PDA

View Full Version : Question on a comp ml3

camoman
09-23-13, 20:48
I just received a new comp ml3 today, and already have a comp m3.
Are all the settings, that are used as night vision modes on a comp m3, wasted on a comp ml3? Or could I have possibly received a comp m3, labeled wrong? All I know is there are quite a few setting to go through before I can see a dot.

JSantoro
09-24-13, 10:09
Normal, with any of the ML vs. M series Comps.

My ML3 is the same. Were you to mount an I-square device behind it and view your RDS's dot on it's lowest setting, you'd see how much bloom even that little bit sets off. While it might not be visible to the naked eye, it's too much to be useful under an I-square device.

M series optics adjuster knobs are wired to produce lower outputs in the low settings than the ML series, so there's a difference, just one that you might not be able to note without other tools or instrumentation.

camoman
09-25-13, 13:56
Normal, with any of the ML vs. M series Comps.

My ML3 is the same. Were you to mount an I-square device behind it and view your RDS's dot on it's lowest setting, you'd see how much bloom even that little bit sets off. While it might not be visible to the naked eye, it's too much to be useful under an I-square device.

M series optics adjuster knobs are wired to produce lower outputs in the low settings than the ML series, so there's a difference, just one that you might not be able to note without other tools or instrumentation.

Ahh, I see.
Thank you for the knowledge.