PDA

View Full Version : Citizens Arrest in Grand Rapids

Grand58742
09-20-13, 05:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bt2_Rgle9eM#t=170

Not sure of the laws on citizens arrest and what kind of defensive force you can use. Reference around 1:00 in when the perp bites him and he hits her.

For that matter, what kind of restraint can you use in those situations in Michigan?

Nice to see bystanders getting involved though. And just loved the perp's excuse "but she's rich!"

Voodoo_Man
09-20-13, 06:31
In a citizens arrest pretty much everything under deadly or "serious bodily injury" goes unless its to overcome their force and stop the threat.

He got bit, he hit back.

I'm totally for more citizens making arrests like this.

Watrdawg
09-20-13, 08:01
Looks like she got what she deserved! When she bit the guy he held back a bit when punching her. She's lucky he didn't hawl off and knock the snot out of her!

It's good to see bystanders get involved. It's a shame it doesn't happen more often.

No.6
09-20-13, 08:08
Really surprised that people got involved and were willing to expose themselves to potential physical harm and almost certain litigation.

Gotta love the comments left by the viewers. Funny how rapidly they spin into sarcastic remarks about the Obama family. Seems the Big O isn't popular, at least in this video thread.

Rather than punch, which leaves bruises and opens up potential new assault charges (other than the ones that will result from him holding her down as soon a RaceBait Inc arrives on the scene), why not take the forearm and lay it and your body weight across the throat?

JBecker 72
09-20-13, 08:19
They were talking about this on the radio this morning and they made it sound like the guy beat the hell out of her. It wasn't bad. Trash got what was coming to her IMO.

NCPatrolAR
09-20-13, 09:16
why not take the forearm and lay it and your body weight across the throat?

Then it looks like you're choking the person

lunchbox
09-20-13, 09:26
They were talking about this on the radio this morning and they made it sound like the guy beat the hell out of her. It wasn't bad. Trash got what was coming to her IMO.That's the media for ya', their initial reports probably had him doing so with an "AR or Assault Type Weapon".:rolleyes:..

skijunkie55
09-20-13, 10:23
hey! I know that street! :D (and I can't believe it took that long to get an officer there)

The fine upstanding citizens of west michigan...

"Please get off me... I didn't hit her..."
lol

skijunkie55
09-20-13, 10:30
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/skijunkie55/haha-2.png

For Reference...

Point A is the location of the incident.
Point B is the local PD.

NCPatrolAR
09-20-13, 11:16
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/skijunkie55/haha-2.png

For Reference...

Point A is the location of the incident.
Point B is the local PD.

If its like us; there's rarely any patrol officers at the office

fixit69
09-20-13, 11:23
Maybe LEO's here can answer this question.

What is biting considered legally? With the possible transmission of disease, does it constitute more than say a punch(which can kill also), simple assault or somthing else. Just curious.

NCPatrolAR
09-20-13, 11:40
Simple assault in most cases

skydivr
09-20-13, 11:47
They shoulda flipped her over on her stomach....