PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texas, part help

murphman
09-18-13, 16:06
Hi I am hoping I might be able to get a little help. I am in need of a trigger guard roll pin for an ar15. Not looking for a free handout, I will pay for it its just I have a problem with a 2$ part costing 8$ to ship. If anyone happens to have spares hanging around and can help a local out it would be much appreciated, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks all,
Murph

09-18-13, 16:58
According to a quick google search (http://biggerhammer.net/ar15/pins.html), the roll pin is 3/32 x 5/8. I would hit up a good hardware store, like turners (http://www.turnerhardware.com/), and buy one for probably 0.25 cents.

If you want a "mil spec" one maybe try SOG armory (http://www.sogarmory.com/).

thopkins22
09-18-13, 17:02
I'll buy one and send it to you to keep you out of SOG Armory.

Texas Tactical Gear is the answer. Jen runs one of the few shops I'd let touch my rifle.

I'd go see them...their shop is in an industrial park off of 45 just south of the beltway. The address is on their webpage.

09-18-13, 17:09
I'll buy one and send it to you to keep you out of SOG Armory.

I have never been to SOG, but I remember seeing them at the gun shows when I used to go, are they a bunch of pricks?

thopkins22
09-18-13, 17:12
I have never been to SOG, but I remember seeing them at the gun shows when I used to go, are they a bunch of pricks?

Not so much pricks, but you wind up having to sort the chaff from the wheat when picking parts up from them.

They're the kind of place that was charging 10-15% above MSRP long before any of the panics started.

I also know of a guy who purchased one of their bolts that literally broke at the cam pin inside of 200 rounds. Things happen, but that's crazy.

When there's a shop like TTG run by someone like Jen, I just don't see the sense in giving them any business.

09-18-13, 17:41
Hi I am hoping I might be able to get a little help. I am in need of a trigger guard roll pin for an ar15. Not looking for a free handout, I will pay for it its just I have a problem with a 2$ part costing 8$ to ship. If anyone happens to have spares hanging around and can help a local out it would be much appreciated, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks all,
Murph

If you're ok with a stainless spiral roll pin let me know. I'll drop one in the mail for you free of charge. I'll even pay postage. Shoot me a PM. I'm in Houston as well. I have crap I need to mail off anyway.

murphman
09-18-13, 19:59
If you're ok with a stainless spiral roll pin let me know. I'll drop one in the mail for you free of charge. I'll even pay postage. Shoot me a PM. I'm in Houston as well. I have crap I need to mail off anyway.

Thanks for the info on the part and the offer bud, I am going to see if thopkins can pick one up for me. If they don't have anything available I might give you a shout if the offer is still available.

09-18-13, 20:09
Just shoot me a PM... I found a standard pin as well in my bag of parts that I never used. :cool:

murphman
09-18-13, 20:12
Just shoot me a PM... I found a standard pin as well in my bag of parts that I never used. :cool:

ok ok ok haha

09-18-13, 21:06
LOL no pressure.. haha just helping a fellow M4C'er out. :D