PDA

View Full Version : SCAR-H in the news

wild_wild_wes
09-21-13, 17:10
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/S1HTFfOdswP9PCwl9w44PQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9Nzk7dz0xNTMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/3226ce90e1410a1f3e0f6a706700aea8.jpg

Associated Press/Jonathan Kalan - Armed police leave after entering the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013. Gunmen threw grenades and opened fire Saturday, killing at least 22 people in an attack targeting non-Muslims at an upscale mall in Kenya's capital that was hosting a children's day event, a Red Cross official and witnesses said. (AP Photo/Jonathan Kalan)

http://news.yahoo.com/39-dead-kenya-mall-attack-hostages-still-held-212623649.html

MadAngler1
09-21-13, 17:37
I have some colleagues of mine who are down there on a medical mission. That's horrible news.

That damn Eotech needs to be ditched though. I wonder what kind of training the troops in that photo have to deal with hostage/terrorist CQB situations.

wild_wild_wes
09-21-13, 17:40
More pics here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427892/Nairobi-mall-Gunmen-massacred-22-Kenyan-shopping-centre-targeted-non-Islamics.html

We will be seeing repeats of this story the rest of our lives. Here too.

Fox33
09-21-13, 18:19
More pics here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427892/Nairobi-mall-Gunmen-massacred-22-Kenyan-shopping-centre-targeted-non-Islamics.html

We will be seeing repeats of this story the rest of our lives. Here too.

and our military installations are effectively unprotected

once they figure out that our bases are easy pickings this is going to happen CONUS

even though we know this there is not one officer willing to risk have anyone other than MP's armed on base

and until the body bags are filled and SGLI gets paid out on a broad scale our bases will continue to be unsecured

MountainRaven
09-21-13, 18:24
I have some colleagues of mine who are down there on a medical mission. That's horrible news.

That damn Eotech needs to be ditched though. I wonder what kind of training the troops in that photo have to deal with hostage/terrorist CQB situations.

Judging from the fact that the soldier/police officer in question is running the front sight up with that EoTech, I would say that he feels that it is not the most trustworthy sighting system he's ever encountered....

once they figure out that our bases are easy pickings this is going to happen CONUS

even though we know this there is not one officer willing to risk have anyone other than MP's armed on base

and until the body bags are filled and SGLI gets paid out on a broad scale our bases will continue to be unsecured

If that day comes, when it comes, expect the Congress to unanimously pass a law preventing people on the 'terror watch list' from purchasing firearms.

sinlessorrow
09-21-13, 18:28
Judging from the fact that the soldier/police officer in question is running the front sight up on that EoTech, I would say that he feels that it is not the most trustworthy sighting system he's ever encountered....

If that day comes, when it comes, expect the Congress to unanimously pass a law preventing people on the 'terror watch list' from purchasing firearms.

No thyll just pass the Comifornia AWB when that happens.

deejai
09-21-13, 19:15
Interesting that this guy has a IDPA patch on his vest

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/21/article-2427892-1824AB6D00000578-870_964x641.jpg

darr3239
09-21-13, 19:44
Judging from the fact that the soldier/police officer in question is running the front sight up with that EoTech, I would say that he feels that it is not the most trustworthy sighting system he's ever encountered....
Guess that applies to everyone using sights up 1/3 witness with Aimpoints too.

Vash1023
09-21-13, 20:32

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/21/article-2427892-1824AB6D00000578-870_964x641.jpg

and the guy with the patch has index control, other guy, not so much

MountainRaven
09-21-13, 23:40

Don't see many people doing that unless the front sight is fixed.

Airhasz
09-22-13, 00:08

The guy in back has his finger on the trigger and pointing his weapon at the guys in front of him...lots of fail there...:eek:

Rattlehead
09-22-13, 00:25

So many procedurals.

wild_wild_wes
09-22-13, 00:41
C'est L'Afrique

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server3000/42c33/products/193/images/988/Rhodesian_lAfrique__32691.1360386081.1280.1280.jpg

BrigandTwoFour
09-22-13, 09:46

Don't jump to conclusions. I'm an officer, and I would fully support allowing weapons to be carried on post by any qualified service member.

The issue is breaking through the bureaucracy of qualification training and weapon issue/recovery. Unless everyone was allowed to keep their weapons at home, the amount of time required to issue/recover to everyone on post who wants to carry would be unworkable.

KalashniKEV
09-22-13, 10:24

There is a school of thought that preaches irons up at all times, especially when the lead starts to fly.

