PDA

View Full Version : YOUNG MANUFACTURING BCG

KCHORRO
09-23-13, 16:08
Can somebody give me some feedback on this BCG.
I have been told that are good and also are 1/2 oz heavier and wider to help with alignment in the upper receiver to make it more precise..
I'm building an AR-15 for bench target shooting and hunting mostly...
Any advise will be appreciate it!
See the BCG in the link below.

https://www.rainierarms.com/?p...tail&product_id=1007

acetacarms
10-04-13, 11:14
I heard heard some very good things from these BCG and they are getting up in prices the past few months before the gun rush.

TMS951
10-04-13, 13:34
I have one in my SPR, I have not made a comparison with a standard Bolt Carrier as to accuracy.

For having a Noveske barrel and Vltor VIS upper I felt it worth it to put in a higher quality BCG made to more exacting standards. Over a standard chrome BCG its not that much more.

It has never caused me issues and I have shot sub MOA with the gun and factory match ammo.

If you other parts are in the same price/quality range I would go for it.

MistWolf
10-04-13, 14:06
I asked on a dedicated competition forum if the Young's "NM" BCG made any difference in accuracy. The answer is no

Singlestack Wonder
10-04-13, 16:09
Did Young Manufacturing ever start staking the gas key bolts? In the past they used lock tite.

Singlestack Wonder
10-04-13, 16:11
:lol:

On Rainier's web site under Young MFG bcg's, there is a line stating:
"Properly staked by Rainier Arms".

Clint
10-04-13, 17:06
AFAIK, Young does NOT stake them, but many of the resellers do.

Tzook
10-04-13, 17:20
I have had good luck with mine. It's been reliable through about 2,000 rounds. No issues.

doro19
10-05-13, 05:05
I purchased mine from Rainer about 10 months ago. The staking was properly done, and it has given me no problems.

tgizzard
10-05-13, 08:20
I put one of these in one of my rifles. I've liked it, not sure if it's improved accuracy at all. But, it's run flawlessly so far. Now, I've only put about 1500 rounds through the rifle with it, but so far so good.

It came properly staked as well, long story short, I'm happy with mine.

Grip
10-05-13, 15:41
I have about 7,200 rounds on my young mfg nm bcg, not a single issue.

At 6k rounds I put a BCM extractor upgrade kit in the bolt....no issues with that either.

556Cliff
10-05-13, 19:48
I have about 7,200 rounds on my young mfg nm bcg, not a single issue.

At 6k rounds I put a BCM extractor upgrade kit in the bolt....no issues with that either.

Is it staked?

Grip
10-06-13, 12:13
Is it staked?

Yes it is. I think rainier did it.

DonovanM
10-06-13, 12:48
I've got a couple. They work great, I like how the profile offers a better bearing surface with the upper receiver, but they're not gonna do a thing for accuracy - that's all shooter, barrel, ammo, etc.

I prefer hard chrome to nickel boron. They do the same thing - "self lubricating" and easier to clean - it just seems to me like hard chrome has the better track record.