PDA

View Full Version : Looks like BCM listened...

WS6
09-18-13, 12:05
Larger Gunfighter grip. Shorter VFG.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Grip-GFG-Mod-3-Black-p/bcm-gfg-mod-3-black.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Vertical-Grip-SHORT-Black-p/bcm-vg-s-black.htm

ffusaf23
09-18-13, 12:10
Nice, need one of each...Any idea when available?

snakedoctor
09-18-13, 12:12
What's new about the GFG MOD3?

09-18-13, 12:16

On the web page it says

Each grip features an extended forward tang to close the gap between the trigger guard and pistol grip, and a high rise "beavertail" style back strap.
Up to a quarter of an inch wider than the BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 0 and Mod 1 grips.

Also from looking at the pictures the forward tang is molded into the grip unlike the other one that has different size inserts.

bullittmcqueen
09-18-13, 12:18

Same rake, more room up under the beavertail for a better purchase on the grip, and slightly fatter up top.

Kain
09-18-13, 12:19
Very nice. Will be looking into that as soon as one comes in stock.

On further note, any one interested in a GFG Mod 1?

CrazyFingers
09-18-13, 12:19

From the product web page:

Each grip features an extended forward tang to close the gap between the trigger guard and pistol grip, and a high rise "beavertail" style back strap.
Up to a quarter of an inch wider than the BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 0 and Mod 1 grips.

3ACR_Scout
09-18-13, 12:26
I'm guessing the GFG Mod 2 will be a Mod 3 without the beavertail? Just wondering out loud, since they don't show a Mod 2 on the website yet. I'll have to compare the Mods 1 and 3 to before buying anything new.

Dave

DTakas
09-18-13, 12:34
- - - - -

C4IGrant
09-18-13, 12:56
Larger Gunfighter grip. Shorter VFG.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Grip-GFG-Mod-3-Black-p/bcm-gfg-mod-3-black.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Vertical-Grip-SHORT-Black-p/bcm-vg-s-black.htm

Actually they didn't. The short version was ALWAYS in the system.

C4

Grand58742
09-18-13, 15:20
So....

Where's the Gunfighter Mod 2 and what's it going to be?

kiwi57
09-18-13, 15:22
I asked BCM about the Mod3 grip recently, didn't hear back.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1742418#post1742418

The photo wasn't available on the website at the time of my query so I wonder: does the newly available image portend an approaching release date?

shadow93
09-18-13, 15:29
I'm all for a shorter VFG but 44$!? :rolleyes: I think I'll stick to what I have and put that money into ammo instead.

Boba Fett v2
09-18-13, 15:33
A bit off topic, but does the BCM FDE color match the KAC Taupe?

kdcgrohl
09-18-13, 15:35
A bit off topic, but does the BCM FDE color match the KAC Taupe?

No. BCM is much lighter.

Boba Fett v2
09-18-13, 15:38
No. BCM is much lighter.

Rgr. Thanks

Having no luck finding a discontinued coyote MIAD I'm left with limited options, but I'm getting to a point where it doesn't matter if it all matches. All cosmetic BS is what I keep telling myself :rolleyes: Not to hi-jack, but anyone have any experience with the MFT pistol grips? The ones that look like the MIAD? The Scorched Dark Earth looks like it might work.

WS6
09-18-13, 21:14
I have been running my BCM grips with the "slick front" insert because the "shelf" leading to that gap-covering "tang" rubbed on my middle finger just mocking it up before I bolted it down. I know over even just a short range session I would hate it. Am I somehow doing things wrong, or does anyone else share my experience?

grunz
09-19-13, 00:31
I agree. The "tang" sucks here just as it did on the tango down grip because both sit proud of the bunny ears and any trigger guard.

If the point of the "tang" is to fill in the gap between the lower bunny ears then the tang should be molded flush with with the lower surface of the bunny ears and long enough to fill the gap as seen with a mil-spec stock trigger guard. We should be expected to be capable of trimming the tang if needed to accommodate a different trigger guard.

Amur
09-19-13, 15:32
My big old hand are def ordering a V3

Plato
09-19-13, 16:38
Rgr. Thanks

Having no luck finding a discontinued coyote MIAD I'm left with limited options, but I'm getting to a point where it doesn't matter if it all matches. All cosmetic BS is what I keep telling myself :rolleyes: Not to hi-jack, but anyone have any experience with the MFT pistol grips? The ones that look like the MIAD? The Scorched Dark Earth looks like it might work.

I've only seen that color on a MIAD once and it was two years ago on arf...

Too bad since it was a good solid color.

Glockman1968
09-19-13, 18:01
I wonder if the depth would be comparable to a MIAD with the large back strap, yet wider.

That would be ideal, IMHO.

Boba Fett v2
09-19-13, 18:36
I wonder if the depth would be comparable to a MIAD with the large back strap, yet wider.

That would be ideal, IMHO.

The BCM or the MFT MIAD-like grip?

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

ScatmanCrothers
09-19-13, 19:09
I have been running my BCM grips with the "slick front" insert because the "shelf" leading to that gap-covering "tang" rubbed on my middle finger just mocking it up before I bolted it down. I know over even just a short range session I would hate it. Am I somehow doing things wrong, or does anyone else share my experience?

Same issue here. Will have to wait for one with a slick front. I switched my GFG 1 away from the extended insert after about 30 minutes at the range. Just how it is for some folks I guess.

Glockman1968
09-19-13, 20:32
The BCM or the MFT MIAD-like grip?

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

A Magpul MIAD. I like the depth, but not the width. I like the BCM grip angle, just wondering about the size in relation to the MIAD which I'm currently running.

BCM really seems to be taking the bull by the horns on a lot of stuff. If this new grip fills those size parameters, I'll get one today. If they were available, that is.

NeoNeanderthal
09-19-13, 20:45
It's amazing how when i got into firearms a few years ago, no one had heard of them. Now, not only do they have great guns- but well thought out shit to bolt onto them.

DiamondD
09-19-13, 21:00
I really like both.