I believe Larry Vickers is a proponent.

It saves you some time reaching up and deploying your BUIS while bullets are impacting your body, or dumping the remainder of the mag for suppressive fire while seeking your nearest covered and concealed position to deploy your BUIS.

Also, Kenya is our strongest ally in the region. It is likely that these soldiers received training from our SOF elements.

All that having been said, EOtech is the fastest and most precise RDS. Is it as tough as an Aimpoint? No.

I've broken both, I still run both. They're electronics. They break.

Now, back to the discussion at hand...

MountainRaven
09-22-13, 10:56
I just noticed that they (all three of the SCARs seen) have their rear sights deployed. In addition to the one guy whose SCAR can be seen in its entirety with the front deployed.

And I have noticed that European and American SOF often do not even use BUIS in the wild, let alone having them deployed, whether running an RDS or something magnified (NF, Elcan, ACOG, &c.). Hell, many regular Marines and soldiers running RCOs on their weapons don't even have a rear sight....

And, yes, I am aware that there are instructors who teach having your BUIS deployed with an RDS. And I am aware that there are very good reasons for doing so. That doesn't change the fact that it is uncommon to see actual trigger-pullers in the field doing so.

My conclusion based on the above, combined with knowledge that the EoTech 552/512 is one of the models that earned EoTech their reputation for building sights that suddenly and inexplicable stop working, and experience with deployed BUIS used in conjunction with a not-1/3-co-witness EoTech is that either nobody in that unit trusts their EoTechs to not fail at an inopportune time (unlike, say, American SOF with 553s and EXPSs) or it is unit doctrine that the iron sights be deployed at all times.

Of course, it's also possible that if you asked those Kenyan troopers, they might tell you that you have to line up the rear sight, the front sight, and the EoTech's reticle to hit what you're aiming at.

Ned Christiansen
09-22-13, 11:22
It may be true that every guy in every picture is not going full textbook, but dang..... there is some good gear in evidence there. Some guys showed up with it, some were there and already had it with them.

Lots of serious-looking people, running toward the gunfire..... I say, you go, boys!

Sure beats a bunch of unarmed plainclothes dudes gathered behind a dumpster at the back of the mall talking into radios while another bunch of dudes in the front parking lot peers out from behind cars with bolt guns and rusty FAL's that they are handling today for the first time in two years!

Vintovka
09-22-13, 11:24
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/998965_598977996810658_1910768257_n.jpg

Steve
09-22-13, 11:24
The guy in back has his finger on the trigger and pointing his weapon at the guys in front of him...lots of fail there...:eek:

from what i see his finger is up above the trigger most likely on the frame question is he is wearing latex gloves

masakari
09-22-13, 11:41
how can Kenya afford to arm their troops with SCAR heavies? that seems odd when the rest of Africa seems to be using old FALs, G3s, etc.
I don't know much about the region honestly, but that is the last weapon that I would expect to see.

VIP3R 237
09-22-13, 11:48

I think he is referencing the known issue where Scars eat up optics, and the eotechs seem to be more prone to failure than most on the Scar.

Vintovka
09-22-13, 11:57
how can Kenya afford to arm their troops with SCAR heavies? that seems odd when the rest of Africa seems to be using old FALs, G3s, etc.
I don't know much about the region honestly, but that is the last weapon that I would expect to see.

They seem to be doing quite alright, all things considered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Kenya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Kenya)

BrigandTwoFour
09-22-13, 12:14

I imagine we have a lot to do with that. Probably Nigeria as well.

helothar
09-22-13, 13:53
Not only that but some of the captions I saw identified the guys with SCARs as elite units, so its not widely fielded. I've seen photos the former Ethiopian PMs body guards with Tavors

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aguila327
09-22-13, 14:31
When you travel to these third world countries you can pretty much bet the bank that when you see uniform state of the art equipment your looking at some kind of elite unit.

Or as I've seen in Central American countries "well financed" private units.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MAP
09-22-13, 14:51
from what i see his finger is up above the trigger most likely on the frame question is he is wearing latex gloves

Could be he went in prepared for first aid. That was my first thought.

Mike

Ned Christiansen
09-22-13, 15:59
I have not really followed the whole SCAR thing closely and am neither a fan nor a detractor, but I'll bet they were competitively priced.

MountainRaven
09-22-13, 16:01
I think he is referencing the known issue where Scars eat up optics, and the eotechs seem to be more prone to failure than most on the Scar.

