PDA

View Full Version : Good LPK for my 80% lower

AR15freak
09-19-13, 18:34
Just like the title says, I'm completing my 80% lower soon and am looking for a quality LPK for it.. I read reviews of kits from various companies (DPMS, RRA) and generally they are good but some have a few small parts that are out of spec, missing springs, etc.. Any recommendations of a good quality kit you guys have actually used that doesn't have these issues?

Col_Crocs
09-19-13, 19:37
DPMS kits are horrible. RRA is probably not too far behind.
IIRC, Grant sells some.... As does DD.

lunchbox
09-19-13, 19:54
Just like the title says, I'm completing my 80% lower soon and am looking for a quality LPK for it.. I read reviews of kits from various companies (DPMS, RRA) and generally they are good but some have a few small parts that are out of spec, missing springs, etc.. Any recommendations of a good quality kit you guys have actually used that doesn't have these issues?If their routinely out of spec or missing parts then their not GTG. Grants LPK with QMS would be my suggestion, if he doesn't have them then PSA I guess.

C4IGrant
09-19-13, 20:00
Mine. ;)

C4

Iraqgunz
09-19-13, 20:21
You're just a brand whore.

Mine. ;)

C4

SteveS
09-19-13, 20:24
DMPS does suck. Palmetto State Armory is way better , Grants is top quality. Parts aren't always parts. There should be more 80% lowers done!!!

clarkarchery
09-19-13, 20:28
I really like the cmmg lpk

SilverBullet432
09-19-13, 21:52
I really like the cmmg lpk

Cmmg<dpms

AR15freak
09-20-13, 16:12
DMPS does suck. Palmetto State Armory is way better , Grants is top quality. Parts aren't always parts. There should be more 80% lowers done!!!

Yup.. eventually I'm going to change out all my lowers to 80's that I built up myself while I still can.

Armati
09-20-13, 17:55
Mine. ;)

C4

In stock no less!

By the way, these are the best. And... unlike most LPK's they don't include a pistol grip, because I don't know what people do with all of those extra A2 grips.

VLODPG
09-20-13, 18:47
DPMS kits are horrible. RRA is probably not too far behind.
IIRC, Grant sells some.... As does DD.

I'm not a big fan of DPMS but I have used them in some of my guns. I don't think they are as bad as some believe.
If they were, why would Bravo Company carry them?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Lower-Parts-Kit-p/dpms%20lpk%20-%20semi.htm

polymorpheous
09-20-13, 19:29
I'm not a big fan of DPMS but I have used them in some of my guns. I don't think they are as bad as some believe.
If they were, why would Bravo Company carry them?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Lower-Parts-Kit-p/dpms%20lpk%20-%20semi.htm

Too bad they are as bad as everyone believes.

I had a partial DPMS kit in a lower.
Bolt catch is all chewed up.
Trigger guard pin was loose.
Selector could stop halfway and stay there.

Nola_Jack
09-20-13, 19:35
Why not a white oak with ALG ACT?