PDA

View Full Version : Other pain killers or natural pain relief

hawaiian126
09-22-13, 15:17
Hello
I was wondering what people are packing in their SHTF and bug out bags in terms of pain killers? Can anyone recommend something herbalistic, the reason I'm asking is that I had a work place injury which damaged the muscle, tendons,and nerves in my right arm and am on constant medication to deal with the pain. Medical marajuana was a thought as I qualify because of the constant damage the nerve causes.
But any other thoughts ? Just like to have options.
Thanks guys:confused:

Sensei
09-25-13, 20:55
Motrin and Tylenol. Marijuana has no place in treating pain from an injury in a hostile environment. In fact THC is a shitty analgesic in general: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14499423/

QueenofMisery
10-06-13, 09:35
Traumeel is a holistic pain med. You can get it without a prescription. It is available as a gel and tablets. Very effective and doesn't interact with other medications.

WillBrink
10-06-13, 10:00
Traumeel is a holistic pain med. You can get it without a prescription. It is available as a gel and tablets. Very effective and doesn't interact with other medications.

I found this an interesting read actually:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3085232/

No experience with Traumeel myself.

SteveS
10-06-13, 11:03
Marijuana makes everything worse.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-06-13, 21:04
Yeah right! LOL

john58e
10-07-13, 09:59
I have had -4 back surgeries and two dead nerves in my right leg. Over the counter pain meds. work ok at higher amounts. RX meds. will effect everyone different. I myself and my neighbor both on the same drug from surgery. Worked well , wife's yelling get back in the house you can't do that. Or you sleep all day. Even health food store meds. don't work the same on everyone. My SHTF bug out bag will have a mix of meds.

Voodoo_Man
10-07-13, 10:23
The only reason to even remotely have any type of drug - like marijuana - in your bag during SHTF is to trade or for those in your party who are fatally wounded and no matter what happens they are going to die, drugs will ease that pain much faster than anything else you can find around.

Even still, in a complete SHTF scenario if you happen to come across drugs then sure, pick them up, not like you are going to get arrested for it. Until then, I would suggest keeping away from that concept.

scoutchris
10-17-13, 06:09
Marijuana makes everything worse.

Said no one ever.