I had actually forgotten that part.

:eek:

RHINOWSO
09-22-13, 16:14
I have not really followed the whole SCAR thing closely and am neither a fan nor a detractor, but I'll bet they were competitively priced.

Indeed. Other comparable / modern / reliable 7.62x51 semi-auto rifles are as much or more than the SCAR 17 (LMT, KAC, etc).

wild_wild_wes
09-22-13, 17:26

I think a lot of you guys would be surprised if you did some research on Kenya. Former British colony, definitely one of the better-run countries in Africa.

As for the guys with BUIS up, they are prolly fighting exactly as their SOF trainers taught them to.

KalashniKEV
09-22-13, 17:28
Of course, it's also possible that if you asked those Kenyan troopers, they might tell you that you have to line up the rear sight, the front sight, and the EoTech's reticle to hit what you're aiming at.

Or he might say, "I'm in a damn SOF unit in Africa shooting bad dudes in the face with big bullets. Go shoot dirt in your backyard and chat on the internet about Coke/Pepsi/Aimpoint/EOtech."

When you travel to these third world countries you can pretty much bet the bank that when you see uniform state of the art equipment your looking at some kind of elite unit.

This.

how can Kenya afford to arm their troops with SCAR heavies?

I'll bet they were competitively priced.

Nothing beats FREE... and while the continent is awash in "free," worn out 7.62x51 rifles, I'm sure these came from Uncle Sam along with some training and partnership.

There are 33 African countries with current FMS cases. I see one for Kenya for 6,961 x M4A1's, 22 x M1151 HMMWVs, and I'll bet there's a recent one for a bunch of SCARs out there if you look hard enough in the right places.

spr1
09-22-13, 17:34
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/998965_598977996810658_1910768257_n.jpg

Looks like the guy in the middle is content to just make noise

VIP3R 237
09-22-13, 17:40
Nothing beats FREE... and while the continent is awash in "free," worn out 7.62x51 rifles, I'm sure these came from Uncle Sam along with some training and partnership.

Uncle Barack taking care of his homeland.

wild_wild_wes
09-22-13, 17:54
I will bet #68 is from another unit.

Either that, or he is a support troop and didn't rate a SCAR :D

Tzed250
09-22-13, 18:01
A woman in our church mentioned that she had been in that mall several times this summer. You never know...

txgunsuscg
09-22-13, 18:20

There is one officer. And I wrote a letter to my Congressman to that effect. Unfortunately, I don't get to make that kind of decision myself.

As for the sight being up, it's probably that way because he's been taught the second it takes to flip up those sights in case of optic failure could be the difference between life and death.

Speaking to their training, according to CNN: "Israeli special forces were at the scene and were working with their Kenyan counterparts in the hostage crisis, Kenyan government sources told CNN."

JoshNC
09-22-13, 20:01
Looks like the guy in the middle is content to just make noise

These guys are all demonstrating excellent trigger finger discipline. Kudos to these Kenyan soldiers. Those without SCAR-H look to have Colt M4s with Matech rear buis and KAC RAS fore-ends. It is nice to see that these chaps are running proper equipment.

MountainRaven
09-22-13, 23:07
Or he might say, "I'm in a damn SOF unit in Africa shooting bad dudes in the face with big bullets. Go shoot dirt in your backyard and chat on the internet about Coke/Pepsi/Aimpoint/EOtech."

Says the guy who made it about Aimpoint versus EoTech....

That being said, I'm glad I'm in America, able to shoot dirt in my backyard and not in Africa (full stop).

Keith E.
09-23-13, 15:00

Gift, maybe?

Keith

JasonB1
09-24-13, 18:00

Saw another pic of a guy wearing a beret armed with an M4 with the rear flipped down also. He was squatting down beside another guy with an L1A1, which had it's rear flipped up, but appeared to be on the 400m setting.

SpartanDCI
09-24-13, 18:48
Kenya got the SCARs and M4's from US through FMS sales and Foreign Internal Defense (FID) training due to the Muslim extremists migrating through Kenya since the 1990's......................Eotechs may be cast offs from US stocks also.......so beggars can't be choosers...........better to see them being used to shoot bad guys than sit in a warehouse here in the states or worse yet, be cut up into scrap for some token liberal statement against guns..........................

armakraut
09-25-13, 03:36
Those are brand new. They've got the new flash hider design.

Nice to see that SCAR stocks are still coming in varying degrees of straightness. Nothing like good quality control on a 3k rifle.

