16:32
Good read on why more "gun control" is not the way.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/opinion/granderson-gun-control-fail/index.html?c=politics&page=1

GeorgiaBoy
09-17-13, 16:36
Probably one of the few LZ Granderson articles I actually like.

Gutshot John
09-17-13, 16:40
Well I'll be a sunuva...I could have sworn I read anti-gun tracts from him.

In other news Hell has officially frozen over.

munch520
09-17-13, 16:49
No emotional rhetoric!? No misrepresentation of facts?!

Logic?

And it's on CNN.com?!???

I just had a stroke.

jaxman7
09-17-13, 17:15
Don't watch CNN though. I was in a restaurant for about an hour today doing 'work stuff' on my lap top. CNN was playing on the TV and my stomach started hurting having to listen to Piers Morgan and 'Volf Blitz-ah'. Piers is going to interview a Christian preacher tonight whose son committed suicide with a firearm. Excellent timing on that. Nope, no agenda. :mad:

-Jax

RogerinTPA
09-17-13, 17:31
Although I've never cared for CNN, and don't watch it, it is refreshing to see a logical unbiased article on gun violence from them for a change. If MSNBC had written it, I would have passed out from utter confusion.

kcara
09-17-13, 19:41
This was a good article. CNN,s actual coverage was awful. One so called expert stated that an ar15 was capable of 1 inch groups at 100 yards for a beginner.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-17-13, 21:43
Is CNN.com down???? I can't get on it while I can get other websites to come up??

halo2304
09-17-13, 21:54
I read that today as well. It didn't strike me as pro-gun or unbiased but it did have much less anti-gun tones than I expected. Maybe it's just me but, it almost read as if he was advising in a from-one-gun-control advocate-to-another kind of way that they need to change their strategy (but not their goal.) Overall, it was still nice to read something that wasn't so completely anti-gun that it could have been ripped from the MAIG website.

TAZ
09-17-13, 21:54
I swear to God; I think I've been kidnapped by alien fem-bots and taken to inverse world or something.

Republicans want to legalize pot.
Democrats want to go to war.
CNN is publishing articles against knee jerk gun control.

WTF???