Ned Christiansen
09-25-13, 13:07
I may know as much about the SCAR as a good many people but I feel a little deficient. Can somebody post a link to a not-pages-long piece dealing with the problems? You mentioned warped stocks-- I remember two years ago talking to a chum in South America about SCARs being tested there and there was a stock breaking issue.

I've seen them, handled them, shot them but honestly they just never really interested me-- still the case but it wouldn't hurt me to be a little more up on them.

In all the Kenya pics I never saw anything I would say was "inadequate" for what needed doing. Even the lowest, wornest AK would not necessarily fall way behind the SCAR except in terms of CDI. I noticed AK's, HK's AR's, FAL's...... not a single subgun or shotgun.

TurretGunner
09-25-13, 13:51
I may know as much about the SCAR as a good many people but I feel a little deficient. Can somebody post a link to a not-pages-long piece dealing with the problems? You mentioned warped stocks-- I remember two years ago talking to a chum in South America about SCARs being tested there and there was a stock breaking issue.

I've seen them, handled them, shot them but honestly they just never really interested me-- still the case but it wouldn't hurt me to be a little more up on them.

In all the Kenya pics I never saw anything I would say was "inadequate" for what needed doing. Even the lowest, wornest AK would not necessarily fall way behind the SCAR except in terms of CDI. I noticed AK's, HK's AR's, FAL's...... not a single subgun or shotgun.

MR. Christiansen,
From what I have read and talking to a few people who were part of the testing, the recoul impulse of the scar can cause some un hardened optics , lights, and lasers to fail. This was identifed years ago, and as a result, said companies have hardened up their optics.

Eotech changed their design on the XPS/EXPS to have a the battery perpenduclar to the bore line. On the older models, the recoil would cause the battery's to rock forward and backwads, eventualy breaking shit inside.

To the naysayers as far as Eotechs: I would put up the newer EXPS's against just about any RDS on the market. They are one hell of a sight, and as far as value, much better product than aimpoint.

For laughs: All I could think of when I saw this photo......Eh it was a million dollar wound but he never got a dime of that money!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/21/article-2427892-1822779E00000578-172_964x715.jpg

Crow Hunter
09-25-13, 15:19
Having fired and played with a SCAR L & H quite a bit I would definitely have at least my front sight up if I ever thought I might need it.

It get REALLY hot with minimal firing and it doesn't just flip up. It is locked down and you have to release the lock to get it to go up. That requires a kind of "pinching" motion pulling up a tab with my tumb while pulling the sight up by the hood with my forefinger.

I found it annoying to do when playing on a range, I would think that while under fire with shaking potentially sweaty/bloody hands after the panic of aiming at a hostile person trying to kill me and not seeing a red ring and dot it would be much more than annoying.;)

I would be running it with the front sight up, personally.

But I am just a backyard shooter.

wild_wild_wes
09-25-13, 21:49
MR. Christiansen,
From what I have read and talking to a few people who were part of the testing, the recoul impulse of the scar can cause some un hardened optics , lights, and lasers to fail. This was identifed years ago, and as a result, said companies have hardened up their optics.

Eotech changed their design on the XPS/EXPS to have a the battery perpenduclar to the bore line. On the older models, the recoil would cause the battery's to rock forward and backwads, eventualy breaking shit inside.

Really? I thought the big benefit of the SCAR-H was that it was a really light-recoiling rifle.

RHINOWSO
09-25-13, 21:57
Really? I thought the big benefit of the SCAR-H was that it was a really light-recoiling rifle.
It's not so much that its a heavy recoiling rifle IMO, as it feels less than an M1A I've shot before (and its a lighter rifle than the M1A/M14), but the recoil impulse itself is sharper, like it recoils less overall, but the onset is faster, if that makes any sense...

RyanB
09-25-13, 23:30
The L model has 4 times the peak recoil impulse of the M4.

I wish it had been long stroke.

TurretGunner
09-26-13, 00:07
I don't really care. It shoots like a raped ape, light, low recoil and fits many body styles well.

Just have to know what kind of optics you are going to run ahead of time. I think most of the problem optics have been hardend since. Its a good benchmark/standard for optic durrability.

albatrossarmament
09-26-13, 08:25
What does a new G3 from HK cost? A New FAL from FN?. I bet the SCAR isn't priced out of the budget for Kenya....

BWT
09-26-13, 15:45
American optics, weapons and Surefire lights with tape switches.

I'd bet we bought those guns. Just saying it's not crazy to think they'd deploy their SOF to a terrorist attack where the Kenyan President's nephew was it?

Was killed. We'd do the same or send the FBI equivalent.

RyanB
09-26-13, 16:18
What does a new G3 from HK cost? A New FAL from FN?. I bet the SCAR isn't priced out of the budget for Kenya....

In any country with stability issues the leadership WILL FIND the money to equip and train the elite security forces that keep them alive.

MountainRaven
09-26-13, 20:32

Both of those arms are out of production with the original manufacturers.

In fact, IIRC, H&K tried to bury their roller-block guns entirely when they introduced the UMP but ultimately decided against it. Which makes the MP5 the only roller-block gun they still make. They could, possibly, buy some G3s from a licensed manufacturer (like those in Turkey, Iran, and Pakistan) but I tend to suspect that the license for them included not allowing the arms to be manufactured for export (to prevent the licensed manufacturers from competing with the licensee). And they may very well have sold much of the machinery for scrap years ago, anyway.

For the FAL, they would have to go to Brazil. Which is not the end of the world. Although as Springfield can attest, relying on IMBEL to manufacture things for you isn't always the best and most brilliant of ideas. (Not because of quality but because of their priorities.)

I would reckon that the Kenyans wanted a capability offered by the SCAR-H that is not available in any of the legacy weapons.

Dirtyboy333
09-30-13, 01:51
The guy on the right (and one in the background) in the first pic of the thread looks to have some kind of new streamlined SCAR stock. Maybe thats common knowledge. idk it just stuck out in the photo. (enlarge the pic)

Dirtyboy333
09-30-13, 02:02
The L model has 4 times the peak recoil impulse of the M4.

I wish it had been long stroke.

thats significant (and surprising)... agreed on the long stroke

ryr8828
09-30-13, 07:21
The guy on the right (and one in the background) in the first pic of the thread looks to have some kind of new streamlined SCAR stock. Maybe thats common knowledge. idk it just stuck out in the photo. (enlarge the pic)
I think it's just the angle of the picture, it also looks like he's got a 10 round mag and that's obviously not so.

Dirtyboy333
09-30-13, 13:15
I think it's just the angle of the picture, it also looks like he's got a 10 round mag and that's obviously not so.

You might be right and I definitely agree with you on the Magazine. However, look closely at the angle And size of the clubfoot. There's a guy in the background as well with the different looking stock when compared to the original stock which is the guy in the foreground.

Sam
09-30-13, 13:25

Did anybody else observe the interesting location of the flash light pressure switches on the SCAR-H? On the magwell !! Interesting.

Dirtyboy333
09-30-13, 21:55
Did anybody else observe the interesting location of the flash light pressure switches on the SCAR-H? On the magwell !! Interesting.

Yeah I saw that as well in the first pic. I think the really like gripping the magwell when they shoot. Kind of opposite from what the high speed trainers will tell you. :p

VIP3R 237
09-30-13, 22:29
Yeah I saw that as well in the first pic. I think the really like gripping the magwell when they shoot. Kind of opposite from what the high speed trainers will tell you. :p

Magwell gripping was THE original high speed move.

Dirtyboy333
09-30-13, 23:09
Magwell gripping was THE original high speed move.

I know, i was kind of saying that tounge-in-cheek....honestly, i like gripping the magwell. I feel much more comfortable and make more accurate longer shots. anything over 40 yards or so i'm gripping at least near the magwell.

Fox33
10-04-13, 21:37
Don't jump to conclusions. I'm an officer, and I would fully support allowing weapons to be carried on post by any qualified service member.

The issue is breaking through the bureaucracy of qualification training and weapon issue/recovery. Unless everyone was allowed to keep their weapons at home, the amount of time required to issue/recover to everyone on post who wants to carry would be unworkable.

AR 190-14 sec 4 allows for firearms to be carried (loaded) to protect DOD personnel and Eq.

considering enemy TTP's and history I'd say wearing a uniform makes you a target and under elevated threat. CONUS attacks have happened in the past specifically targeting ARMED US troops in protected positions.

It would illogical to consider enemy CONUS MLCOA and MDCOA, based of off OCONUS TTP's, not specifically targeting US troops in garrison.

Jihaidis work on a one way trip mentality, their exfil plan is martyrdom. They could kill more US troops in one day at any major US installation than they did in the last five years in OEF-A

Nothing really stands in their way.

The risk mitigation and career progression are intrinsically linked. When a commander assumes command authority over a unit he takes responsibility for all that happens and fails to happen. This is without regard to the individual actions of his subordinates.

His ability to provide income and a future to his family is tied to some dumbass 18 year old 11B. Risk mitigation and risk prevention is implied in every decision.

Futures are tied hard and fast to 0 ,no risk, career first, mission second mentalities. Look at the walking, talking, human colostomy bag of a coward, that is the SGM of the Army.

far too busy hollowing out the combat experience of the force than to go to combat itself

Now providing a solider, regardless of training (NSW,SF, Regiment), the capacity to defend themselves from a low frequency yet extremely risk event does not meet the threshold of the current crop of "leaders" to authorize them mean of self defense although the army regulation provides the means.

No matter how long SME's like me scream it from the roof tops, it's going to take another stack of dead Americans to finally figure out this war is far from over. Just because WE say it is over, it is not.

Fox33
10-04-13, 21:43

in the way of African nations not called Eygpt or South Africa

Kenya is not poor, IIRC Kenya is poised to overtake france in the terms of GDP

Magic_Salad0892
10-08-13, 04:40
What's in that briefcase in that first pic?

Ned Christiansen
10-08-13, 22:49
"You're my guys and I want you safe-- on base, at home, on the road. You and your families damned well deserve it. Do what it takes to make sure that's the case. I'll back you up on it."

I guess that's a fantasy but I'll bet it would be popular.

Pierced Armor
10-08-13, 23:02

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can only assume that since the shopping mall was in a well-to-do area that maybe the local law enforcement was better equipped than other areas.

PA

SeriousStudent
10-08-13, 23:11
What's in that briefcase in that first pic?

I'm betting first aid gear, seeing as the soldier carrying it has some sort of armband on. Perhaps he's a medic?

Or maybe he's watched Pulp Fiction, and he stole it from Marsellus Wallace.

HardToHandle
10-08-13, 23:40
I'm betting first aid gear, seeing as the soldier carrying it has some sort of armband on. Perhaps he's a medic?

Or maybe he's watched Pulp Fiction, and he stole it from Marsellus Wallace.

I enjoyed the movie reference and looked at the pic.
My guess is it is an EOD kit. The silver case looks to be a tool case that splits in half to open. Based on the decent equipment, including SCARs and comms, they would want to have organic IED support.

The Kenyans have been fighting Jihadi attacks for a long while. I am not familiar with Israeli tactics, but since they have provided some training there, tools to address an incapacitated suicide bomber would be reasonable.

SeriousStudent
10-08-13, 23:55
That makes a lot more sense. IIRC, they did report a lot of IED's in the mall.

RyanB
10-09-13, 00:09
The troops/police with the SCARs in the pictures are the security forces that secure the regime. Those are always well equipped compared with the rest.

Iraqgunz
10-09-13, 03:26
They should have spent more time looking for them rather than looting and stealing from the mall.

That makes a lot more sense. IIRC, they did report a lot of IED's in the mall.

Mac5.56
10-09-13, 22:42
C'est L'Afrique

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server3000/42c33/products/193/images/988/Rhodesian_lAfrique__32691.1360386081.1280.1280.jpg

I don't know what that patch says but I can infer that it probably reflects what my father said after a decade working in Africa.

SeriousStudent
10-09-13, 22:55
They should have spent more time looking for them rather than looting and stealing from the mall.

Yeah, I read that too. Sigh. :(

Iraqgunz
10-10-13, 00:00
It basically means "It's Africa" as in dealing with the daily shit that happens on the shitty continent.

Soon to be surpassed by the Divided States of Barryland.

I don't know what that patch says but I can infer that it probably reflects what my father said after a decade working in Africa.

Ratfink
10-10-13, 00:27
Looks like there getting the job done to me even though it took a while for them to end the conflict at the mall, on a better note in that photo I see proper trigger control by the guys carrin the scars and from what I can tell the ones being transported in the truck have there safety on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
10-10-13, 08:06
It basically means "It's Africa" as in dealing with the daily shit that happens on the shitty continent.

Soon to be surpassed by the Divided States of Barryland.

Similar to the saying "TIA", aka "This is Africa".

Basically shit happens as it always has in Africa.

Fox33
10-19-13, 19:12
Similar to the saying "TIA", aka "This is Africa".

Basically shit happens as it always has in Africa.

I like to say Africa is the continent where things go do die